Covington Catholic/Beechwood predictions

Winner  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• CovCath
    • Beechwood

Radar gun needs to be recalibrated. Smith throws low 80s;you can bank on it. Beechwood's shortstop throws harder.

I haven't seen him this year yet so maybe that ankle is bothering him? But I saw him at the invite only Area Code Tryouts last July...he threw 15 or so fastballs and was between 87 and 91. (So I guess the shortstop throws 91 to 99?) Seriously, these weren't rookies on the gun who showed me. He is a late developing kid who has the frame and tools to play some serious baseball if he continues to develop as he has in the past 24 months. Great kid and could be a great challenge for the Colonels. But I'll take Cov Cath by 4.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this a big game, esp. when comparing possible opponents. Between Holmes and HC, I'd prefer to play Holmes obviously. That being said, Holmes does not just roll over and let teams walk on them. They only lost to HC 8 to 5 tonight, and when CovCath played them it was about the same score. So it's not just an automatic..

Yes this a big game, esp. when comparing possible opponents. Between Holmes and HC, I'd prefer to play Holmes obviously. That being said, Holmes does not just roll over and let teams walk on them. They only lost to HC 8 to 5 tonight, and when CovCath played them it was about the same score. So it's not just an automatic..

Very true. I liked the intensity Holmes played with even though they have been over matched in all three district seeding games.

Also, another thing I just thought about camparing the BHS and CCH lineups, I noticed that BHS's 3 and 4 hitters(Hyde and Snyder) weigh about a combine 300lbs, if that. lol

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Also, another thing i just thought about camparing the BHS and CCH lineups, I noticed that BHS's 3 and 4 hitters(Hyde and Snyder) weigh about a combine 300lbs, if that. lol

Maile and Darner would only be about 50 pounds heavier, maybe. Maile's a stick if you actually take a good look at him. No more that 175.

Has CCH played HC? If so then I would imagine the winner is going against Holmes and the loser has to face Roeneker and HC.

Yes, that shows you how tough the 35th is. HC was the All "A" state runner up and is the #3 seed in the district!

I haven't seen him this year yet so maybe that ankle is bothering him? But I saw him at the invite only Area Code Tryouts last July...he threw 15 or so fastballs and was between 87 and 91. (So I guess the shortstop throws 91 to 99?) Seriously, these weren't rookies on the gun who showed me. He is a late developing kid who has the frame and tools to play some serious baseball if he continues to develop as he has in the past 24 months. Great kid and could be a great challenge for the Colonels. But I'll take Cov Cath by 4.

Smith could be a junior, he is very young. Interesting someone finally has a radar gun in this arguement.

I doubt Smith throws even in the mid 80s; so whats all the hoopla about. Adam Shumate will start with game. This is just my opinion.

It doesn't sound like you have ever seen SMith throw if you say he only throws mid 80s.