Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why hasn't Barhardt or Todd said anything?

Featured Replies

The parents of all 3 (GJ, Orton, and Hood) were on the news talking about how they had placed calls in to Barnhart (:D) wanting to know what the situation was with Gillispie, and that he has not returned any of their calls....

Gotcha, I saw that tail end of that somewhere and didn't see where it came from. No idea why he would do this really maybe he doesn't know I guess or just has nothing to report.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe they hope that they don't listen to the 300,000 opinions in KY. I honestly don't think they even know whats going to happen. They are going to talk to him, say this is the direction we wanna go are you on board... yes or no?

 

Then that is what they should tell the recruits. It's extremely poor management of the situation to keep those people in limbo. Fans, I can understand, but when it comes to the people that are going to be a part of your program, I would think you would show them a little bit more respect.

Gotcha, I saw that tail end of that somewhere and didn't see where it came from. No idea why he would do this really maybe he doesn't know I guess or just has nothing to report.

 

If he has nothing to report then he would be reassuring them that G would be the coach next year.

  • Author
Maybe because there is nothing to be sad. UK has a head coach and will continue to have the same one next year.

 

That's exactly what needs to be said. Why allow the rumors to run wild if that were the case. Why allow recruits to wonder? If he is going to stay, then Barnhart needs to come out and say, so that recruiting doesn't suffer. In these situations, silence usually means that something is going on behind closed doors. Everyone knows this! That's why you say something publicly if BCG is your man.

  • Author
That's the one thing that really leads me to believe that a change is a very realistic possibility.

 

The main reason I don't want to see Gillispie go is because it likely means no Dom Ferguson in 2010, and that kid is going to be a superstar.

 

 

 

I agree with you! On both! Ferguson will be a star!

Then that is what they should tell the recruits. It's extremely poor management of the situation to keep those people in limbo. Fans, I can understand, but when it comes to the people that are going to be a part of your program, I would think you would show them a little bit more respect.

 

As of right now he is the coach that is the only thing they can say. By now sadly all the parents are listening to all the rumors. The fans are causing more harm than good for UK bball anymore.

 

This is the same thing he did with Tubby... sat down and said this is the direction we want to go and Tubby didn't agree. We don't know what Gillispie is going to say and speculation causes inflation.

One thing I did read on a site most on here frequent for UK news, is that if Gillispie is back, Meeks will go pro. I really don't know if I believe it or not, but that would be interesting. I almost think Barnhart needs to involve Patterson, Meeks, and Miller in the decision, as they are extremely vital to the future of the program.

As of right now he is the coach that is the only thing they can say. By now sadly all the parents are listening to all the rumors. The fans are causing more harm than good for UK bball anymore.

 

This is the same thing he did with Tubby... sat down and said this is the direction we want to go and Tubby didn't agree. We don't know what Gillispie is going to say and speculation causes inflation.

Bingo what a shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bingo what a shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Are the fans really forcing Billy G out? Are they forcing him to be a jerk to every media outlet in America? Are they too stubborn to change the way they play? This one is not on the fans.

Maybe they hope that they don't listen to the 300,000 opinions in KY. I honestly don't think they even know whats going to happen. They are going to talk to him, say this is the direction we wanna go are you on board... yes or no?

 

This is a strong possibility. Without knowing how he will react, how would they know what to say?

Are the fans really forcing Billy G out? Are they forcing him to be a jerk to every media outlet in America? Are they too stubborn to change the way they play? This one is not on the fans.

 

How is it not, we all know no one would care about any of that if he was winning basketball games. He is not winning at the rate UK fans want him to yet so lets kick him to the curb. He really hasn't been given sufficient time. I'm not saying he hasn't screwed up some things but if he was winning people wouldn't care.

It's simple. The season is not over yet. They have not had their end of the season evaluation, and there is nothing to be said.

 

Sure, it'd be easy to come out & say that he's going to be back. But, what if he doesn't know?

 

FWIW, I think he'll be back. I think there will be some changes, but I think that BCG will be back.

How is it not, we all know no one would care about any of that if he was winning basketball games. He is not winning at the rate UK fans want him to yet so lets kick him to the curb. He really hasn't been given sufficient time. I'm not saying he hasn't screwed up some things but if he was winning people wouldn't care.

 

Losing + Screwing up everything else = Short term

 

Not the fans fault.

Think about it this way. Everyone agress that this season did not go to planned. From wins & losses, to halftime interviews, to whatever else you name. Every fan that I know feels that way. I feel that way. I'm sure Barnhardt, President Todd, and Billy G. all feel the same. The season, overall, was a disappointment; however, we have the opportunity to make the best out of a bad situation.

 

Why hasn't Barnhardt come out and said anything? It's called LEVERAGE.

 

Right now, Barnhardt & President Lee Todd have a leg up on BCG. If they were to come out and publicly support him, nothing would get changed.

 

Quti freaking out, take a deep breath, and relax.

I almost think Barnhart needs to involve Patterson, Meeks, and Miller in the decision, as they are extremely vital to the future of the program.
From what I am hearing, that just may be the case ...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.