Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The New Coach...

Featured Replies

All kinds of reports, basically saying it's Donovan's to lose. Calipari rumor is heating up.

 

Dick Gabriel says Donovan is the choice.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
But will Donovan accept?

 

It appears he has/will.

 

I will be surprised if he doesn't, honestly.

 

Perhaps I need a new avatar.

According to Andy Katz of ESPN and his sources with Florida they would be shocked if Billy D accepted the position if offered...

 

"If Kentucky fires Gillispie, the speculation is that it could make another run at Florida's Billy Donovan, who turned down the Wildcats two years ago after he won his second straight national title. Donovan then signed with the Orlando Magic only to return to Gainesville four days later and sign a $3.5 million contract.

 

Florida officials, including athletic director Jeremy Foley, would be "shocked" if Donovan were to go to the rival Wildcats after turning them down, according to multiple sources close to the school's athletic department."

  • Author
According to Andy Katz of ESPN and his sources with Florida they would be shocked if Billy D accepted the position if offered...

 

"If Kentucky fires Gillispie, the speculation is that it could make another run at Florida's Billy Donovan, who turned down the Wildcats two years ago after he won his second straight national title. Donovan then signed with the Orlando Magic only to return to Gainesville four days later and sign a $3.5 million contract.

 

Florida officials, including athletic director Jeremy Foley, would be "shocked" if Donovan were to go to the rival Wildcats after turning them down, according to multiple sources close to the school's athletic department."

 

I've read that, but Donovan all but accepted last time. Katz was off base then and now.

 

I will be extremely surprised if he isn't named the coach. Not saying it couldn't happen, but right now, Donovan is the next coach.

I've read that, but Donovan all but accepted last time. Katz was off base then and now.

 

I will be extremely surprised if he isn't named the coach. Not saying it couldn't happen, but right now, Donovan is the next coach.

 

I'm not second guessing you or your sources I think he has and or will take the job...I'm just putting that out there for discussion:D

  • Author
I'm not second guessing you or your sources I think he has and or will take the job...I'm just putting that out there for discussion:D

 

True. I will state this:

 

It is not FACT that Donovan will be coach. Things can change. But everyone behind the scenes basically is calling it. If Donovan doesn't take the job this time, he will have burnt all bridges (and possible bridges) to UK.

 

Calipari still has some rumors floating, but it will be tough with some of the people at Kentucky who are hesitant.

To me Donovan just isn't worth the mess created by BCG leaving. I'll support him if he's the guy though.

 

I'd prefer Calipari at this point.

To me Donovan just isn't worth the mess created by BCG leaving. I'll support him if he's the guy though.

 

I'd prefer Calipari at this point.

I'm with you on this one. Calipari is a better choice imo, if he would accept the job.

We should know by April 1, which is supposedly the last day that he can get out of his contract without a buyout. Will Pitino trying to talk him out of it? That is the word according to a Florida newspaper.http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090326/ARTICLES/903269919/1002?Title=Blog-Billy-D-s-future
It is official.

 

A private plane was tracked from going to Gainesville to Mt. Juliet, Ky. (a small airport outside of Lexington) to South Bend, Ind., on Wednesday. Of course, that plane could have been carrying equine supplies. Or it could have been carrying Florida coach Billy Donovan and Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart.

 

 

The first plane tracking reference of this "hiring season". :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is official.

 

 

 

The first plane tracking reference of this "hiring season". :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

And it wasn't from a source on BGP! Wow!!!! :scared:

So I'm going to ask this, has UK asked for and recieved permission to speak with Donovan, has this been confirmed or denied by anyone and their source? This is all based on the assumption that Billy G's termination will be announced tomorrow.

 

For the record I think he's been fired

I personally believe it will be Billy D. I'm confident he can come in and get these players hungry again and play the way they should. Everyone close to the prgram is saying Billy D will be the next guy. He can recruit AND has a good gameplan. However, the John Calipari rumor's are definitly heating up. But honestly he seems a bit shady to me, I see/hear alot of possible recruiting violations that could take place with him, especially with the help of World Wide Wes. I just don't know about him, it would be a risk. The Kid would be a safe and reliable choice and could restore the UK program back to what it should be. On a different note wonder what recruits would decommit and wonder what recruits we could gain by hiring Billy D. It's pretty much inevitable so best of luck to BCG!

I was told on by someone on this site (yesterday) that Donovan was interested in the job and that Calipari might be as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.