Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why hasn't Barhardt or Todd said anything?

Featured Replies

Think about it this way. Everyone agress that this season did not go to planned. From wins & losses, to halftime interviews, to whatever else you name. Every fan that I know feels that way. I feel that way. I'm sure Barnhardt, President Todd, and Billy G. all feel the same. The season, overall, was a disappointment; however, we have the opportunity to make the best out of a bad situation.

 

Why hasn't Barnhardt come out and said anything? It's called LEVERAGE.

 

Right now, Barnhardt & President Lee Todd have a leg up on BCG. If they were to come out and publicly support him, nothing would get changed.

 

Quti freaking out, take a deep breath, and relax.

 

:thumb:

 

The speculation is annoying, but fun to follow.

 

My feelings are that if Barnhardt and Todd can get their guy (Donovan) this time around, they will make the move. I don't think they will let BCG go without a guy waiting to take the job.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they haven't said anything because a decision hasn't yet been made.

 

Heck, there are all kinds of possibilities.

Think about it this way. Everyone agress that this season did not go to planned. From wins & losses, to halftime interviews, to whatever else you name. Every fan that I know feels that way. I feel that way. I'm sure Barnhardt, President Todd, and Billy G. all feel the same. The season, overall, was a disappointment; however, we have the opportunity to make the best out of a bad situation.

 

Why hasn't Barnhardt come out and said anything? It's called LEVERAGE.

 

Right now, Barnhardt & President Lee Todd have a leg up on BCG. If they were to come out and publicly support him, nothing would get changed.

 

Quti freaking out, take a deep breath, and relax.

 

Ah yes, a voice of reason. Thank you!! Well said and my thoughts exactly.

:thumb:

 

The speculation is annoying, but fun to follow.

 

My feelings are that if Barnhardt and Todd can get their guys (Donovan) this time around, they will make the move. I don't think they will let BCG go without a guy waiting to take the job.

 

Agreed. I just hope their guy really isn't Donovan.

 

FWIW, I do hope Gillispie is back. I do think he is starting to increase the talent level to the point where they can be back atop the SEC and in the top 10-15 nationally, albeit slowly. The likes of Liggins, Miller, Hood, Orton, & Ferguson are the type of players that can get UK back to that point, but Gillispie needs to understand that the job of the basketball coach at a place like UK involves much more than just coaching. If he can't accept that, and change, he'll never have success here.

  • Author

How about this.........

 

 

Could Meeks and Patterson hold the future of BCG in their hands?

 

Read an article that says that Meeks father stated at the SEC tournament that Jodie WOULD NOT return to UK if BCG was still the coach at UK next year.

Agreed. I just hope their guy really isn't Donovan.

 

I would be happy with him. I think he's ready for the next challenge in his coaching career.

From what I am hearing, that just may be the case ...

 

The administration would be very wise to talk to some of the players. I think that Patterson & Meeks are mature enough to handle the situation with class & give an honest opinion.

 

I would prefer that the administration speak with all of them. You don't have to give a lot of credence to what they say, but you need to hear what they have to say.

I would be happy with him. I think he's ready for the next challenge in his coaching career.

 

My concern with Donovan is outside of that one outstanding class, he has really had very marginal success. I do think he would be the type of person that could succeed at UK though.

 

Read an article that says that Meeks father stated at the SEC tournament that Jodie WOULD NOT return to UK if BCG was still the coach at UK next year.

 

Do you have a link?

How about this.........

 

 

Could Meeks and Patterson hold the future of BCG in their hands?

 

Read an article that says that Meeks father stated at the SEC tournament that Jodie WOULD NOT return to UK if BCG was still the coach at UK next year.

 

Can you post that article or the link, please. I have a hard time believing that would be said and not on the media outlet like crazy.

They did say something, that his annual evaluation will come at the end of the year.

 

:thumb: Absolutely. This is the same thing they did when half the state wanted Rich Brooks on the first plane out of Lexington. 'We don't evaluate a coaches status until the end of the the season.' Mitch has been consistent on this. I know UK fans want an answer, but I admire Mitch for maintaining his consistency. The media and fans are creating this distraction, not the team, not the coach and not administration.

One thing I did read on a site most on here frequent for UK news, is that if Gillispie is back, Meeks will go pro. I really don't know if I believe it or not, but that would be interesting. I almost think Barnhart needs to involve Patterson, Meeks, and Miller in the decision, as they are extremely vital to the future of the program.

 

The families of these three players stayed together while in Florida during the SEC tourney, would have been a good opportunity for Mitch to find out what was on their minds.

:thumb: Absolutely. This is the same thing they did when half the state wanted Rich Brooks on the first plane out of Lexington. 'We don't evaluate a coaches status until the end of the the season.' Mitch has been consistent on this. I know UK fans want an answer, but I admire Mitch for maintaining his consistency. The media and fans are creating this distraction, not the team, not the coach and not administration.

 

:ylsuper:

 

The media is completely misbehaving on this. The loaded psuedo question in the post game presser last night was a terrible, terrible spot to put the players in - "What do you think of the idea that people believe 'the more you win the more it might save coaches job.'?" What a terrible reporter for floating this type of rumor-mill, gossippy statement in a formal press conference.

:ylsuper:

 

The media is completely misbehaving on this. The loaded psuedo question in the post game presser last night was a terrible, terrible spot to put the players in - "What do you think of the idea that people believe 'the more you win the more it might save coaches job.'?" What a terrible reporter for floating this type of rumor-mill, gossippy statement in a formal press conference.

Given the rampant speculation among the UK faithful, I don't think it's an impertinent question.
Agreed. I just hope their guy really isn't Donovan.

 

FWIW, I do hope Gillispie is back. I do think he is starting to increase the talent level to the point where they can be back atop the SEC and in the top 10-15 nationally, albeit slowly. The likes of Liggins, Miller, Hood, Orton, & Ferguson are the type of players that can get UK back to that point, but Gillispie needs to understand that the job of the basketball coach at a place like UK involves much more than just coaching. If he can't accept that, and change, he'll never have success here.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.