Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vick can sign, may sit 4 games

Featured Replies

I wish he could play immediately, from a fan viewpoint.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the solution they came up with is ridiculous. He can join a team, participate in all team activities, but cannot play until Week 6 at the earliest. At that point Goodell will consider him for full reinstatement, which is a fancy way of saying that he's really still techinically suspended indefinitely.

 

You can't spell Goodell without the G-O-D

Vick has served a 32 game suspension what are they trying to prove?

He did his time, let him play...

 

:thumb:

I agree the suspension is harsh but do you honestly think anyone will sign him and then start him by week 1? Doubtful, he needs all of that time to even get back in NFL shape if a team does sign him. Get over it!

It's almost to the point where I feel some what bad for Vick. Don't get me wrong he did a terrible and cruel thing but it got blow WAY out of control and he is paying dearly for it. Does Goodell not think that "potential" 4 game suspension would play a role in a team signing him. Let him play if someone wants him on their team.

I agree the suspension is harsh but do you honestly think anyone will sign him and then start him by week 1? Doubtful, he needs all of that time to even get back in NFL shape if a team does sign him. Get over it!

 

For all we know Vick is in the shape of his life. And I'm sure an NFL team would rather have him for all 16 games, so that they could gradually let him play more and more. Maybe a set package for game 1 and build off of that.

For all we know Vick is in the shape of his life. And I'm sure an NFL team would rather have him for all 16 games, so that they could gradually let him play more and more. Maybe a set package for game 1 and build off of that.

If Vick is in the shape of his life, we need to really examine what is going on in our penitentiary system :lol:

He served his time but look at the precedent that has been set in the past by Goodell. He suspended both PacMan Jones and Plaxico Burress and neither had even been officially convicted of a crime. He had to suspend him, especially after Vick lied to Goodell about the whole affair in the first place.

 

I don't agree with the jail sentence he received, when Donte Stallworth gets 24 days in jail and Vick gets 23 months; but I can see where a suspension was justified, maybe not six games, but atleast it's not the entire season.

He absolutely must be suspended. Just because you served your time doesn't mean an employer can't also put you on suspension. If I get a DUI, I'm fired. While I'd serve my time, pay my debt...etc. I still would have to face the consequences with my employer.

 

Personally, I hope he's a huge failure.

He absolutely must be suspended. Just because you served your time doesn't mean an employer can't also put you on suspension. If I get a DUI, I'm fired. While I'd serve my time, pay my debt...etc. I still would have to face the consequences with my employer.

 

Personally, I hope he's a huge failure.

 

He's been suspended for several seasons already.

He's been suspended for several seasons already.

 

By the league?

 

I should say, by the league or because he was incarcerated?

By the league?

 

I should say, by the league or because he was incarcerated?

 

He just done real time in a prison. I think the commissioner is letting his power go to his head. Vick has paid the time for his crime and the commish needs to back off a little, IMO.

He just done real time in a prison. I think the commissioner is letting his power go to his head. Vick has paid the time for his crime and the commish needs to back off a little, IMO.

 

Wouldn't that set a precedence that the league is okay with committing a felony? I mean, as far as I'm concerned, serving time in prison is NOT being suspended. He has to give out something.

 

If Vick didn't want a 4 game suspension after prison (here's a shocker), don't break the law.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.