Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When did players stop getting tall and start getting long?

Featured Replies

Not sure exactly what you mean, but "long" is often a term used to describe a tall player who also has long arms.

I can remember growing up that sometimes a tall player would be called, "long in the tooth." What it meant I still don't know.

Just curious.

About the same time players became "sick". I don't why the players are experiencing so many medical problems, but I have heard repeatedly, that players are "sick".

 

I hope they all get well.

I can remember growing up that sometimes a tall player would be called, "long in the tooth." What it meant I still don't know.

 

"Long in the tooth" is a euphemism for "old."

About the same time players became "sick". I don't why the players are experiencing so many medical problems, but I have heard repeatedly, that players are "sick".

 

I hope they all get well.

 

Exactly. The same time players used "the bounce" and didn't dribble. The same time players "dished" and didn't pass. The same time players started "scoring the basketball" and didn't just score or shoot well. Basically, when the number of TV commentators increased 10 fold.

Some of them have good handles.

Long and tall are two different things in my opinion. Long usually refers to lanky athletes which can be guards or whoever. This is a word you hear about to describe guys on the defensive end a lot. Long arms, long reach... that's the way I think of it at least.

Some of them have good handles.

Others have strong motors!

Not sure exactly what you mean, but "long" is often a term used to describe a tall player who also has long arms.

 

Not just a tall player...as NKYSPORTS said- any player who has long reach. Tony Delk was barely over 6 ft. but he rebounded with the big guys cause' his reach made him comparable to a guy 4 or 5 inches taller.

I keep hearing about some player called Bud Wiser who has hops.:sssh:

Some of them have good handles.

 

Others have "mad" handles. What makes their handles so angry, I wonder?

I guess some players are "sick" because they have "hops", I don't know this is something like mumps or what, but I hope they get over the "hops" soon.

"Long in the tooth" is a euphemism for "old."

 

Are you telling NWO that he is old? Just cause he's a grandpa ......

 

:D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.