Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jon Hood Only 95% Sure About UK?

Featured Replies

I was reading an article on Kentucky.com. In it, Jon Hood states that he's only 95% sure about going to Kentucky. I wonder what he means by that?

 

UK's homegrown signee, Jon Hood, has lobbied other prospects about joining him at UK. Meanwhile, he quietly harbors a tiny bit of doubt about whether he made the right choice in signing with the Cats.

 

"I'm about 95 percent sure about Kentucky," he said before beginning practice for the Derby Festival Basketball Classic. "I'd be surprised if I don't play for Kentucky."

 

Hood declined to elaborate on what constitutes the five percent doubt.

 

 

http://www.kentucky.com/978/story/756606.html

Well I would say if Calipari brings in Henry, Wall, Nolan......Hood might feel like he won't see the floor. Nothing is 100%, things change everyday. I think the sun will rise tomorrow but I won't say it's 100%, you never know. I do hope Hood comes to UK and has a great career, people will be rooting for him more because he is from Kentucky.

I remember hearing last year from several posters on here that Miller would not be a factor at UK. He would be a 'role player at best' and rarely see the floor. As a frosh, he impressed his coach, improved, gained confidence, and became a pretty solid player for the Cats. Now his new coach already seems impressed with what he is seeing from him. I think he has shown he will be much more than a 'role player' at UK.

 

I hope that Hood comes and does the same. It would be GREAT to have 2 straight Mr Basketball's become a Cat and have a solid career on the floor for Big Blue!!!

It means that he committed to Kentucky when Billy Gillispie was there. He wanted to play at the school, but he's an 18 year old kid who is having doubts about where he wants to spend the next 4 years of his life. I'm sure he wouldn't mind going somewhere warm or somewhere on the beach. The coach he thought he was going to play for left, so he's thinking, hey, maybe I should go somewhere else. But the coach at Kentucky is as good as they get, and once the coach gets to talk to him a few times he'll be 97%.

 

What 17 - 18 year olds are 100% sure about anything?

You just don't know how a kid will pan out until he gets there. Maybe he has a concern about how much playing time he will get and the number and quality of player he will be competing against. College ball is is a different world. We will have kids on our all state team this year that will have a hard time getting a basketball scholarship to play anywhere. People just don't understand the number of quality ball players out there.

Edited by d-dawg

Hood can be a very solid bench player for Kentucky, I would hate to see him go elsewhere seeing he is a Kentucky boy.

Can he play PG?

Can he play PG?

 

NO.

Hood can be a very solid bench player for Kentucky, I would hate to see him go elsewhere seeing he is a Kentucky boy.

 

He can be much more than a bench player before he's done.

He can be much more than a bench player before he's done.

 

I totally agree with you here. :thumb:

I suspect the remaining 5 percent has to do with Calipari and any incoming recruits.

Think I read somewhere that he shot 29% from 3 his senior year, if that's the case and that's all he has to offer, he is not the best of the best that UK can get so he may need to look elsewhere, maybe WKU. I don't hear a lot of schools beating down his door now or before he committed. Florida may have inquired, but all that is a lot of hearsay.

Think I read somewhere that he shot 29% from 3 his senior year, if that's the case and that's all he has to offer, he is not the best of the best that UK can get so he may need to look elsewhere, maybe WKU. I don't hear a lot of schools beating down his door now or before he committed. Florida may have inquired, but all that is a lot of hearsay.
Yeah, usually he had two or three defenders draped all over him. Hood had no help on Madisonville's team this year.

 

I feel that Hood is comparable to Darius Miller in this sense ... they will both be contributors, but not stars, at UK.

If Xavier Henry commits to UK I cant blame Hood for looking elsewhere. If Henry doesnt come, Hood is immediately an impact player, off the bench or not!

Well I would say if Calipari brings in Henry, Wall, Nolan......Hood might feel like he won't see the floor. Nothing is 100%, things change everyday. I think the sun will rise tomorrow but I won't say it's 100%, you never know. I do hope Hood comes to UK and has a great career, people will be rooting for him more because he is from Kentucky.

IMO there is no chance Henry comes to Kentucky.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.