Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why come to UK???

Featured Replies

Ok, almost everyone on here knows I am not a UK fan, but I think it lets me look at it with unbiased glasses.

 

Billy D... Why would he leave Florida for any school that is not a NBA team. I think the gators can pay close to what UK can and will. Why come to a place where, you are loved or hated by how you do in your last game? I think if he stays in Florida, he becomes a legend by the time he retires. Have courts named after him, ect... He can get the same level recruits there, that he can here, so he has the same chance of winning more championships there as here.

 

The same goes for John Calipari.

 

I think Pelphrey and Ford, want to be here, because they were raised with Blue blood and played for UK.

 

I am open for debate...

  • Replies 106
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's got a huge ego just like his old boss, and he'll always be 2nd fiddle in Florida. I believe he will feel like a new coach again if he takes the UK job. It is still considered one of the top programs in the country.

If I were Cali, Dixon, or Billy D I wouldn't wanna leave my respected programs for a program that's down, and the fan base attacks a coach if they can't get 30 wins a year. Way to much pressure is put on coaches at Kentucky, but it seems as if ole Billy G has made things worse for the next man.

To be the coach that brought UK back to the top. I believe this is more motivation than can be measured.

If I were Cali, Dixon, or Billy D I wouldn't wanna leave my respected programs for a program that's down, and the fan base attacks a coach if they can't get 30 wins a year. Way to much pressure is put on coaches at Kentucky, but it seems as if ole Billy G has made things worse for the next man.

 

They don't expect to win 30 games a year.

  • Author
He's got a huge ego just like his old boss, and he'll always be 2nd fiddle in Florida. I believe he will feel like a new coach again if he takes the UK job. It is still considered one of the top programs in the country.

 

I think he feels like a king there. If he stays at Florida he can become the best coach ever there, if he isn't already. At UK he will never pass Rupp or Ricky.

They don't expect to win 30 games a year.

 

Your right, 28.

  • Author
To be the coach that brought UK back to the top. I believe this is more motivation than can be measured.

 

I think that is over rated. The true blue fan, its big, but to the rest of the world not that big of a deal. JMO

I think he feels like a king there. If he stays at Florida he can become the best coach ever there, if he isn't already. At UK he will never pass Rupp or Ricky.

 

 

He's already the best coach ever at Florida, has won two National Championships, and still had only a little over 4.000 show up for a NIT game.

Ok, almost everyone on here knows I am not a UK fan, but I think it lets me look at it with unbiased glasses.

 

Billy D... Why would he leave Florida for any school that is not a NBA team. I think the gators can pay close to what UK can and will. Why come to a place where, you are loved or hated by how you do in your last game? I think if he stays in Florida, he becomes a legend by the time he retires. Have courts named after him, ect... He can get the same level recruits there, that he can here, so he has the same chance of winning more championships there as here.

 

The same goes for John Calipari.

 

I think Pelphrey and Ford, want to be here, because they were raised with Blue blood and played for UK.

 

I am open for debate...

 

 

Apparently they want Billy D out in Florida. I guess they have crazy fans too. That's what I read in an article anyway a couple weeks ago. They're aching for Anthony Grant.

I think he feels like a king there. If he stays at Florida he can become the best coach ever there, if he isn't already. At UK he will never pass Rupp or Ricky.

That's probably why he would never leave there. But I will say this about it: I feel the same about Billy there as I do about Tubby in Minnesota. They may not hate you as much or at all when you fail, but they'll never love you the same way UK fans would when you succeed. Adolph Rupp, Joe B. Hall, and Rick Pitino are basically deities to UK fans.

 

Billy Donovan may leave Florida, but IMO, he's not ever coming here.

  • Author
Apparently they want Billy D out in Florida. I guess they have crazy fans too. That's what I read in an article anyway a couple weeks ago. They're aching for Anthony Grant.

 

I have a hard time believing that...

To be the coach that brought UK back to the top. I believe this is more motivation than can be measured.

 

EXACTLY!!!!!!!! DING DING DING!!!

 

Just imagine how the country would perceive him if he were to bring UK back to prominence and win a championship. He would be considered the best coach in the country, HANDS DOWN!! I think that's the reason why he takes the job, the challenge of it and the glory when he succeeds because he will succeed.

Billy D. may be looking for a change of pace. They only drew 6,525 in last night's NIT game; barely half the seats were filled.

That's probably why he would never leave there. But I will say this about it: I feel the same about Billy there as I do about Tubby in Minnesota. They may not hate you as much or at all when you fail, but they'll never love you the same way UK fans would when you succeed. Adolph Rupp, Joe B. Hall, and Rick Pitino are basically deities to UK fans.

 

Billy Donovan may leave Florida, but IMO, he's not ever coming here.

 

 

 

You have to be kidding about Joe B. Hall. There were many fans calling for his job his last few years at Kentucky.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.