Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Questions about CAL being shady

Featured Replies

Do a Google search for "Pitino Violations". Some interesting reads. He has had some allegations thrown at him too. Just like Coach Cal, nothing has ever been proven. Seems to me they both play by the rules.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do a Google search for "Pitino Violations". Some interesting reads. He has had some allegations thrown at him too. Just like Coach Cal, nothing has ever been proven. Seems to me they both play by the rules.

 

Or, Pitino and Calipari are simply smooth enough to get away with it. Just so we're clear, I'm no Pitino fan. I'm a UofL fan, and I held my nose and took it when he came on board. I've actually always liked Calipari much better than Pitino, although his coaching at Memphis St. made it hard.

Or, Pitino and Calipari are simply smooth enough to get away with it. Just so we're clear, I'm no Pitino fan. I'm a UofL fan, and I held my nose and took it when he came on board. I've actually always liked Calipari much better than Pitino, although his coaching at Memphis St. made it hard.

 

Fair enough. :thumb:

  • Author
Actually, there are some UK fans on this board that have been claiming Calipari was shady, slimy or sleazy (take your pick on which adjective fits best) for a while. Some of them, I suspect, have changed their tune now that he's their guy.

 

Personally I look at him as a Pitino clone. His nickname was "little Ricky" when he was at UMass! They are both charasmatic, both coach a NBA type system, both have coached in the NBA etc. If I was a top player in the country those are guys I would want to play for!

He's shady in he's had players take money in the past, his players have been arrested on several occasions, and he managed to tick John Chaney off in ways no one else ever imagined possible.

He's shady in he's had players take money in the past, his players have been arrested on several occasions, and he managed to tick John Chaney off in ways no one else ever imagined possible.
I figure the last item elevates Calipari in a lot of people's eyes ... :lol:
  • Author
He's shady in he's had players take money in the past, his players have been arrested on several occasions, and he managed to tick John Chaney off in ways no one else ever imagined possible.

 

I am going to go on a limb and say that if you made a list of college coaches that have been in it at the big programs as long as he has been then:

1. Most have had players take money (getting caught or not is a different story).

2. Most have had kids arrested.

3. He is in a league of his own there :lol:

You guys are hilarious.

 

Every football season when USC or some similar foe is discussed, the SEC homers go to town about cheating, recruiting violations, etc., and nothing is ever substantiated.

 

Calipari has been here two days and when old recruiting allegations are mentioned, he is defended to the hilt and opponents are even accused of "smelling fear" and other rubbish.

 

Hilarious.

Or, Pitino and Calipari are simply smooth enough to get away with it. Just so we're clear, I'm no Pitino fan. I'm a UofL fan, and I held my nose and took it when he came on board. I've actually always liked Calipari much better than Pitino, although his coaching at Memphis St. made it hard.
What were the main issues with Pitino? Who would your #1 choice be? And I'm just asking because I value your opinion.
What were the main issues with Pitino? Who would your #1 choice be? And I'm just asking because I value your opinion.

 

If the UofL job came open, I would hope Jurich made a successful pitch for Tom Izzo.

I keep hearing opposing fans saying he is shady... going to get UK put on probation etc. I honestly don't know... what has he done that is against the rules that makes him such a risky hire?

 

I think that some people think this just because most of his Memphis players look like they just got out of prison! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think that some people think this just because most of his Memphis players look like they just got out of prison! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

I know a Louisville fan is not going to talk about another teams players looking like they just got out of jail. :lol: :D

I know a Louisville fan is not going to talk about another teams players looking like they just got out of jail. :lol: :D

 

I was thinking the same thing. They look like a commercial for Tatoo Charlie's. :lol:

I know a Louisville fan is not going to talk about another teams players looking like they just got out of jail. :lol: :D

 

Relax it was meant to be funny. :rolleyes::rolleyes: While I have the opinion that Memphis teams more than most come across this way. I know that you could look at almost any school and say this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.