Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyler Going Pro ???

Featured Replies

Yes, I do. To make sure.

 

Did you have to ask me that?

 

Yeah, because I don't see how you wouldn't know that. Pro is pro, doesn't matter if it's the NBA or the Armenian league.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, because I don't see how you wouldn't know that. Pro is pro, doesn't matter if it's the NBA or the Armenian league.

 

I apologize that I'm not in tune with the regulations as much as you are.

 

By the way, what is his age now, and if he thinks or decides to enter the NBA Draft, when can he do that?

Tyler will not be eligible for the NBA until the 2011 draft. He could probably play in the D-league before then, which would allow an NBA team to "own" his "rights".

 

It sounds like he's looking to stay in Europe.

I apologize that I'm not in tune with the regulations as much as you are.

 

Man, I didn't mean to be so harsh. I thought that was just common knowledge.

Man, I didn't mean to be so harsh. I thought that was just common knowledge.

 

I knew the "pro" title kind of held you out, but I wasn't exactly sure of his status. I had read an article that said something about him not actually playing there because of maturity issues or something, so I wasn't sure if he was actually on the team.

 

That said, I do understand that receiving payments causes problem for college eligibility, but didn't know how that extended considering he was still basically a high school-aged kid.

I knew the "pro" title kind of held you out, but I wasn't exactly sure of his status. I had read an article that said something about him not actually playing there because of maturity issues or something, so I wasn't sure if he was actually on the team.

 

That said, I do understand that receiving payments causes problem for college eligibility, but didn't know how that extended considering he was still basically a high school-aged kid.

 

Tyler could return and play collegiate sports, but he can no longer play collegiate basketball on any level. If he happened to be a football or baseball star, he could return to that sport and play (as long as he did not make any $ doing so elsewhere.)

Tyler could return and play collegiate sports, but he can no longer play collegiate basketball on any level. If he happened to be a football or baseball star, he could return to that sport and play (as long as he did not make any $ doing so elsewhere.)

 

Good point. You hear of a lot of football and basketball players -- well, not really a lot, but a few -- whose summer job is with a minor league baseball team.

Good point. You hear of a lot of football and basketball players -- well, not really a lot, but a few -- whose summer job is with a minor league baseball team.

 

CJ Henry (Xavier's older brother) played minor league baseball.

 

Drew Henson, former baseball player & Michigan QB.

 

Derek Smith - former Highlands star, went to Kentucky & played football. He left a year early, played professional football for a few years and returned to NKU to finish up his school. While at NKU he played basketball for a season.

 

Those are the 1st 3 that pop into my mind.

NBA Draft? This kid averaged about 2 points again in Israel. He made a terrible mistake to skip basketball in America, IMO. He'll have to prove himself somewhere competitive to ever have a shot at the NBA.

NBA Draft? This kid averaged about 2 points again in Israel. He made a terrible mistake to skip basketball in America, IMO. He'll have to prove himself somewhere competitive to ever have a shot at the NBA.

 

Hope he didn't spend all that $150K (or whatever that lucrative contract he signed was for). What a moron. :ohbrother:

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/3/9/1364137/jeremy-tyler-israel-leaving-haifa

 

It looks like his agent wants him to stay over in Europe (as opposed to the D-league) and thinks that there will be other European opportunities for him.

 

I didn't read the linked article, but if he can't even hold a roster position on an Israeli team, what makes him think that the D-League would even have any interest.

He'll be lucky to sign with Jared Carter at the Vermont Frost Heaves.

  • Author
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5008825

 

Tyler officially quits and is returning to San Diego.

 

Saw that this morning. Man, this kid probably ruined his career. He went from top 5 prospect to quitter. All for a small amount of change.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.