Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fab Five II

Featured Replies

Speaking of the Fab 5 I wonder what ever happened to guys like King + Jackson? Makes me think about the youth days of the black socks style coming in lol.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of the Fab 5 I wonder what ever happened to guys like King + Jackson? Makes me think about the youth days of the black socks style coming in lol.

 

I think Ray Jackson was the only one that didn't make the NBA. He did have some nice seasons in the CBA though, if I remember correctly.

I think Ray Jackson was the only one that didn't make the NBA. He did have some nice seasons in the CBA though, if I remember correctly.
I don't think UK lands the class people are alluding to. But remove Hood and who from the other four doesn't make the league?

To even begin the comparison you have to have all 5 locked down. The orginal Fab 5 was locked down before the Mickey D's game which created the hype. The fact that by the end of their freshman season they were all starting AND they made the National Championship game only increases to their legendary status.

There was a little "shady" activity with that class too if I remember right.

 

 

Webber got caught. A whole lot of schools are just fortunate that they didn't get caught.

To even begin the comparison you have to have all 5 locked down. The orginal Fab 5 was locked down before the Mickey D's game which created the hype. The fact that by the end of their freshman season they were all starting AND they made the National Championship game only increases to their legendary status.

 

Why? These sorts of comments kill me on a message board like this.

Not even close to the Fab 5, IMO

 

Could Lance Stevenson out of NYC look at the Cats? Throw him in and we would be much closer to having Fab 5 potential (and, yes, I realize adding him actually makes six but this is all extreme speculation anyway and a lot of fun to think about for UK fans!).

 

No thanks on Lance.

Another rendition?

 

Wall

Henry

Cousins

Orton

Hood

 

??

 

I know this isn't probable, but since everyone else is jumping to conclusions...:)

 

How would this (I know it is unlikely) compare to the Michigan bunch?

3 of the 5 are one and done. Orton and Hood will be the only 2 around for 2010. To be comparable to the Fab 5, a championship will have to be won.:ylsuper:

Did the Fab 5 at Michigan actually ever win the title?

Why? These sorts of comments kill me on a message board like this.

 

Because these message boards aren't just for speculation. People can speculate all day long. Now, if all 5 of these players were indeed coming to UK, then the conversation begins. Until then, it's all speculation. If that's the case, I'll do you one better.

 

Henry

Wall

Cousins

Dennis

Orton

 

I think dealing with facts is a lot more fun than playing "what if". Granted it's my own fault for taking the bait and opening and reading the thread, but the same way people can play "what if" I can say there is no point in playing "what if".

Did the Fab 5 at Michigan actually ever win the title?

 

No they played for it twice.

 

They lost the first time to Duke.(1992):dancingpa

 

They lost the second time to UNC in the Webber Timeout Game.(1993)

Why? These sorts of comments kill me on a message board like this.

 

I thought I explained it fairly well why in my original post.

 

The orginal Fab 5 was locked down before the Mickey D's game which created the hype. The fact that by the end of their freshman season they were all starting AND they made the National Championship game only increases to their legendary status.

We won't do any better than this class but the Michigan Fab Five is a once in a lifetime deal.

 

Personally Wireman I feel they were "over hyped." Just my opinion.

 

Their freshmen year was a great run from out of nowhere but when they ran into a veteran team in Duke they were totally outclassed in the 2nd half.

 

Their 2nd year they were a #1 seed but they did not win the Big 10. They lost to IU with Calbert Chaney and Alan Henderson. Their run to the title game was a very lucky one with a miracle comeback on UCLA in the Sweet 16 and they still had to have everything align right vs. UK to beat the Cats in the Final Four. (Dale Brown's injury, Mashburn fouling out) They were fortunate to be close in the final against a good but not great UNC team.

 

Their 3rd year (minus Webber) still revealed no Conference crown and Final 8 loss.

 

The big 3 in this class carried them and King and Jackson were good support but never made it in the NBA. So in essence they were a 3 man crew, not a Fab 5 and quite frankly I'd take a lot of classes for what they accomplished over that group.

 

Just my take.

I think Ray Jackson was the only one that didn't make the NBA. He did have some nice seasons in the CBA though, if I remember correctly.

 

Jimmy King played 62 games in his rookie year and was traded the next and then waived. Dirk Minnifield had a longer career in the league. :D

Not even close to the Fab 5, IMO

 

Could Lance Stevenson out of NYC look at the Cats? Throw him in and we would be much closer to having Fab 5 potential (and, yes, I realize adding him actually makes six but this is all extreme speculation anyway and a lot of fun to think about for UK fans!).

 

Trust me you want to pass on Lance, he's a headcase. He will probaly go to Europe. He thinks he is a lot better than what he is..:walk:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.