April 1, 200917 yr He said he's looking forward to getting after it and being under him. IMO, he's coming back I heard and interview with his dad today, and his dad sounded like he was coming back to me.
April 1, 200917 yr Meeks would most likely be a mid 2nd rounder at best right now. He should test the waters to get ready for next year and return to UK IMO... I think all juniors or upperclassmen should test the waters but not hire an agent. It is beneficial and lets the kids know exactly where they stand. Most mock draft sites I have been checking over the last few days don't have him getting drafted at all, him or Calathes for that matter. I have seen PP as high as 13 and as low as 29.
April 2, 200917 yr I'm in no way shape or form a UK fan, but does anyone other than me think that Meeks could hurt his draft stock by staying? I mean I dont think he will be drafted that high anyways but look at all the talent that could be coming in to UK. He wont get much spotlight. Just wondering what you guys think about this.
April 2, 200917 yr I'm in no way shape or form a UK fan, but does anyone other than me think that Meeks could hurt his draft stock by staying? I mean I dont think he will be drafted that high anyways but look at all the talent that could be coming in to UK. He wont get much spotlight. Just wondering what you guys think about this. If UK makes a deep run, and Meeks is still scoring around 18+ while showing that he can handle the ball better and improve his passing, he'll improve his stock. Right now he is a good defensive player, and a good scorer. Next year he won't have to force as many shots, and people will see that he is also a good shooter.
April 2, 200917 yr If UK makes a deep run, and Meeks is still scoring around 18+ while showing that he can handle the ball better and improve his passing, he'll improve his stock. Right now he is a good defensive player, and a good scorer. Next year he won't have to force as many shots, and people will see that he is also a good shooter. Work on his ball handling and passing skills and it won't matter if he only scores 15 a game he will be a higher pick.
April 2, 200917 yr Work on his ball handling and passing skills and it won't matter if he only scores 15 a game he will be a higher pick. :thumb:
April 2, 200917 yr I think all juniors or upperclassmen should test the waters but not hire an agent. It is beneficial and lets the kids know exactly where they stand. I agree. Keith Bogans was a whole different animal after going to a few draft camps. On a side note and pertaining to the subject of Meeks and Patterson I feel they will both be back being they dont want to be known as the good guys on one of the worst Kentucky teams. They know the chances to do something are very high next year thanks to the spark Calipari has brought to the program. Furthermore, I feel the one year in college rule has probably helped Patrick Patterson out the most of anyone. If the rule wasn't implemented I sure he would have been influenced by high school teammate OJ Mayo to go straight to the NBA. However, after a couple of seasons it is clear Patterson is still not entirely ready for the NBA and if he would have left early then by now he would be floating around as a 12th man on a roster and perhaps the D-League. Patterson definately needs to come back and get one more year to add even more tweaks to his game. Being around other talent down low is going to take the pressure off of him considerably, whether it is just Orton or especially if it were to be Orton and Cousins. I'll stay reserved on Pilgrim being that athough he may be raw in a pick up environment, hes going to have to show me something when it comes down to it.
April 2, 200917 yr I'm in no way shape or form a UK fan, but does anyone other than me think that Meeks could hurt his draft stock by staying? I mean I dont think he will be drafted that high anyways but look at all the talent that could be coming in to UK. He wont get much spotlight. Just wondering what you guys think about this. Think about UK raising their offensive output about 20+ per game. Those points have to go somewhere and with the way meeks hustles, cuts and shoots, he will get some of those--even with sharing.
April 2, 200917 yr I will really be suprised if Meeks and Patterson aren't back. They are going to play in a NBA style system where you can show your skills. They will develope and now have a coach that has been in the NBA. If the recruits come then they have a chance to go from one of the tougher seasons in UK history to being etched in history. They won't be on Pelphrey, Farmer etc plateau but they will have a chance to experience everything they had hoped for IMO. They can be the nucleus of the group that got UK back on the map. It's a win/win for them IMO.
April 2, 200917 yr I'd be shocked if there not back as well. I thought the whole idea (Meeks) is if your a lock for the first round go, but he's certainly not. Poor kid has had to endure 3 coaches but obviously he can shoot. I really think one year with Cal could push him into the first round. I wouldn't think he's concerned about Henry or Wall cutting into his senior campaign, hope not.
April 2, 200917 yr Meeks would most likely be a mid 2nd rounder at best right now. He should test the waters to get ready for next year and return to UK IMO... :thumb: And that's exactly what I hope Cal tells him. There is absolutely no reason why Meeks should not declare for the NBA draft & attend the workouts without an agent. That is, unless he cannot afford to do so financially.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.