Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jodie Meeks vs. Chris Lofton

Featured Replies

I really don't know why you have such a problem with Meeks. Benefactor of less talent is not a good thing. Plus it seems after the Arkansas game Billy was a little jealous of Jodie and did the best job guarding him than anyone.

 

I agree.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn you Tubby for not recruiting Lofton...

Jodie Meeks game reminds me of Andrew Toney (aka The Boston Strangler) He played at SW Louisiana in the late 70's and was drafted by the 76ers. Toney had a penchant for having big games against the 76ers biggest foes the Lakers and the Celtics, that's how he got his nickname. Toney was a strong guard that could play some D and hit from anywhere on the floor. Toney was the spot up shooter for the 76ers during the Dr. J and Moses Malone days.

Jodie Meeks game reminds me of Andrew Toney (aka The Boston Strangler) He played at SW Louisiana in the late 70's and was drafted by the 76ers. Toney had a penchant for having big games against the 76ers biggest foes the Lakers and the Celtics, that's how he got his nickname. Toney was a strong guard that could play some D and hit from anywhere on the floor. Toney was the spot up shooter for the 76ers during the Dr. J and Moses Malone days.

 

That's a good comparison Jumper. :thumb:

Disagree.

 

Why???

What else can he get better at? He is a great shooter and it is hard to get much better than he is at that. He has reached his peak in athletic ability which also means it would be tougher for him to improve on his defense. Like I said, he was a great college player and could possibly help a NBA team, but Meeks brings more to the table and has more potential.

I really don't know why you have such a problem with Meeks. Benefactor of less talent is not a good thing. Plus it seems after the Arkansas game Billy was a little jealous of Jodie and did the best job guarding him than anyone.

 

I find myself annoyed of many UK players. Not even because of anything that they do. Meeks has always carried himself in a good way and hasn't been in trouble or anything, I just get sick and tired of the pedestal that people put our players on.

 

Some UK fans act like Meeks was an all-timer for college basketball. Same with many other players. It kills me because I watch them realistically. And in real terms Meeks was a good shooter and that's it, about like Lofton. Lofton was a better shooter. It's simple. Throw out the athleticism, when did Meeks use it? He wasn't blowing by people and dunking. He wasn't killing people on penetration. That is my problem. The same knocks used on players like Steph Curry and Lofton are used for Meeks. "He was great because he played at UK".

 

Did I want Meeks to come back? Yes. I think him being an older member of the team would have helped, and I think a Coach like Cal could turn Meeks into the type of player many UK fans think that he is. He is always a Wildcat so part of me will always like him, but like Chuck Hayes, Patrick Sparks, and others I just wish people would really watch them play without using UK bias.

*cough* Mason County *cough*

 

:confused:

 

 

This is crazy...I am the biggest UK fan ever...But I really think that Lofton has a better game for the NBA.

:confused:

 

 

This is crazy...I am the biggest UK fan ever...But I really think that Lofton has a better game for the NBA.

Most others would disagree with you. It's why Chris didn't even come close to being drafted and Jodie will at least go in the second round.

 

I would ask you what aspects do you think Chris could add to his game that would mean he's not at his peak?

 

BTW, the Mason County cracks, part of it is good natured ribbing, but part of it is years, YEARS, of Royal fans never letting stuff with Chris go. Who started this thread? A Mason County fan.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.