Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Father of No. 1 recruit, Xavier Henry, says he will decommit from Memphis

Featured Replies

As far as Stephenson goes, why does it seem like most of the head cases come from NYC? Is there such a lack of positive influences in the basketball system up there that the kids with so much potential and promise tend to screw it all away. Telfair is starting to come to mind real quick.

 

I think that's a generalization.

 

Antoine Walker had "head case" moments and he was from Chicago.

 

Jamal Mashburn was from NY, not really a head case.

 

Spreewell is the ultimate head case and he was from Wisconsin. :eek:

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if he pulls in the greatest recruiting class ever in his first season, they will still be freshman and will have to adjust to the college game. I wouldn't put national title contender by UK's name even if they do sign until you see (1) How they adjust to the college game (2) How they adjust to Calipari's game and (3) See how the UK chemistry is next year, ... it was lacking during good portions of this season. The best thing about most freshman is that they will be sophomores.

 

 

Al Maguire. :thumb:

 

RIP.

Even if he pulls in the greatest recruiting class ever in his first season, they will still be freshman and will have to adjust to the college game. I wouldn't put national title contender by UK's name even if they do sign until you see (1) How they adjust to the college game (2) How they adjust to Calipari's game and (3) See how the UK chemistry is next year, ... it was lacking during good portions of this season. The best thing about most freshman is that they will be sophomores.

 

Maybe in Tubby or BCG's case. However, with Calipari alot of times the Freshman are your best players and could be the ones being drafted top five over all in the draft, so I beg to differ.

Maybe in Tubby or BCG's case. However, with Calipari alot of times the Freshman are your best players and could be the ones being drafted top five over all in the draft, so I beg to differ.

 

My thoughts were the same.

 

That has been true of almost all of UK's players lately. However, that has a possibility of changing.

Even if he pulls in the greatest recruiting class ever in his first season, they will still be freshman and will have to adjust to the college game. I wouldn't put national title contender by UK's name even if they do sign until you see (1) How they adjust to the college game (2) How they adjust to Calipari's game and (3) See how the UK chemistry is next year, ... it was lacking during good portions of this season. The best thing about most freshman is that they will be sophomores.

 

Signed,

 

Derrick Rose

Greg Oden

Mike Conley Jr.

Signed,

 

Derrick Rose

Greg Oden

Mike Conley Jr.

Don't forget Carmelo Anthony...

That would send Blue Blue Nation and all message boards into a frenzy. You would have every poster calling for the National Title next season...

 

...And with those players, and a return of the core of this years team, that would be very, very likely...

 

Iam beyond frenzy:ylsuper:

I think that you would be right in that tons of people would do just that. I would not, imo no one should be calling for that based on new recruits that have yet to step on a college campus, practice floor or played in their first college game. That along with (although a very good coach) a first year coach to the program I don't think that anyone should be calling for that.........but we all know they will.

 

Should U.K. not get to a final 4 next season I can just see and hear all of the Fire Cal/Cal busters now :ohbrother:. Only the coaches name change and the bashing goes on forever no matter who or what with some. ...........:deadhorse: :rolleyes:

 

Rambler, you know I love ya and I almost always agree with ya but I'm going to have to respectfully DISagree with ya here. LOL!! I think most(and I mean MOST) of UK fans get a bad rep not only around here but nationally. I know that as a UK fan, I don't demand national championships but I do demand that we COMPETE for titles. That doesn't mean playing in the title game every year but I think it does mean making a Final Four once every.....oh, IDK 5 years or so. People bash us for getting rid of Tubby (he actually left but that's another story it's self) but they forget that he never made it back to the FF after his 1st season. That's unacceptable to me at UK and I think most UK fans were pretty darn patient when Tubby was here. But back to Coach Cal, as long as he does what he's always done as a coach, we will be ROYALTY in the bluegrass. I think he will win titles here(yes, I said titleS, as in plural). Every program has rabid fans who I call critics but since UK has more fans than most schools, UK has a few more rabid fans and they seem to be more vocal too. The fanbase will love Coach Cal and imbrace him like they did Pitino. Even if he doesn't win a title in the next 5 years, as long as he has UK back on the map and contending then I as a UK fan will be just fine and I'm sure the rest of the fanbase will be fine too. I think we will win a national championship in the next 5 years though, I truely do.

Actually I heard the Radio Voice for the Memphis Tigers tell the story on the Jerry Miller show here in VA. He said it was something that Calipari constructed a few years ago with the support of the President and AD when a UAB recruit had to sit out a year because he wanted to go to Memphis after Mike Davis left UAB. Calipari thought it was unjust and had these added to the Memphis LOI. :thumb:

It can not be added to a LOI, that's an NCAA form.

It can not be added to a LOI, that's an NCAA form.

 

I understand. I think the man was pointing to the contract with the school itself and they have the final say of release or not. I think. :lol:

 

Either way, my intention was to point out that a voice other than a UK diehard was mentioning this very scenario on the air. (And trust me, he sounded like it was the last thing he wanted to say and knows the implications of the program.) :thumb:

It can not be added to a LOI, that's an NCAA form.

 

What I have seen it is a contract with the school as Hatz said and has nothing to do with the LOI.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.