Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bad News on Jodie Meeks

Featured Replies

Taking Meeks at 15 is a mistake, IMO. It would be great for him obviously, but I just don't think the Pistons would benefit that greatly from it.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love for Meeks to return but I wish him the best either way.

 

If I were a GM with the 15th pick and extras and I wanted a projected second rounder badly, I would have a dilemna. It would be nice to pick him up where he is projected or just above, but he will probably withdraw if he isnt projected to go higher. If only there was a way to get him to stay in the draft and pick him up later..........

I do not think that the Pistons will select him, they already have an overstock at SP with AI and Rip, IMO they just liked him, but won't select him.

That doesn't make me think that those are the only two players Detroit is considering at 15. It makes me think thats the only two Detroit is considering at 15 out of the players that worked out.

Guys, I can guarantee you Dumars didn't want to downgrade in talent, but economics demanded it. What does it say about your team's financial state when you're contacting fans of the opposing team in a playoff series begging them to come to your arena on a discount?

 

Look at what happened this year in the NBA. Almost zero major moves at the trade deadline. Plenty of teams needed pieces to their puzzle, but most stood pat so they wouldn't take on the extra payroll.

 

Jermaine O'Neal, Shawn Marion & Jason Richardson were all traded. Tyson Chandler was traded but failed a physical.

Taking Meeks at 15 is a mistake, IMO. It would be great for him obviously, but I just don't think the Pistons would benefit that greatly from it.

 

I agree. I think he'd be available much later.

 

But I'd love to see him get selected that early.

Detroit won't select Meeks with #15.

 

Especially if Buddinger is still on the board. My only hope is regardless of what team and what pick, that all teams should be as honest as possible with Jodie so he can make the right choice for his career. It would be so unfair to him if a team/GM told him they were looking at taking him late first round and made it seem as if it was a given, then him stay in the draft and perhaps fall into the mid-late second round. That would be a horrible situation and I'm sure to Jodie would have been a wrong choice. That's why I just hope he has the right kind of people in his ear that allow him to make the best decision for his career. If he can go top 20 then my hats off to him, if not then I hope to see him back.

I do not think that the Pistons will select him, they already have an overstock at SP with AI and Rip, IMO they just liked him, but won't select him.

 

AI will not be in Detroit next year. And I bleieve the deal to get Iverson was more about opening cap space than anything else.

 

There's been some DUmars bashing on here, but I think he saw that his team could not get to the finals without morgatging the future so he decided to be proactive. I don't think his job is in jeopardy one bit and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pistons as major players in the east again in a few short years.

I see less of Dumars bashing, and more of a realization that the pieces just aren't there right now for this team to make a title run anytime soon.

Meeks may feel he has to go. There is a TON of talent on this team now... he's not gonna throw up 20 shots a game. I doubt he matches his average and highs of last year, but he could become a better ball player.

As much as I want Jodie back...I would love to see him picked 15th and by the Pistons...:thumb:

Jermaine O'Neal, Shawn Marion & Jason Richardson were all traded. Tyson Chandler was traded but failed a physical.

 

Ergo, my use of the qualifier "almost." :D

Ergo, my use of the qualifier "almost." :D

I had to chime in on this. How many NBA teams will give out information on who they like where with only 2 rounds in the draft? Do you really believe they will make their intentions public a month before the draft?

There are also many other players they will work out! The selection does not have to come from those 20 they have worked out so far. From what i understood they were the two they would consider out of the 20 so far. There will be many more to work out for them. They may also draft a player that hasnt even worked out for them. I think people are blowing this article way out of proportion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.