April 18, 200917 yr Is he taking the number 2 assistant job? I heard Kelsey was offered the #2 and turned it down. I also heard he was offered the #1 at X and turned it down.
April 21, 200917 yr I just heard Rick P. say a couple of weeks ago that he would write Richard out of the family will if he left Louisville. I wonder him leaving has anything to do with Rick's fiasco going on with the extortion charges from the basketball teams equipment managers wife?? Seems a bit fishey to me.
April 21, 200917 yr I just heard Rick P. say a couple of weeks ago that he would write Richard out of the family will if he left Louisville. I wonder him leaving has anything to do with Rick's fiasco going on with the extortion charges from the basketball teams equipment managers wife?? Seems a bit fishey to me. Highly unlikely. Pitino wants little Richard to get a head coaching job some day, and has been prepping him for it for some time. Going to Florida is just going to show that Richard can (or can't) survive without daddy.
April 21, 200917 yr Highly unlikely. Pitino wants little Richard to get a head coaching job some day, and has been prepping him for it for some time. Going to Florida is just going to show that Richard can (or can't) survive without daddy. He'll survive. I have heard a lot of great things about him.
April 21, 200917 yr Wander if that Indianapolis pipe-line Richard built for daddy follows him to Gainesville?
April 21, 200917 yr I just heard Rick P. say a couple of weeks ago that he would write Richard out of the family will if he left Louisville. I wonder him leaving has anything to do with Rick's fiasco going on with the extortion charges from the basketball teams equipment managers wife?? Seems a bit fishey to me. They can play it off however they want, but it is simply too much of a coincidence for his move not to be because of that.
April 21, 200917 yr They can play it off however they want, but it is simply too much of a coincidence for his move not to be because of that. We can speculate all we want, but I don't think any of us know exactly what the situation is.
April 21, 200917 yr We can speculate all we want, but I don't think any of us know exactly what the situation is. Obviously.
April 21, 200917 yr They can play it off however they want, but it is simply too much of a coincidence for his move not to be because of that.I'm sorry but assistant coaches move all the time. Young Pitino has promising future, he was well regarded as a recruiter even when he was at Duquesne(I know I misspelled that). The reality of the situation would be that it would be more peculiar if he had stayed around more than a couple years. Saying it is "too much of a coincidence" is not accurate, it is a "very likely" coincidence that people are twisting to fit there agendas and spice up a story.
April 21, 200917 yr I'm sorry but assistant coaches move all the time. Young Pitino has promising future, he was well regarded as a recruiter even when he was at Duquesne(I know I misspelled that). The reality of the situation would be that it would be more peculiar if he had stayed around more than a couple years. Saying it is "too much of a coincidence" is not accurate, it is a "very likely" coincidence that people are twisting to fit there agendas and spice up a story. I agree. I think being an assistant for someone other than your father would be a good move for young Richard.
April 21, 200917 yr We can speculate all we want, but I don't think any of us know exactly what the situation is. I heard today that this does involve Little Pitino. I wont say what I heard cause its an accusation (a little far fetched) that I have no proof of and would defame his character. The wife threatened to expose Pitino son. let your mind wonder. If it got out it would destroy his young career
April 21, 200917 yr I'm sorry but assistant coaches move all the time. Young Pitino has promising future, he was well regarded as a recruiter even when he was at Duquesne(I know I misspelled that). The reality of the situation would be that it would be more peculiar if he had stayed around more than a couple years. Saying it is "too much of a coincidence" is not accurate, it is a "very likely" coincidence that people are twisting to fit there agendas and spice up a story. My agenda? Please. Look, I am just looking at the facts as they have unfolded. 1) Rick, about a month brings out this extortion case behind closed doors. 2) Richard gets a gig in Florida. 3) Couple days later, a potentially damaging story about Rick surfaces. Excuse me for thinking this situation is a bit coincidental. Whether one affected the other, we will never know, but to say it is not a coincidence is being naive.
April 21, 200917 yr My agenda? To add spice to the story. Richard Pitino was never intended to stay at Louisville very long, he was brought in because Kevin Willard, a very key cog in the UL coaching staff, left unexpectedly and Pitino felt he didn't want to break in a new coach at the time when he thought he had a serious chance at making a run. He didn't feel he would need to "break in" Richard as he knew exactly how daddy Pitino ran his program. 1) Rick, about a month brings out this extortion case behind closed doors. 2) Richard gets a gig in Florida. 3) Couple days later, a potentially damaging story about Rick surfaces. The job hiring happened at the appropriate time for making a coaching move in basketball. The timing makes sense from a basketball perspective. Attempting to make a strong connection between the two is silly.
April 21, 200917 yr The job hiring happened at the appropriate time for making a coaching move in basketball. The timing makes sense from a basketball perspective. Attempting to make a strong connection between the two is silly. Nobody had heard of Richard possibly moving on to a different job until this all surfaced. I'm with bugatti, the dots aren't hard to connect on this one. Maybe we're wrong, but I don't think it is a coincidence.
April 22, 200917 yr Nobody had heard of Richard possibly moving on to a different job until this all surfaced. I'm with bugatti, the dots aren't hard to connect on this one. Maybe we're wrong, but I don't think it is a coincidence. Actually he was rumored to take the Boston U job, and didn't get it. Him not having much experience, and hardly any way from pops, was a big reason why. Getting some more experience, under another top notch coach can't hurt the resume.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.