Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall to Greece?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was more like Wall has been offered a nice sum of money to come over there and play, but has said he's not interested. Somebody said (don't know how true) that in a text Wall sent to someone it said "I,m at Kentucky".

 

If he doesn't qualify then I could believe it, but until then its not happening. He's thinking more Derrick Rose/Tyreke Evans than he is Brandon Jennings. On a side note I think he gets qualified. The dean of Word of God was really repping his institution at his press conference, and you could tell he was more than estatic to have someone like Wall representing his school. If John doesn't qualify it looks bad on the school, and thats something I don't think they would allow to happen. Just my take.

:rolleyes:

 

Considering he's still a top 7 prospect, it hurt him a lot, didn't it?

 

Being in the college spotlight seems to be way brighter then the Italy spotlight.

John Wall has too much to lose going overseas. He will be eligible and play and will complete UK's recipe for sucess. He has the talent to be in the N.B.A. (NOW)!!!

Being in the college spotlight seems to be way brighter then the Italy spotlight.

The spotlight in Italy pays more then the college spotlight.

The spotlight in Italy pays more then the college spotlight.

 

Hopefully.

Then why didn't he go to the NBA they pay well too.

Then why didn't he go to the NBA they pay well too.

 

That stupid "have to wait a year after their class graduates high school" rule.

That stupid "have to wait a year after their class graduates high school" rule.

 

I could be dead wrong but I thought he qualified cause he spent a year in prep school?

The spotlight in Italy pays more then the college spotlight.

 

I'm not so sure about that...

I could be dead wrong but I thought he qualified cause he spent a year in prep school?

 

 

That I don't know. Does a person get "reclassified" when attending prep school?

I could be dead wrong but I thought he qualified cause he spent a year in prep school?

 

Word Of God is not a prep school. He spent a 5th year in high school...

Jennings has said that it was a mistake and he wouldn't recommend it. No matter where his draft status is I'm sure he would rather have spent this year in college. He gets paid (well sometimes), but he will have plenty of money in the next and I'm sure the college experience would have been just as rewarding.

 

The problem is Jennings didn't have the option of playing in college.

 

Don't believe it, unless he doesn't qualify and that isn't likely.

 

If he doesn't qualify, I could see it. If he does qualify, he'll be playing for Calipari.

 

Being in the college spotlight seems to be way brighter then the Italy spotlight.

 

Here, it is. Basketball is still big in certain areas in Europe. And you can play against professionals & make some money. More importantly, you don't have to qualify academically.

 

Then why didn't he go to the NBA they pay well too.

 

That I don't know. Does a person get "reclassified" when attending prep school?

 

No, although anyone who challenges this rule will not have to worry about any precedent.

Wall took the SAT May 4th. Two months prior he was less than 100 points from a qualifying test score. This is before he took more than 2 months of SAT prep courses. I dont know if it is conceivable that he could even have the scores as of yet. He took the test not even a month ago. His core should be fine. Heard him in an interview before the hoops summit in which he stated he took an extra couple of classes "just in case"

Jennings has said that it was a mistake and he wouldn't recommend it. No matter where his draft status is I'm sure he would rather have spent this year in college. He gets paid (well sometimes), but he will have plenty of money in the next and I'm sure the college experience would have been just as rewarding.

 

I'm not saying that playing overseas helped him more than playing in college, but it doesn't mean that playing overseas hurt him-thus, why I alluded to the fact that he was projected as a top 7 pick. He would have been the best frosh in the country this season, which would have meant he would have had more exposure and his draft stock would be right there with Griffin and Rubio IMO. So in that respect I guess it hurt him, but not much.

 

Being in the college spotlight seems to be way brighter then the Italy spotlight.

 

It's not like he shunned the College life on purpose, he was ruled academically ineligible and not allowed to play, instead of attempting to test again and get a higher score, he decided to take the other route.

 

Wall should have the grades and if he does, he'll be at UK. It's a non issue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.