Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why come to UK???

Featured Replies

Tubby won.

 

Tubby appeared to give up after Saul was rejected by the fans. I know some people didn't like him just because, but I think the majority of the fans just wanted him to show some effort. His last two years seemed lackadaisical, at best.

  • Replies 106
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if I was a coach I would want to coach at UK.

 

On a side note...I can't wait until this is all over. I am so tired of hearing about BCG. Think I'm getting "Cush Lash".:D Makes me think of UL football season. :puke::puke:

 

Pancake sorry for this off topic but...

I was going post in the ND/UK thread but it was closed. How about the way Harangody shoots foul shots??? :eek::eek: Man that is uglier than Jim Furyk's golf swing...but hey it works for both I guess. :lol::lol:

They don't expect to win 30 games a year.
Pretty close ... to some, anything less than the Final Four is cause for alarm.
Here are a few

 

1. Play infront of 23,500 of the best fans in college bball

Most fanatical? Definitely ...

 

Best? Very debatable ...

4. For Calipari he would be coaching at the most storied program in college bball instead of Memphis who has a fraction of the history at UK.
Why should Calipari care about tradition when he is contending for the national title every year at Memphis?

 

Kentucky fans vastly overrate the value of the program's "tradition" ...

Pretty close ... to some, anything less than the Final Four is cause for alarm.

 

I supported Tubby Smith the whole time he was here, but we didn't make it to the Final 4 under him for what 8 or 9 straight years. That was very dissapointing as a fan.

Most fanatical? Definitely ...

 

Best? Very debatable ...

Why should Calipari care about tradition when he is contending for the national title every year at Memphis?

 

Kentucky fans vastly overrate the value of the program's "tradition" ...

 

Kentucky is still Kentucky. Its a great place to win at. Calipari has a great thing going, but UK is a great job!

I am a fan of UK and can not think of a better reason for somone to want to coach here.:D

To awnser your question:

 

1. Money talks

 

2. Unlimited fan/University support

 

3. Tons of national media exposure.

 

3b. All the above helps to land elite talent.

 

Now I wouldn't call that a big reason to come to Kentucky. UK fans are far, far, far different from any other big time program fans in the country.

I can think of around 2-3 million reasons a year to Coach at UK.

Now I wouldn't call that a big reason to come to Kentucky. UK fans are far, far, far different from any other big time program fans in the country.

 

No different than Alabama Football fans.

  • Author
I can think of around 2-3 million reasons a year to Coach at UK.

 

I thought I read that Billy D is making 3.5 mil now...

  • Author

I can see more reasons that Calipari would come than Billy D from my point of view, but I hope Cal doesn't land in Lexington...

I can see more reasons that Calipari would come than Billy D from my point of view, but I hope Cal doesn't land in Lexington...

 

Personally I am not a fan of Billy D, Calapari I want to like however I think there is more than meets the eye with his ability to lure quality players to Conference USA.

I can see more reasons that Calipari would come than Billy D from my point of view, but I hope Cal doesn't land in Lexington...

 

I bet you don't. :lol:

  • Author
I bet you don't. :lol:

 

:thumb: I love UK turmoil... :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.