Xavier Henry

SSC

If Xavier wants to come and Jodie returns they will find a way to make it all work. That is the least of my worries of all this was to come to light.

Yeah, UK would start Wall, Henry, Patterson, Meeks and Cousins. Miller/Dodson would go to the bench. There is usually little difference in SG and SF in college basketball and Henry is big enough to guard the more physical 3's.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the latest:

As I mentioned last night, there was a late-evening buzz yesterday that Xavier Henry might be unhappy in Kansas and may consider looking at other schools. So far, this is nothing more than the latest UK online rumor (well actually it's no longer the latest...more on that soon). I first learned of this rumor via Jordan's Kentucky Wildcat Blog.

Apparently, some are pointing the finger at a Kentucky fan in Oklahoma as the person who started this rumor via Twitter. He posted this on May 30th:

Xavier henry might not end up @ KU.

4:25 PM May 30th from web

And this a little later:

my twitter is blowing up! lol, hopefully more info tomorrow evening.

about 23 hours ago from web

His latest update:

just woke up. no new news. b patient, might be a couple of days.

about 2 hours ago from web

Today, ZagsBlog.com posted a blurb about the rumor in an article:

"A Kentucky basketball blog says Xavier Henry is not happy at Kansas and that he could still end up at Kentucky. Henry initially committed to Memphis and then changed his mind after John Calipari took the Kentucky job.

"Sources say Henry will not attend the first summer school session at Kansas but that Xavier and his brother, C.J., still plan on attending the school. The family has made no official comment."

My Thoughts: We will continue to monitor the situation to see if there is any validity to the rumor.

The only thing I have seen comes from a poster who has been dead on regarding Cousins and Henry...and that is the poster from Oklahoma.

Jeff Drummond vouched for this guy.

He has not said UK is a player in the situation, only that Mama Henry is not real happy and that Bill Self had something like 12 days to rectify this situation. What that is, I could not tell you.

The only thing I have seen comes from a poster who has been dead on regarding Cousins and Henry...and that is the poster from Oklahoma.

Jeff Drummond vouched for this guy.

He has not said UK is a player in the situation, only that Mama Henry is not real happy and that Bill Self had something like 12 days to rectify this situation. What that is, I could not tell you.

Is that the same guy that is in the Twitter account?

Lot of people saying this could be pretty reliable stuff. I think that makes JDrum, and now Maggard. Not sure on anyone else, but those guys wouldn't just support any ole message board rumor unless they knew there was some cred behind it.

I think Perry Stevenson's abilities are being grossly underestimated.

He has shown some flashes of being a good player in his career. I think the change in coaches will greatly affect him. It was obvious that he had no use for Billy Clyde and it showed in his play.

I feel Perry Stevenson will be a very pleasant surprise in the John Calipari system and will play more and play better than most UK fans expect.

I hope you are right, but he does not have the handles to overly succeed in the dribble drive offense! He can certainly help w/rebounding, defense, and in the open court!

Here is an article to help dissolve this rumor:

Carl Henry told Jayhawkslant.com that his son, Xavier, will honor his commitment to Kansas and that he has no idea who Moses DuPre is. DuPre started an Internet rumor that Henry was unhappy with his role at KU.

“Nothing has changed,” Carl Henry said, according to KUsports.com.

Apparently someone opened a Twitter account in Xavier’s name during the recruiting process and started posting some false info.

On a side note, to all the folks emailing me and posting comments saying it was irresponsible of me to post this rumor yesterday, wake up and smell the coffee. What was irresponsible was posting this rumor initially. Once it’s out there, the mainstream media needed to report it out and investigate. Shay Wildeboor at Jayhawkslant did a great job of getting Carl on the phone and doing just that.

Source: ZagsBlog.com

Here is an article to help dissolve this rumor:

Carl Henry told Jayhawkslant.com that his son, Xavier, will honor his commitment to Kansas and that he has no idea who Moses DuPre is. DuPre started an Internet rumor that Henry was unhappy with his role at KU.

“Nothing has changed,” Carl Henry said, according to KUsports.com.

Apparently someone opened a Twitter account in Xavier’s name during the recruiting process and started posting some false info.

On a side note, to all the folks emailing me and posting comments saying it was irresponsible of me to post this rumor yesterday, wake up and smell the coffee. What was irresponsible was posting this rumor initially. Once it’s out there, the mainstream media needed to report it out and investigate. Shay Wildeboor at Jayhawkslant did a great job of getting Carl on the phone and doing just that.

Source: ZagsBlog.com

:thumb: Don't listen to them.