Xavier Henry

SSC

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a blog that says it can confirm that Xavier Henry is not happy in Kansas and a move to Kentucky is not out of the realm of possibility. Here is the article:

And we thought 09 recruiting was finished....Not so fast says Xavier Henry. There are some rumors going around that Henry isn't totally happy with his decision to verbally commit to Kansas. I can confirm that there is some truth to those rumors. Alot of the decision to attend Kansas was to make his mom happy and he may be wanting to change that decision. This COULD mean that Henry to Kentucky is possible if Henry wants to change his college. So we will all just have to keep a eye on this, something could happen.

Link

That would make this class every bit as good as the fab five. But personally I think that I would rather have an experienced Jodie Meeks over Xavier Henry if both are to be one and done from this point forward.

Wow. Wasn't expecting this.

Xavier really didn't seem to big on Kentucky back before he committed to KU. Lack of knowing tradition and acting like Kentucky is a second rate school isn't the type of faith I have in a kid that could maybe come here. Maybe by Wall, Cousins, and all the other guys signing, something may have clicked in his head to say maybe I had them (UK) all wrong. I'm sure all the media coverage garnered to Kentucky has helped a little as well, especially when compared to the lack of press Kansas (more than likely next years pre season number one) has received. I don't know much about Kentucky is what he once said, but if something has changed and he has finally figured out that Kentucky was just a sleeping giant, then this could be good considering how much he likes Cal. BUT, like said, he didn't really seem to be feeling Kentucky before so unless something drastic has changed I'm not going to get my hopes up.