Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 65 Creighton 63

Featured Replies

Nice grind out win for the cats.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance the game could be at Lexington. Did not watch the game have they already said the game will be at ND.

Higher seed gets the home game in the NIT. ND is the 2 seed

:thumb: A win is a win and considering that we haven't won a road game since Feb. 14th at Arkansas:eek: I will take it.

On to South Bend and Digger Phelp's Fighting Irish.

 

I am not all that excited about the NIT, don't think that anyone really is but my Wildcats are on the floor and I will support them.

 

Call me crazy, but I have really enjoyed these 2 NIT games. Is this, or be one and done in the NCAA. The game at Memorial was history in the making and this game here was rocking. By the crowd and the atmosphere, it would be hard to argue that this game didn't mean something, and on top of that, another W gets us closer to 2000.

Call me crazy, but I have really enjoyed these 2 NIT games. Is this, or be one and done in the NCAA. The game at Memorial was history in the making and this game here was rocking. By the crowd and the atmosphere, it would be hard to argue that this game didn't mean something, and on top of that, another W gets us closer to 2000.

 

You said it not me. :p:D

 

They definitely have been exciting to watch. I mean still rather them have been in the NCAA tournament even if it was one and done. However even though we all argue all the time, we all love UK and still want them to win. So any win is still going to be exciting for us. I mean I have said this before, if they are going to be in the NIT they they might as well win the thing. :thumb:

In the imortal words of Jake Taylor;

 

"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.... Win the whole bleeping thing."

Edited by Scott Baio

Good win for the Cats. Hard fought and I really thought the crowd was great for the Jays. "Major" schools really should visit the mid-majors more often as the atmosphere is electric for those type of games. (I understand the reasons to avoid but just saying it would be fun.)

 

Their arena is as nice as a lot of Major schools, it holds over 17,000. I was impressed with their gym and the layout. Great win Cats!

I thought the shot was in. It was a well designed play because Darius didn't switch on the screen.

Did anyone else notice that UK played a match up zone a few times last night? Mostly near the end of the first half and it worked.

Did anyone else notice that UK played a match up zone a few times last night? Mostly near the end of the first half and it worked.

 

I've seen several people comment on the "zone" that was played, but was it really different than the "sagging man to man" we've seen before?

 

UK switches in their man to man fairly freely, and there have been several games where BCG has the bigs stay down low even if their guy is wide open on the perimeter.

 

I'm certainly not an expert, but I didn't see anything that differed greatly from what we've seen previously.

Keep getting W's it can't hurt and it might saves Billy's job hopefully.

 

Not a good fit for UK. Wish BCG only the best of luck at his next school.

Did anyone else notice that UK played a match up zone a few times last night? Mostly near the end of the first half and it worked.

 

UK didn't play any zone last night. I don't get why some people keep mentioning that. There was two guys on the court at times for Creighton that was no threat to shoot from the outside at all. So the guys guarding them completely laid off of them. If you watched the other three guys on the court they were being followed by a man everywhere. So it was definitely still a man to man defense. It just looked a little weird because UK had two guys that they could completely lay off of at times.:thumb:

I've seen several people comment on the "zone" that was played, but was it really different than the "sagging man to man" we've seen before?

 

UK switches in their man to man fairly freely, and there have been several games where BCG has the bigs stay down low even if their guy is wide open on the perimeter.

 

I'm certainly not an expert, but I didn't see anything that differed greatly from what we've seen previously.

 

:thumb:

In the NIT, I suspect that head coaches are required to do the press conference fairly quickly after the conclusion of the game.

 

BCG did the presser after the UNLV game, so I don't know.:confused:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.