Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyler Going Pro ???

Featured Replies

It hasn't worked out well for the guy from last year....I hope that trend continues.

 

You're wishing for kids to fail?

 

And define "worked out well." By all indications, it seems Brandon Jennings could be a top 10 pick.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're wishing for kids to fail?

 

And define "worked out well." By all indications, it seems Brandon Jennings should be a lottery pick.

 

And already has a fat bank account..

You're wishing for kids to fail?

 

And define "worked out well." By all indications, it seems Brandon Jennings could be a top 10 pick.

 

He didn't get paid, half the time...and at 18, they are no longer kids, IMO.....sure they may be naive and do stupid things, but to forgo a chance at a nice education and exploit the system...yes I hope it fails. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

He didn't get paid, half the time...and at 18, they are no longer kids, IMO.....sure they may be naive and do stupid things, but to forgo a chance at a nice education and exploit the system...yes I hope it fails. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

 

It might actually do that.

He didn't get paid, half the time...and at 18, they are no longer kids, IMO.....sure they may be naive and do stupid things, but to forgo a chance at a nice education and exploit the system...yes I hope it fails. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.
I'm not necessarily agreeing with his decision.

 

BUT, if the system is flawed to begin with, shouldn't you go against it? And how nice of an education can you get in one year?

 

Actually, I have no issues with this. If pro basketball is your career in life, then get started the second you can. It hasn't really hurt Jennings at all as he will be a lottery pick and get guaranteed money.

It hasn't worked out well for the guy from last year....I hope that trend continues.

 

That's not fair. 1) The NBA's one-year rule is painfully dumb and I'm at least glad that someone found a way around it. 2) Brandon Jenkins is going to be a lottery pick, so I think it will work out for him in the end.

 

Now, this situation is different because not going to college is WAY different than dropping out of high school. Whoever whispered in his ear that not graduating from high school was the way to go needs to be horsewhipped, IMHO.

That's not fair. 1) The NBA's one-year rule is painfully dumb and I'm at least glad that someone found a way around it. 2) Brandon Jenkins is going to be a lottery pick, so I think it will work out for him in the end.

 

Now, this situation is different because not going to college is WAY different than dropping out of high school. Whoever whispered in his ear that not graduating from high school was the way to go needs to be horsewhipped, IMHO.

 

Brandon Jennings, not Jenkins. I didn't realize he was going to be a lottery pick. I assumed his decision to play over seas would hurt his draft stock more than that.

He didn't get paid, half the time...and at 18, they are no longer kids, IMO.....sure they may be naive and do stupid things, but to forgo a chance at a nice education and exploit the system...yes I hope it fails. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

 

I see where you're coming from, but this kid probably isn't 18 yet.

 

Regardless, it has worked out pretty well for Brandon Jennings. He's gotten the opportunity to refine his game and he's made some money while doing it.

 

Jennings probably wasn't going to qualify anyway. So, he could've gone to a prep school, or go play in Europe.

 

Europe is slow to pay, but I'd imagine he'll get paid. Even if he doesn't, he'll be signing a contract for a couple million in the summer, when he gets drafted in the Top 10 of the NBA draft.

 

How could you possibly say it didn't work out well for him?

It might actually do that.

 

So you want high school kids to start dropping out after their Junior year to go play basketball overseas?

I agree all kids should graduate from high school, but these players who know they are only playing 1 year of college, take cake classes first semester and most don't even go to class the second semester. I just hope that if this young man decides to take this route, maybe a parent or guardian would go to Europe with him.

So you want high school kids to start dropping out after their Junior year to go play basketball overseas?

 

If education is not on the table...if the only goal is basketball, what does it matter?

 

It sounds like he and his father have made an informed decision on this and its what he wants to do and what he thinks is best for him as a player.

 

I don't have a problem with it. And, it wouldn't be an issue if the NBA hadn't tried to force guys into college for a year.

 

Apparently, people don't like the fact that these players have options again.

I don't want to see Tyler or Jennings fail at all. But Jennings has already said he made a mistake and does not like it where he is. Hopefully Tyler will do the same thing and scare other high school kids from doing this, yet still makes it to the NBA.

Man its been a tough week for UL!

So you want high school kids to start dropping out after their Junior year to go play basketball overseas?

 

Where I'm from one or two kids (or so it seems) drop out every year for reasons a lot worse than this. At least he has a plan.

Where I'm from one or two kids (or so it seems) drop out every year for reasons a lot worse than this. At least he has a plan.

 

:thumb:

 

I don't see the big deal. The only reason people are making a fuss is because its a departure from what we expect and what we're used to.

 

The logic seemed good to me. Get paid, while playing against a higher level of competition that will do more to get your game ready for the NBA than another year of high school and one year of college.

 

Personally, I like the move. For one, its a counter against the ridiculous rule that's in place to force players to go to college. I don't think we need to worry about a mass exodus of high schoolers to Europe. That's not a move most would be willing to make, IMO.

Apparently, people don't like the fact that these players have options again.

 

What happens when he gets over there and has a career-ending injury (not likely, but possible)? Then he has no basketball, and not even a high school diploma... I just don't get the point of not graduating from high school.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.