Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Commitments to UK

Featured Replies

IMO, Im glad to see the coaching change. If Euton and Zollo's verbal commitments are not honored than its for the best interest for UK and the kids. For all we know, nothing is going to change except the name of the head coach, and maybe the success of next year!

  • Replies 44
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it means that none of his recruits will come ... except Orton.

 

I believe Orton already signed. He is coming.

I believe Orton already signed. He is coming.

 

Orton, Avery and Hood are all signed to letters and will be at UK. All other Gillispie recruits are verbals so it remains to be seen if they end up at UK.

With the announcement of BCG's firing, where does this leave UK commitment Dakotah Euton and Vinny Zollo?

 

I'd say they're a little nervous.

Man, the unrelentless slams on Euton are uncalled for, in my opinion. I can't believe how much grief a 17 year old young man is getting, only for doing what he has probably dreamed of most of his life.
When you verbally commit as a freshman and make a controversial move to such a high-profile school, some of that simply comes with the territory.

 

Ultimately, his performance allows him to answer his critics.

I guess he could go to the Univeristy of Tennessee and put up 20+ points on UK for four years. That sounds familiar. In fact, I now am rooting for that to happen. That would serve the UK faithful right.
And he might give up 25. From what I've seen of Euton in limited opportunities, I would take that chance if I was Kentucky's new coach.

Article from the Lexington Hearld.

 

Billy Gillispie's dismissal as Kentucky's basketball coach on Friday drew similar reactions from the Cats' recruits and their families.

They're disappointed but not surprised that Gillispie was fired, and they're now in wait-and-see mode as UK searches for a new coach.

 

Vinny Zollo of Clark County, who is in the Class of 2011, said that while Gillispie's dismissal was "very upsetting," he is in a favorable situation as a recruit.

"The advantage is mine," Zollo said. "Being an underclassman, I have a lot of time before I sign anything.

"I need to sit back and consider my options. There's no rush. We'll see what happens with a new coach, and go from there."

 

http://www.kentucky.com/881/story/741586.html

I think the first committment that Coach Gillispie made was Dakota Euton. I felt at that time it was a move made by Gillispie to get on the good side of the Ky people ,committing a boy within the state, a public relations move. I also think players and schools alike should not commit until the junior year. I believe Tubby Smith was trying to get the NCAA to make this a rule last year and I think they should. It's unreal the criticism these young kids have to go through and the pressure on them to do good. I feel sorry for them at times. If I were a coach of a college program ,I would want to watch these prospects as much as possible and not take a scout's word on their talent. I know some of the committments and they are hard working and good kids and I wish them the best ,whether it's at UK or some other college. I just feel this is one of the many mistakes that Gillispie has made.:idunno:

Edited by d-dawg

When you verbally commit as a freshman and make a controversial move to such a high-profile school, some of that simply comes with the territory.

 

Ultimately, his performance allows him to answer his critics.

And he might give up 25. From what I've seen of Euton in limited opportunities, I would take that chance if I was Kentucky's new coach.

 

If you want to constantly be critical of a high school kid more power to you. The fact is his father lost his job and had to move to do the same type of work. From there they made a family decision to go to a good high school program.

If you want to constantly be critical of a high school kid more power to you.
Just stating my opinion ... I didn't say anything overly critical of the kid. Others on here have been much more so than I have.

The fact is his father lost his job and had to move to do the same type of work. From there they made a family decision to go to a good high school program.
Sounds like the party line ... as I've said before, let's not insult everyone's intelligence by pretending those are the sole reasons for the move.
Just stating my opinion ... I didn't say anything overly critical of the kid. Others on here have been much more so than I have.

Sounds like the party line ... as I've said before, let's not insult everyone's intelligence by pretending those are the sole reasons for the move.

 

Lets not insult the Euton family by acting like we know exactly what all went into their decision to switch schools. It is a fact that his father lost his job in Ashland. I am not saying basketball had nothing to do with coming to Scott Co, but it seems to me like basketball isn't the only reason for the move either.

Lets not insult the Euton family by acting like we know exactly what all went into their decision to switch schools. It is a fact that his father lost his job in Ashland. I am not saying basketball had nothing to do with coming to Scott Co, but it seems to me like basketball isn't the only reason for the move either.

 

I think it was a good move for no matter what reason.

Get off of Euton, UK could have sure used his shooting this year.

Just stating my opinion ... I didn't say anything overly critical of the kid. Others on here have been much more so than I have.

Sounds like the party line ... as I've said before, let's not insult everyone's intelligence by pretending those are the sole reasons for the move.

Dad lost job - fact. Had to relocate and Lex. was best offer - fact. Went to Scott Co. because they have a great program close to the college that his son had committed to - fact. Where is the hangup here? What partyline reply? Move wasn't initially basketball motivated. Selection of school was. Again, what is getting lost here? There's no insult to anyone's intelligence if everyone will use theirs.

Given the way the AAU teammates gravitated to Scott County, I think it's fair to say the move was engineered for more reasons than just the Eutons' job situation.

 

That's just my opinion. No one else has to like it.

Given the way the AAU teammates gravitated to Scott County, I think it's fair to say the move was engineered for more reasons than just the Eutons' job situation.

 

That's just my opinion. No one else has to like it.

My point is that your angle is purely speculation. Does it seem fishy? Sure. I'm telling you from first hand information, that's what happened. That's the truth, no one else has to accept it.

 

I don't think that AAU nor Scott Co. had the power to shut the doors at an engineering firm in Ashland, KY.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.