Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vick can sign, may sit 4 games

Featured Replies

If the NFL did not believe they were punishing Vick, why put the indefinite suspension in place? Why is there this need for the league to punish him after the fact? So prison time issued by the US Government isn't enough, losing millions of dollars and owing millions to creditors isn't enough, having his name dragged through the mud isn't enough. When is it "enough", I guess?

 

Vick put himself in this situation, but to understate the punishment that prison time repressents...I dont get it and I feel it is petty for the NFL to pile on.

 

:thumb:

Some people don't get what we're saying man. Why don't they just end Vick's career while they're at it.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Um, how about not committing the felony? The indefinite suspension was to see how it would all play out. You guys would really be in an uproar if the NFL did nothing and then all of the sudden decided to suspend him when he was released from the joint.

 

They did the right thing. And, according to the NFL, enough will be in week 5.

 

And he lost millions of dollars because he's an idiot.

 

You are totally missing the point, Crash. No one wants to absolve Vick from blame...check my posts and you will see that I consistently write that he put himself in this bad situation.

 

My points are simple:

 

1. Prison is Vick's punishment. Lost millions are Vick's punishment. Vick's current life and state of his affairs are his punishment. I think folks are understating how much he has already suffered.

 

2. The NFL should not have suspended him indefinitely if they were simply going to suspend him for more time after reinstating him.

 

3. The NFL seems like the are kicking him while he is down and I feel they should be above that.

 

That is it. This is my opinion. I just wanted my opinion to be clearly stated without anyone presuming to know how I would react and think or misrepresenting my thoughts on the matter.

You are totally missing the point, Crash. No one wants to absolve Vick from blame...check my posts and you will see that I consistently write that he put himself in this bad situation.

 

My points are simple:

 

1. Prison is Vick's punishment. Lost millions are Vick's punishment. Vick's current life and state of his affairs are his punishment. I think folks are understating how much he has already suffered.

 

2. The NFL should not have suspended him indefinitely if they were simply going to suspend him for more time after reinstating him.

 

3. The NFL seems like the are kicking him while he is down and I feel they should be above that.

 

That is it. This is my opinion. I just wanted my opinion to be clearly stated without anyone presuming to know how I would react and think or misrepresenting my thoughts on the matter.

 

My opinion is exactly the same.:thumb:

They might as well paint a scarlett dog on his helmet after they stone him in pre-game.

Got it. You guys choose to defend and feel sympathy for a convicted felon who wasted away millions of $'s for street cred. Crystal clear.

 

No one is keeping him from making a living. He can come work with me for far less $.

For some reason the life of one man has been downplayed and the death of many dogs severly built up, yes. Would I have given Vick 23 months, Plax 3 1/2 years-or whatever he's looking at, or given Stalworth 24 days? Absolutely not, Vick would have gotten around a year, Plax a year to 18 months and and Stalworth would never see the light of day. That's the US Legal System though, this is the NFL. There can't be claims of double jeopardy when the NFL and Commissioner Goodell are separate entities from the US Government. It's not as though the US Government is calling Vick back to jail.

 

Is it piling on? Perhaps, would I suspend him? Probably but it would be for four games, just like any other standard suspension for something in the NFL more severe than running your mouth to a ref, pushing and shoving or missing a team meeting. But Goodell has to suspend Vick, he has already shown that he will suspend players that have numerous run ins with the law or that have committed fairly severe crimes. I'm going to say that running an illegal dog fighting ring for profit, tax evasion and running drugs is severe.

 

If it were me, any player that gets into trouble in which a gun, knife, bomb, whatever is involved, you're done for a full season. The Steve McNair murder, the Chargers QB shooting, the Marvin Harrison incident and the few Jacksonville shootings have shown us that when a weapon is involved, any and everything that can go wrong will.

 

But I've went on a tangent, so let me get back on point. Goodell has shown that if you get in trouble with the law, you will be suspended on top of your jail sentence. It will be interesting to see if every NFL player that is released from prison after a significant stint that attempts to come back will also be suspend for 6 games.

 

Again, I don't agree with the number of games Vick was suspended, but for the sake of continuity a suspension needed to happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.