April 7, 200917 yr I love the fact that Hansbrough is now gone......along with Danny Green, and hopefully Ellington and Lawson as well. On this, .... UK and Duke fans can agree!! But I have to admit, if Tyler H had come to UK, and was graduating from there this season, ... UK fans would be in mourning. He was a GREAT representative for college basketball for 4 years.
April 7, 200917 yr I agree whole-heartedly. Being a Florida Gator football fan, I equate Tyler Hansbrough to Tim Tebow, a quality kid that stays for four years, sets all kinds of records and wins a national title. You forgot the part about why both stay all four years: Their game doesn't translate well to the pros. In Hansbrough's case, there's not many spots in the NBA for 6-7 power forwards.
April 7, 200917 yr You forgot the part about why both stay all four years: Their game doesn't translate well to the pros. In Hansbrough's case, there's not many spots in the NBA for 6-7 power forwards. Charles Barkley was a 6' 4" PF...Hansbrough is no Sir Charles though.
April 7, 200917 yr I love the fact that Hansbrough is now gone......along with Danny Green, and hopefully Ellington and Lawson as well. You and many, many others...:lol:
April 7, 200917 yr North Carolina dominated this tournament from start to finish. They won every game by double digits. Hansbrough deserved to be a champion what a way to end a brilliant career. Defense carried the Heels to the title. Ole Roy did another tremendous job. Roy and his staff have been in five of the last 8 final fours. Roy is only one of 13 coaches to ever win multiple titles. Congratulations to Roy and his boys! NORTH CAROLINA TARHEELS 2009 NCAA CHAMPIONS!!!
April 7, 200917 yr Like GT has pointed out lately, UNC stepped their D up when they were lacking in the department and that's the real reason they won the title. This group could always score with anyone. They locked it down on D without Ginyard, which I said all season would be the key to them winning a title. Congrats man. Enjoy...
April 7, 200917 yr :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa I'm ecstatic!!! I'm extremely happy for Hansbrough and I'm just happy we had Lawson during this tournament because without him, I'm pretty sure UNC wouldn't have even made it to this game so big props to him. It's hard to narrow it down to a certain player or 2 though because the entire starting 5 played a big role in all the wins. Like GT has pointed out lately, UNC stepped their D up when they were lacking in the department and that's the real reason they won the title...This is just awesome! :dancingpa Right on man!!!! This has been a great year!!!
April 7, 200917 yr Love or Hate Hansbrough, you gotta respect him right??? I think I was one of the only UK fans wanting UNC to win... Ironic eh? But anyways, I loved watching Hansbrough in this game. My favorite part was when he went to the bench at the end and just bear hugged Roy. You can tell that was a moment that he'd always wanted. Great for him! :thumb:
April 7, 200917 yr UNC is great, but this is the worst final game and worst tournament I can ever remember. No doubt. This tournament absolutely sucked.
April 7, 200917 yr Love or Hate Hansbrough, you gotta respect him right??? Yes...and now be gone with him.
April 7, 200917 yr Love or Hate Hansbrough, you gotta respect him right??? Hansbrough was a little over dramatic for me and many others. With that said, I think you will find very few people that do not respect the kid or his game.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.