Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Father of No. 1 recruit, Xavier Henry, says he will decommit from Memphis

Featured Replies

If he doesn't qualify he will be in Europe. There are some behind the scenes things going on at St Johns right now and that played a part in Kansas moving to the front....

 

Thanks for the info GT:thumb:

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Memphis is really going to release these kids......could get ugly.

I wonder if Memphis is really going to release these kids......could get ugly.

 

They don't have a choice. Their contracts included an option to leave if the coach left.

They don't have a choice. Their contracts included an option to leave if the coach left.

 

No they didn't.....I ate dinner with U of L's associate athletic director tonight, and I asked him that very question, he said "options" don't exist.

No they didn't.....I ate dinner with U of L's associate athletic director tonight, and I asked him that very question, he said "options" don't exist.

 

Henry has already been released.

I haven't seen anything concrete on that yet...I guess we'll see.

No they didn't.....I ate dinner with U of L's associate athletic director tonight, and I asked him that very question, he said "options" don't exist.

 

They don't exist in LOIs.

 

However, from my understanding, the players had a separate contract with the university that stated they would be released (if they wanted to) from their LOIs if Cal took another job.

 

Not in the LOIs exactly.

I haven't seen anything concrete on that yet...I guess we'll see.

 

 

His dad making the statement to the press is pretty concrete, IMO.

 

“That was the reason he went there — the style of play, Coach Cal,” the elder Henry said. “I haven’t talked with (Xavier) since Coach Cal signed at UK, but I know Xavier won’t be at Memphis. Once I talk to him Thursday when he gets back from Florida, we’ll get an idea of where he’ll end up.”

 

That's pretty clear.

You don't want him in your program. Trust me on that one...

 

Totally agree, after watching the game last night and seeing his attitude and swagger; no way will he make it anywhere let along Kentucky. If he stayed the course with his personality and attitude he won't even graduate because he needs all the attention, and won't be able to adjust when it's not all about him. I have seen a lot of his kind and All-American or not when you go to a D-1 school and never develop mentally or can't stop blaming others; you get passed up quick and your All-American status is all you got to say when you’re playing street ball. I hope this kid the best but just can see what would happen if no change. He made a lot of horrible individual plays last night and in one instance the first thing he did was turn and blames someone that wasn't even around. I really shouldn't say this about this young man because I have no idea of his personal struggles or reasons, etc. Calipari makes the big bucks to make the decision like these and I think that he is special because instead of hiring an athlete to win games just like this case, he is looking at the person to fit a family. But I am just saying what I seen and think that it would be a mistake as well as of right now.

You don't want him in your program. Trust me on that one...

 

He put me off a little, as well. Attitude trumps talent on my team anyday. Of course, great talent and a great attitude are always welcome!

No they didn't.....I ate dinner with U of L's associate athletic director tonight, and I asked him that very question, he said "options" don't exist.

 

Actually I heard the Radio Voice for the Memphis Tigers tell the story on the Jerry Miller show here in VA. He said it was something that Calipari constructed a few years ago with the support of the President and AD when a UAB recruit had to sit out a year because he wanted to go to Memphis after Mike Davis left UAB. Calipari thought it was unjust and had these added to the Memphis LOI. :thumb:

As far as Stephenson goes, why does it seem like most of the head cases come from NYC? Is there such a lack of positive influences in the basketball system up there that the kids with so much potential and promise tend to screw it all away. Telfair is starting to come to mind real quick.

Even if he pulls in the greatest recruiting class ever in his first season, they will still be freshman and will have to adjust to the college game. I wouldn't put national title contender by UK's name even if they do sign until you see (1) How they adjust to the college game (2) How they adjust to Calipari's game and (3) See how the UK chemistry is next year, ... it was lacking during good portions of this season. The best thing about most freshman is that they will be sophomores.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.