April 22, 200917 yr Nobody had heard of Richard possibly moving on to a different job until this all surfaced. I'm with bugatti, the dots aren't hard to connect on this one. Maybe we're wrong, but I don't think it is a coincidence.You can connect any dots you wish but my point is that, Richard Pitino leaving, was expected and highly probable. Whatever happened as far as the extortion is concerned was very random and unpredictable. The existence on the extortion case (which is random) does not make the the existence of the coaching change (which is predictable and highly likely) equally unlikely. Perhaps the two are connected, however, the degree of coincidence is reasonably high and not, as was stated, unlikely.
April 22, 200917 yr Again, we will never know the true answer. Hopefully just irony at its finest. Whether he wanted to get out of his father shadow, move on to better things, or avoid this extortion situation (I think it is safe to say Rick disclosed this to Richard at some point), it looks a bit odd in the wake of an FBI investigation, that is all I am saying. I am not sure how you could see it otherwise.
April 22, 200917 yr Richard will get the tutelage away from his father that will get him ready to be a Head Coach.
April 22, 200917 yr Richard will get the tutelage away from his father that will get him ready to be a Head Coach. And recently, Donovan has done his assistants well with future head coaching positions. Grant - VCU, Alabama Jones - Marshall Shanka - VCU
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.