Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One "have to have" game pitcher.....

Featured Replies

When someone is soooooooo dominating that MLB is forced to change the rules (ie: mound height) just to try and level the playing field...I'll take that player!

 

Bob Gibson's gotta be that guy!

 

It wasn't just the talent...it was the attitude.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curt Schilling

 

If its a must win, give me the "bloody sock".

Very big kudos and respect for the one who can tell me the owner of these stats.

 

 

2-0 with a 0.36 ERA in 3 World Series starts.

 

If its a Red then Jack Billingham is the first one that comes to mind.

I'd have to go with Schilling. If not, give me Babe Ruth--it wouldn't hurt to have his bat in the lineup.

Jack Morris

 

He was the first named that popped into my head.

If its a Red then Jack Billingham is the first one that comes to mind.

 

 

 

That would be the one. :thumb:

Cactus Jack gave up Hank Aaron's #714...

 

 

Very good. Yes he did. I had no idea you would know that. I'm very impressed. Since you are a Cubs fan I thought you were talking about when Tom Browning walked across the street, and sat on the roof top with the fans.

He was the first named that popped into my head.

 

I mostly picked him because on stuff like this I'm inclined to go with someone I've actually seen pitch, and Morris was flat-out dominant. Beckett would be my choice of current guys.

 

But all-time I would probably have to go with Gibson. Catfish Hunter would be way up the list, as well as one of his less-famous teammates, Blue Moon Odom, who was 3-1 with a 1.07 ERA in the postseason. Another obscure one from the olden days would be Mickey Lolich, who I'm sure St. Louis Cardinal fans such as nWo still have nightmares about after he won three games in the '67 series.

Very good. Yes he did. I had no idea you would know that. I'm very impressed. Since you are a Cubs fan I thought you were talking about when Tom Browning walked across the street, and sat on the roof top with the fans.

 

Thank you, thank you very much!:ylsuper: I actually heard that a long time ago while on a visit to Riverfront and it has always stuck with me. That WS ERA is unbelievable.

Very big kudos and respect for the one who can tell me the owner of these stats.

 

 

2-0 with a 0.36 ERA in 3 World Series starts.

 

Josh Beckett?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.