Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyler Going Pro ???

Featured Replies

  • Author
Unfortunately, there are plenty of kids who do not finish high school.

 

If that was truly the reasoning for people being so upset, I'd support. But I'm not that naive.

 

 

Instead, we've got posters who are actually wishing that this kid fails.

 

You all know I'm a huge UofL fan. I wish the kid the best. Sure, it would've been nice to see him in Red, but the truth is that he was 1 1/2 years away from campus. That's wy you can't get too attached to verbal commits.

 

We as fans don't know his situation. Maybe this was the best move for him. He obviously doesn't care about getting an education, and basketball was/is going to be his business of the future, so why not get some experience and make a little cash. The school the kid was going to was in all kinds of trouble last season, he had teammates that were inelgible and coaches getting fired. So who knows what was going on there, maybe this was the "smart" move.

 

Now me personally, I think he will one day look back on it and regret quitting high school. Anyone with any pride would...

  • Replies 94
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
He's not "quitting" high school. He's simply getting his high school diploma in a non-traditional way. Do we hear anyone yelling about the Jonas Brothers?

 

He did quit the high school he was attending. I don't know what is you can call it.

 

He is working toward getting an online high school diploma. From the NY Times:

 

For now, Tyler said he was working out eight to nine hours a day at local gyms and schools and spending two and a half hours a day to get his high school diploma online.

 

I don't know many schools that award you with a high school diploma for 2 1/2 hours of day of school work. So you are correct in saying he is getting a non-traditional diploma.

He did quit the high school he was attending. I don't know what is you can call it.

 

He is working toward getting an online high school diploma. From the NY Times:

 

For now, Tyler said he was working out eight to nine hours a day at local gyms and schools and spending two and a half hours a day to get his high school diploma online.

 

I don't know many schools that award you with a high school diploma for 2 1/2 hours of day of school work. So you are correct in saying he is getting a non-traditional diploma.

 

So if he's getting his diploma, making money, and likely setting himself up for a HUGE payday in two years, what's the problem?

  • Author
So if he's getting his diploma, making money, and likely setting himself up for a HUGE payday in two years, what's the problem?

 

I never once said ther was a problem, other than being a high school drop out...:lol:

I think that if a kid does not go all four years and get his degree he should have to pay back the school for everything. I think NBA should make the players have a four year degree before they can play.

I think that if a kid does not go all four years and get his degree he should have to pay back the school for everything.

 

Pay the school back for what? All of the tuition that he paid?

 

:confused:

I think that if a kid does not go all four years and get his degree he should have to pay back the school for everything. I think NBA should make the players have a four year degree before they can play.

 

Why in the world would you require a degree to play professional basketball?

I hate to see this because I am a fan of college ball. I watched Tyler a couple times this season and he looked to be an absolute stud.

 

Does anyone know anything about his family situation ? Obviously he's doing it for the cash, but maybe his family was in a really bad spot.

One person brought up the Jonas Bros. So it happens with entertainers everyday. (see Disney Channel and Nickleloeon.

I'ts OK for golfers, tennis players, swimmers and such to turn pro before they ever get out of high school.

So the real problem is our selfish beliefs that these kids need to play for our favorite college at least one year and maybe two so that our favorite team can be successful. If he can go over seas, without a high school or college education, make more than most of us that talk about his decision, then.....how can I argue he decision?

 

If we are going to complain about a "basketball" player, lets make sure that we get on the teenagers from other sports that turn pro.

Sonny Vaccarro is the person that I can't stand.

One person brought up the Jonas Bros. So it happens with entertainers everyday. (see Disney Channel and Nickleloeon.

I'ts OK for golfers, tennis players, swimmers and such to turn pro before they ever get out of high school.

So the real problem is our selfish beliefs that these kids need to play for our favorite college at least one year and maybe two so that our favorite team can be successful. If he can go over seas, without a high school or college education, make more than most of us that talk about his decision, then.....how can I argue he decision?

 

If we are going to complain about a "basketball" player, lets make sure that we get on the teenagers from other sports that turn pro.

Solid post.

Jeremy Tyler was cut from his Israeli team

Jeremy Tyler was cut from his Israeli team

 

He can't play college ball since he has been paid to play basketball, correct?

He can't play college ball since he has been paid to play basketball, correct?

 

You have to ask that?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.