Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Questions about CAL being shady

Featured Replies

I keep hearing opposing fans saying he is shady... going to get UK put on probation etc. I honestly don't know... what has he done that is against the rules that makes him such a risky hire?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He brings in NBA talent like its candy... get used to hearing it. Memphis offered him more than UK to keep him, Zona wanted him. People will envy the talent he brings in. UK checked him out as MB said... and he passed the background check. You can't predict the future. But you could say this about any top notch coach if you wanted, look at Calhoun for example.

 

No college program likes this move. One of the best products out there has a top notch salesman. All of college bball took a hit.

I keep hearing opposing fans saying he is shady... going to get UK put on probation etc. I honestly don't know... what has he done that is against the rules that makes him such a risky hire?

 

The same comments were made about Pitino when he came from the Knicks by some in the mainstream media. I am pretty sure that he didn't have any issues. Howard Cosell for one absolutely blasted UK over the Pitino hire and actually stated "they will be back in trouble again very soon". Glad he was wrong.

 

Calipari's reputation for being impressive to the parents of high school players, his pro experience (while not a good experience, kids like to hear that he has been in the NBA and seen what it takes), his success at the college level getting 2 schools NOT considered major basketball schools to the final 4, and his offense being so geared to developing kids for the NBA, makes him a magnet for top flight talent. I have always said that I am a little leary, ... but the more I hear, the less concerned I am.

NCAA said they have no problem with Calipari. Maybe people are just jealous because he recruits so well?

I keep hearing opposing fans saying he is shady... going to get UK put on probation etc. I honestly don't know... what has he done that is against the rules that makes him such a risky hire?

 

 

Everyone who makes these claims, would sure like him to be their Coach.

 

Jealousy is an emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values.

NCAA said they have no problem with Calipari. Maybe people are just jealous because he recruits so well?

 

No. Just that it all seems too good to be on the level.

No. Just that it all seems too good to be on the level.

 

Former NBA coach with an NBA style offense.... it just makes sense. The premier high school players go to college for one reason, to get to the NBA.

Like coach Cal said today in his presser, it's all about contacts and he said he has built alot of them. Perhaps Tubby and BCG and.............. should go to coach Cal's school of schmoozing.........................MB said he could flat out coach, he can also flat out recruit! The BB nation is going to be so envious.

Former NBA coach with an NBA style offense.... it just makes sense. The premier high school players go to college for one reason, to get to the NBA.

 

It makes sense if there's not a man highly connected to Nike helping steer players there. The WWW variable is what keeps me wondering when the other shoe's gonna drop.

It makes sense if there's not a man highly connected to Nike helping steer players there. The WWW variable is what keeps me wondering when the other shoe's gonna drop.

 

I've heard that stuff too. But I mean... honestly, with how proven Cal is and his system... I don't think he needs help selling himself.

  • Author

I try to put myself in the kids shoes. Would you want to play for a coach that just broke the record for most wins over 4 seasons? Would you want to play for a guy that is notorious to build top flight programs? Would you want to play in a system that is fun and highlights your talent? Would you want to play for a guy that loves his players? Would you want to play for a guy as charismatic as Cal? Would you want to play for arguably the most storied program in basketball history... I say yes to all of the above! That is why I am so estatic over the hire and while I smile everytime one of my UofL friends sends me an email about the shady hire. I keep hearing he is such a dangerous coach but I feel like I smell fear more than anything. I have had a lot of friends play and coach college ball. The best get there for a reason and at that point kids want to play for a winner.

I've heard that stuff too. But I mean... honestly, with how proven Cal is and his system... I don't think he needs help selling himself.

 

DaJuan Wagner, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans and others might disagree.

Calipari get's NBA talent because he's been through the ringer. Some other coaches do the same, but Calipari is probably the best at it. He may not bring in alot of 4 year players, but he'll bring in impact players NBA caliber guys like it's his job..... Oh wait it is. People are jealous.

An Indiana fan had the nerve to say something to me about him being a risky hire because of his shady past lol...Please...let me repeat that. And Indiana fan lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.