Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The New Coach...

Featured Replies

CBSSports is reporting that Gillispie's firing is a done deal and that Barnhart is using the 48 hours to secure a deal with Donovan, Calipari or Izzo.

 

Do you have a LINK?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only in Kentucky would you read that a coach hasn't done anything since he won his second national title two years ago.:ohbrother:

Do you have a LINK?

 

Multiple sources -- and by multiple, I mean like 70 -- have told CBSSports.com that Gillispie will almost certainly never coach another game at Kentucky, that it's simply a matter of making it official. The prevailing thought is that a humbled Gillispie could possibly save himself by acknowledging missteps and promising to better embrace the celebrity that goes hand-in-hand with coaching at Kentucky, but people close to Gillispie insist he's "too stubborn" for that, and that he'd take his $6 million buyout and walk away before ever greatly altering his personality.

What about the phone call you alluded to, anything?

 

Working on an update right now. I'll be back on in a short few :thumb:

What about the phone call you alluded to, anything?

 

I just got a call from someone wanting to sell me replacement windows and they said that Donovan was the man.

Multiple sources -- and by multiple, I mean like 70 -- have told CBSSports.com that Gillispie will almost certainly never coach another game at Kentucky, that it's simply a matter of making it official. The prevailing thought is that a humbled Gillispie could possibly save himself by acknowledging missteps and promising to better embrace the celebrity that goes hand-in-hand with coaching at Kentucky, but people close to Gillispie insist he's "too stubborn" for that, and that he'd take his $6 million buyout and walk away before ever greatly altering his personality.

 

 

If that is the case then he needs to go.

Hadn't Tubby accepted the Minnesota job long before the season was over?

 

No. But his agent already had the offer. Minnesota took a shot and actually seemed surprised when he accepted.

Uh. Can I ask the audience?

 

I really don't know. I had given up on the source he said he would have another meeting and return because everything was just falling into place for him to leave and another coach to come in.

 

And then it turns out he is having another meeting, doing his shows, and his terminology is just kind of deceiving.

 

At this moment, I am not sure.

 

 

You sounded pretty sure when you posted this...

 

Without a doubt, Gillispie will not be the University of Kentucky head coach next season. No assistant coaches will be retained either.

I don't know that things have changed all that much, but the info and rumors have sure as heck changed from one "source" to another.

  • Author
I don't know that things have changed all that much, but the info and rumors have sure as heck changed from one "source" to another.

 

Things have changed.

The truth is no one knows....

 

I think that's pretty obvious.

The truth is no one knows....

 

I think that's pretty obvious.

 

This is the one post that makes the most sense. No one knows for sure.

 

I hope he is back, a great recruiting class coming in, Pilgrim will be able to play ect. Two years is just too soon, and if you look at his 2010 and 2011 recruiting classes, they are mostly solid! I see nothing but good years in front of us, IF he stays.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.