Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What BGP member has the most Basketball Knowledge?

Featured Replies

I'm not too sure if you're being sarcastic, but I don't plan on telling anyone anything that they should be able to figure out themselves.

 

Not being sarcastic...just a little joke.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the question who has the most OVERALL basketball acumen, or who has the most info on a given team or region?

I think Scott County was an above average team, but they were obviously not on the same level as Holmes, heck they were not the best team in their region. Scott had many pieces of the puzzle, but Holmes was the entire team. Pittman is a man among boys, he can shoot from outside, handle the ball, and can drive to the rack and finish better then anyone in the state. And Scott County had no one that could match up with him. Even if they did, you still have the Johnson brothers, who are likely better then anyone on Scott County's team. Jackson could have match up with one of them, but the other one would run wild. I think R. Johnson is much better then Jackson, and would have proven it in a rematch. If Euton was matched up on Pittman, Pittman would have ate him alive. Euton is to slow, and not athletic enough to guard Pittman, simple truth.

 

I thought Scott Co. was a much better team from basically the middle of January on then they were early in the year. They really started clicking and handled everyone they faced with ease until Phares went down. Jackson and Euton (although he is criticised constantly) improved a lot over the course of the season. Guyn had a great season and always had big games against the really good teams. And Phares couldn't have played any less or worse in a rematch. Also Isaiah Ivey was hurt during the 1st game and didn't play. He was 6th man late in the year and started when Phares went down.

 

That being said Holmes had an excellent team and I don't want to take anything from them. They won a state title because they worked hard and deserved to. I thought Rice really improved a lot over the course of the season. I don't know who would have won, but I don't see ow you say Holmes would handle Scott Co. either.

I don't think that I had to say it, I think that if I had set back and not been accountable for what I did, I would have seemed like I was waiting for someone else to say it. I am just giving the facts, there are some great basketball minds on BGP, and I have given quit abit of truthful information. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't have to prove anything to anyone.

 

Well, mostly I was just making fun, but truthfully, you have to ask yourself how it comes off to someone that you started this thread and added yourself to your list. The "not to toot my own horn" comment is rather hollow when it seems clear that is exactly what you wanted to do.

 

I agree that you have proven yourself very knowledgeable, especially as it pertains to Holmes. I wouldn't try to match wits with you about basketball in your area, as I trust you wouldn't in mine.

Well, mostly I was just making fun, but truthfully, you have to ask yourself how it comes off to someone that you started this thread and added yourself to your list. The "not to toot my own horn" comment is rather hollow when it seems clear that is exactly what you wanted to do.

 

I agree that you have proven yourself very knowledgeable, especially as it pertains to Holmes. I wouldn't try to match wits with you about basketball in your area, as I trust you wouldn't in mine.

 

 

:thumb: Very good post!

 

For what its worth when it comes to getting us information I'd put you #1 Dragonfire!

I thought Scott Co. was a much better team from basically the middle of January on then they were early in the year. They really started clicking and handled everyone they faced with ease until Phares went down. Jackson and Euton (although he is criticised constantly) improved a lot over the course of the season. Guyn had a great season and always had big games against the really good teams. And Phares couldn't have played any less or worse in a rematch. Also Isaiah Ivey was hurt during the 1st game and didn't play. He was 6th man late in the year and started when Phares went down.

 

That being said Holmes had an excellent team and I don't want to take anything from them. They won a state title because they worked hard and deserved to. I thought Rice really improved a lot over the course of the season. I don't know who would have won, but I don't see ow you say Holmes would handle Scott Co. either.

 

 

I see how you say that, Holmes would have won.

:thumb: Very good post!

 

For what its worth when it comes to getting us information I'd put you #1 Dragonfire!

 

That might be the first post I've seen from "dragonfire"

That might be the first post I've seen from "dragonfire"

You pay a lot of attention then.

:thumb: Very good post!

 

For what its worth when it comes to getting us information I'd put you #1 Dragonfire!

I appreciate it, that's the area I do try to contribute in, my research.

I thought with basketball season being over, it would be fun to rehash all the information that was given throughout the season, and who gave it. Who is the BGP member with the most basketball knowledge?

 

Names that come to mind:

kywldcat01

 

Eta Rho

 

This is beautiful.

 

I nominate this thread for the BGP HOF.

This is beautiful.

 

I nominate this thread for the BGP HOF.

I second that nomination! :thumb: I thought this was a lark until some folks started getting defensive. BGP is full of knowledgeable people, that's why it's enjoyable to read.

I would like to add Mustang to the list. I really enjoy readind his post about the 10th and hearing his broadcast.

I think Scott County was an above average team, but they were obviously not on the same level as Holmes, heck they were not the best team in their region. Scott had many pieces of the puzzle, but Holmes was the entire team. Pittman is a man among boys, he can shoot from outside, handle the ball, and can drive to the rack and finish better then anyone in the state. And Scott County had no one that could match up with him. Even if they did, you still have the Johnson brothers, who are likely better then anyone on Scott County's team. Jackson could have match up with one of them, but the other one would run wild. I think R. Johnson is much better then Jackson, and would have proven it in a rematch. If Euton was matched up on Pittman, Pittman would have ate him alive. Euton is to slow, and not athletic enough to guard Pittman, simple truth.

 

Pittman is a special player but he has never impressed me with his ability to dribble drive.

Is the question who has the most OVERALL basketball acumen, or who has the most info on a given team or region?

 

I nominate mcpapa for use of the word "acumen!" :thumb:

 

In all seriousness, I am surprised no one has mentioned you, good sir. I'll also throw a bone to Mustang and, to please all the homers out there, Pressrow!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.