April 23, 200917 yr This guy broke the story about Pitino days earlier on Catspause, but his threads were locked. He know has this to add: I know a lot of you have asked if there was anything new. Well a lot of what I have heard is much of what has been posted on this board. This is what I have had told to me that I believe is solid..... 1. The main 2 things this lady is claiming is that her abortion of Pitinos baby is real and that some people threatened her life to keep quiet. 2. She is claiming an affair between her husband and a member of the UL staff. (rather not mention names) 3. Have heard that she asked for 5 million. 4. Billy D is on UL's radar if Rick does not survive this PR nightmare.
April 23, 200917 yr So now the question I have is this.... Say this is true about the abortion. Sypher goes to Pitino, says gimme $5 mil, or I'll talk. Pitino says no. What does she get out of going public? Just curious as to what everybody thinks.
April 23, 200917 yr So now the question I have is this.... Say this is true about the abortion. Sypher goes to Pitino, says gimme $5 mil, or I'll talk. Pitino says no. What does she get out of going public? Just curious as to what everybody thinks. Some extremely bad PR and a huge hit to Slick Rick's image. Not only did he have an affair with a subordinate's wife, but he also forced her to have an abortion. Not to mention a possibility of an end to Pitino's marriage, although I've heard they were already separated, but have no clue on that.
April 23, 200917 yr Some extremely bad PR and a huge hit to Slick Rick's image. Not only did he have an affair with a subordinate's wife, but he also forced her to have an abortion. Not to mention a possibility of an end to Pitino's marriage, although I've heard they were already separated, but have no clue on that. I understand all that. But what does she actually gain?
April 23, 200917 yr I understand all that. But what does she actually gain? The pleasure of humiliating Pitino??? I don't know, maybe she thought his ego was so big that he'd pay, no questions asked.
April 23, 200917 yr I understand all that. But what does she actually gain? The temporary satisfaction of an angry woman feeling like she's getting her revenge. If there was an affair.... who knows what she was promised or at least imagined. If there was an abortion... that's an emotional experience obviously. Then did he totally reject her afterwards? I can see a Movie of the Week with this deal....
April 23, 200917 yr Author Please... Louisville has a huge number of media outlets, many of which have no direct need to cater to UofL. To assume Jurich is so powerful to command the news is silly. You would be surprised. Just spoke to a media member and he echoed the exact sentiments I expressed earlier. The term "bully" was used. Edited April 23, 200917 yr by letabrotherspeak
April 23, 200917 yr I don't care what Louisville fans think, Jurich has a lot of pull with the media.
April 23, 200917 yr Author http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11661400/rss Gary Parrish chimes in...
April 23, 200917 yr I don't care what Louisville fans think, Jurich has a lot of pull with the media.:thumb: :thumb: Louisville fans who don't admit this are being naive.
April 23, 200917 yr http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11661400/rss Gary Parrish chimes in... While Parrish makes a lot of good points in his column “Regardless of outcome, nobody will win in Pitino mess,” I am not 100% sure that this will be true. I do believe that, though, that this may be why Richard Pitino took a lateral move to be with Billy Donovan at Florida. Donovan will be like an older brother to Richard Pitino. Rick Pitino will wait and see how this mess pans out. Pitino, with the help of Jurich and other U of L supporters, may be able to limit the damage. With all said and done, Pitino may decide that a change of environment might be helpful and take another job. I wish the families, especially the children, involved in this the very best.
April 23, 200917 yr I have read the entire thread, and from the facts that everyone has stated the woman is of questionable morals and scruples, Rick Pitino is a great coach but not a great person at times. As far as UL and firing Pitino, does he have a morals clause in his contract and IF he had an affair does that violate the contract? If it does, then Jurich has tough decision to make.
April 23, 200917 yr I don't care what Louisville fans think, Jurich has a lot of pull with the media. There is a big difference between having pull and commanding every media source in the city. I have a great deal more faith in the integrity of the local media than to assume ALL of them could be strong armed into squashing this story.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.