Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Commitments to UK

Featured Replies

With the announcement of BCG's firing, where does this leave UK commitment Dakotah Euton and Vinny Zollo?

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the announcement of BCG's firing, where does this leave UK commitment Dakotah Euton and Vinny Zollo?

 

I would guess they would both have to re-prove themselves for the new staff. Not impossible.

This could affect not only those two but a lot of the other underclassmen around the state as well who are being recruited by UK.

With the announcement of BCG's firing, where does this leave UK commitment Dakotah Euton and Vinny Zollo?

 

Verbal commitments only and incoming coach is under no obligation to honor scholarship offers. This only highlights one of the issues of coaches recruiting athletes at an earlier age and athletes willing to make commitments so early in the process.

Verbal commitments only and incoming coach is under no obligation to honor scholarship offers. This only highlights one of the issues of coaches recruiting athletes at an earlier age and athletes willing to make commitments so early in the process.

 

I have heard Lee Todd say before that the coach had to honor scholarship commitments. So I assume the ball is in the commitment's court.

I have heard Lee Todd say before that the coach had to honor scholarship commitments. So I assume the ball is in the commitment's court.

 

I would think this is for official scholarship signings and does not apply to any verbals.

:thumb::thumb:

I would think this is for official scholarship signings and does not apply to any verbals.

Butterfly Baby
All Region

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the petals
Posts: 748



icon1.gif

Id say Euton will definitely be out. The 8th grader also. Zollo has the better chance of ending up a Wildcat.

user_offline.gifinfraction.gif report.gif ip.gif progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

 

 





image.php?u=9150&dateline=1182540840





Join Date: Jan 2004


Location: Richmond


Posts: 4,649








post_old.gif Today, 04:53 PM #8
dolamite



All American icon1.gif



Quote:


Originally Posted by Butterfly Baby viewpost.gif


Id say Euton will definitely be out. The 8th grader also. Zollo has the better chance of ending up a Wildcat.



 

 

Yes and should be. Zollo has a little bit of game about him and he is about the only one. The 8th grader may turn into a stud but you cannot judge talent that young. There are many early bloomers in middle school, and many who tend to fizzle out so until the kids at least a sophomore or junior I will still say it is smart to only keep Zollo on board.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:thumb::thumb:

 

Vinny played this year just coming off a broken leg. He will prove in the next two years that he is worthy of the commitment.

I would think this is for official scholarship signings and does not apply to any verbals.

 

No he was asked about all the young commitments and said that the coach had to honor those. A coaching change may also change his stance on the issue though.

No he was asked about all the young commitments and said that the coach had to honor those. A coaching change may also change his stance on the issue though.

 

The kids that BG was interested in,that are all verbals,will mean nothing to the new coach coming in.He may evaluate them,but I would be very surprised if any that were mentioned above end up at U.K now,that B.G.is gone.Zollo does have 2 years to improve his games,but improve it he will have to do,if he expects an offer from who ever they hire.

I hope it means that none of his recruits will come ... except Orton.

I hope it means that none of his recruits will come ... except Orton.

 

Euton has no chance IMO. Unless the next coach is looking to hire the next Jared Carter (which for the player, it not a bad thing; free education that is).

Man, the unrelentless slams on Euton are uncalled for, in my opinion. I can't believe how much grief a 17 year old young man is getting, only for doing what he has probably dreamed of most of his life.

 

I guess he could go to the Univeristy of Tennessee and put up 20+ points on UK for four years. That sounds familiar. In fact, I now am rooting for that to happen. That would serve the UK faithful right.

Their gone and they may not be the only two. Iam also talking about the commitments for this year.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.