June 16, 200917 yr Just wanted to here everyone thoughts on Jodie Meeks as compared to Chris Lofton. Both had great college careers and both are great shooters. As we all know Lofton was not drafted and went to summer camp with the Nuggets where there were no openings. Decided to go to Turkey and had a great season including a 61 point game. This summer he has been invited to Celtics summer camp. Does Meeks follow this same pattern? Is he drafted and later cut or does he go Undrafted. Let's hear some comparsions of the two.
June 16, 200917 yr I think there are only two similarities between the two: - Great shooters - Connected to Kentucky in some form Jodie is bigger, much more athletic, and quicker. He'll get drafted, but it may be late in the going. Something (or someone) tells me that he'll get drafted at the back end of the first round from a team looking for a bench spark.
June 16, 200917 yr I believe above all both are winners. I think the reason for the decline of UT this past year was mostly do to Lofton being gone. Also Meeks carried UK for a long time until he just eventually wore down. Both were amazing players on the court and seemed to be great people off the court!
June 16, 200917 yr Meeks is a much better all around athlete and player. He will get drafted and then really the rest is up to him. How hard will he work and improve his game.
June 16, 200917 yr Meeks is a much better all around athlete and player. He will get drafted and then really the rest is up to him. How hard will he work and improve his game. I'll give you a better athlete as for player, I'm not sold on Meeks. Lofton was a great college player on a good team, Meeks was a good scorer on a bad team. Lofton is the better shooter, and didn't play as reckless. I have never been high on Meeks, but as a college player I just don't see how you take Meeks over Lofton. I think if Lofton can break into the league, I think that he may end up having a better pro career there too.
June 16, 200917 yr I'll take Lofton any day. Lofton had a way better college career, Meeks came onto the scene this past season, Lofton had a solid career from his freshman to senior year. As for the pro game, I'll take Lofton again. His game just fits the NBA, while to me Meeks' doesn't. Not downing Jodie or anything like that, that's just how I see it.
June 16, 200917 yr Author Chris is not healthy for about half of his senior season but he did not want to redshirt. His stats being down his senoir season probably hurt his draft status. He might have had a better chance if he had re-shirted and went into the draft this year. He had a very good season over seas.
June 16, 200917 yr I'll take Lofton any day. Lofton had a way better college career, Meeks came onto the scene this past season, Lofton had a solid career from his freshman to senior year. As for the pro game, I'll take Lofton again. His game just fits the NBA, while to me Meeks' doesn't. Not downing Jodie or anything like that, that's just how I see it. :confused::confused: How so?
June 16, 200917 yr Lets compare their junior years, since Jodie won't have a senior year and Chris wasn't 100% for his. Meeks/Lofton Points - 23.7/20.8 Reb - 3.4/3.1 Ast - 1.8/1.7 TO - 2.7/1.6 Stl - 1.3/1.5 FG% - 46.3/47.9 FT% - 90.2/81.1 3P% - 40.6/41.9 The main differences are TOs (in Lofton's favor) and FT% (in Meeks' favor). The rest are relatively close. Jodie has the edge in points, rebounds, and assists, so I'll take him over Chris.
June 16, 200917 yr Lets compare their junior years, since Jodie won't have a senior year and Chris wasn't 100% for his. Meeks/Lofton Points - 23.7/20.8 Reb - 3.4/3.1 Ast - 1.8/1.7 TO - 2.7/1.6 Stl - 1.3/1.5 FG% - 46.3/47.9 FT% - 90.2/81.1 3P% - 40.6/41.9 The main differences are TOs (in Lofton's favor) and FT% (in Meeks' favor). The rest are relatively close. Jodie has the edge in points, rebounds, and assists, so I'll take him over Chris. Not me. Jodie got to shoot alot for a bad team that had 1 other option to score. Tennessee wasn't great but they were at least a decent team.
June 16, 200917 yr Lofton took as many bad shots as Meeks. Lofton seems to have more of a variety of shots than Meeks, to me that gives him a slight advantage.
June 16, 200917 yr Not me. Jodie got to shoot alot for a bad team that had 1 other option to score. Tennessee wasn't great but they were at least a decent team. Which meant that teams could (and did) plan their entire defensive strategy around guarding Meeks.
June 16, 200917 yr Lofton took as many bad shots as Meeks. Lofton seems to have more of a variety of shots than Meeks, to me that gives him a slight advantage. Didn't someone (Pearl?) say something about Lofton being "the best worst shot taker" they had ever seen?
June 16, 200917 yr Lets compare their junior years, since Jodie won't have a senior year and Chris wasn't 100% for his. Meeks/Lofton Points - 23.7/20.8 Reb - 3.4/3.1 Ast - 1.8/1.7 TO - 2.7/1.6 Stl - 1.3/1.5 FG% - 46.3/47.9 FT% - 90.2/81.1 3P% - 40.6/41.9 The main differences are TOs (in Lofton's favor) and FT% (in Meeks' favor). The rest are relatively close. Jodie has the edge in points, rebounds, and assists, so I'll take him over Chris. :thumb: Agree.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.