Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Patterson Stay or Go?

Will Patrick Patterson return for his Junior season? 55 members have voted

  1. 1. Will Patrick Patterson return for his Junior season?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Problem is, I see no way he goes that high. I think 18-20 is the ceiling for him this year.

 

I honestly don't see him going Top 15, but even Top 20 I think he should go. That's still a pretty good draft pick.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He texted me that he was going off the tv scroll. He apologized...

 

Much ado about nothing :lol:

 

No, I trust this guy on the UK stuff. I won't say it's 100% at this point, but I would never put it on my own site if I doubted it.

 

So you are saying that someone on UK's staff, got this information from a TV station? Wouldn't someone on UK's staff hear it from Patterson or Cal before a TV station?

  • Author

In my opinion:

 

If he's top 15, he should go no matter what. If he's 15-20, he needs to strongly consider leaving. If he's 20 or lower, he should come back to Kentucky.

  • Author
So you are saying that someone on UK's staff, got this information from a TV station? Wouldn't someone on UK's staff hear it from Patterson or Cal before a TV station?

 

No, the guy that works close to the program is the guy that said someone is just trying to scoop a story and that it's false. I knew I was in trouble when I talked to him.

I'd imagine Coach Cal's Twitter will let us know as soon as he decides. :lol:

  • Author
I'd imagine Coach Cal's Twitter will let us know as soon as he decides. :lol:

 

:laugh:

In my opinion:

 

If he's top 15, he should go no matter what. If he's 15-20, he needs to strongly consider leaving. If he's 20 or lower, he should come back to Kentucky.

 

I agree. :thumb:

The way I look at an NBA draft, if you are slated to be in the top 15-20, you have a good shot of being selected in the first round. Beyond that, I think you are taking a huge gamble. Most projections have Pat as around a mid first rounder... 15-20 range. I still question him even being that high and I attribute it more to the lack of depth of the 2009 draft board.

 

Next year's draft class should be a little more deep in the post, and whether he improves his game or not, I cannot see him improving to the point he would jump off the charts. In other words, I cannot see him being any higher than he is now.

I don't expect him back at UK...I hope I'm wrong.

The way I look at an NBA draft, if you are slated to be in the top 15-20, you have a good shot of being selected in the first round. Beyond that, I think you are taking a huge gamble. Most projections have Pat as around a mid first rounder... 15-20 range. I still question him even being that high and I attribute it more to the lack of depth of the 2009 draft board.

 

Next year's draft class should be a little more deep in the post, and whether he improves his game or not, I cannot see him improving to the point he would jump off the charts. In other words, I cannot see him being any higher than he is now.

 

Agreed...I don't think he is at the point where he can significantly improve his draft stock. IMO if he returns back to UK he still wouldn't be threatening a top 10 pick.

Any underclassman that enters the draft and is not a lottery pick lock, is absolutely crazy. I know there are circumstances like Azubuike's, but it is still such a huge risk. The basketball world is littered with 1-to-4 year NBA journeymen.

None of us know how much he can improve his mid range game. He never got the chance under Gillispie and as hard as he works I wouldn't under estimate what he could accomplish in Cal's system. I agree if 15 or better go, anything worse than 15 come back.

I don't expect him back at UK...I hope I'm wrong.

 

Same here.

Agreed...I don't think he is at the point where he can significantly improve his draft stock. IMO if he returns back to UK he still wouldn't be threatening a top 10 pick.

 

Unless Cal turned him into Blake Griffin...:eek:

It's really hard to tell. So much news going on with UK he might just slowly drift towards the draft all the way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.