March 23, 200917 yr If Rondo would've just stayed away from Sparks' girl, that team could have done some damage...:lol: :lol: Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.:thumb:
March 23, 200917 yr I forget. What's the topic of this thread...? :idunno::lol: I forgot as well but this is getting to be some good entertainment for a fans viewing pleasure. I may order a pizza and watch.:popcorn:
March 23, 200917 yr If Rondo would've just stayed away from Sparks' girl, that team could have done some damage...:lol:Or she should have said no ... :lol:
March 23, 200917 yr Or she should have said no ... :lol: :lol: Wonder where this conversation will lead? :popcorn:
March 23, 200917 yr Comparing the four players you are right, there are no comparisons. The 4 at UK are not better than those 4, nor would they had been no matter what coach was coaching. So I really don't see your point here either. As for Rondo he had a good freshman year when he bought into the system. The Next year it just all went to heck. Could tell he didn't want to do the system anymore, and well the whole thing teammates. Bogans had a great career while at UK. He lost confidence in his shot junior year no doubt. But he had a great senior year, and was the main reason for the succes of the 03 team. Him getting hurt killed the team in the elite 8 Morris-Yeah it took him awhile. But if you remember he really started to dominate the second half of the year his junior year. He single handily basically beat Nova in the first round for us. So he was turning into the player he could have been, but then he left once Tubby left. Azubuike- I don't know why he is in this. I mean when he came here he was not a 5 star player I believe. He is a guy that developed while here until a very good player. He was not ready for the NBA, but did what was best for his family. If he stayed then he probably has a great senior year, and that 06 team is totally different. So these players at UK that you mentioned were very good players and or turned into very good players. With the exception of Bogans, they all left early though, and two of them left before they should have. As has been mentioned Tubby really was not that bad of a recruiter, he had those two horrible classes of 03 and 05 though which really hurt him and the program. Which I admit should not have happened. Those two classes though make it look like Tubby always did bad at recruiting but not true. Guys leaving before they should, and I believe 3 Mcdonalds All Americans were kicked off during his time in Parker, Carruth, and Allison was he one? Maybe he should have been like most coaches and gave them third and fourth chances, but would we really want that for our program? You can't compare them, and that is my point. Read the whole thread please. This was a response to Mustangs comparing them. As for giving players other chances, I say yes. Especially Carruth. He was a frosh, but I don't think he fit in to Tubby's system so it was better for him to leave in the end. I think that alot of times young players and even veteran players make mistakes and second chances shouldn't be an afterthought. Also, I think Auzibuike is one of those players that was really overrated by UK fans. He was a nice player, but I don't think he compares to even Jodie Meeks. I think his athleticism got him into the league and he developed from there.
March 24, 200917 yr You can't compare them, and that is my point. Read the whole thread please. This was a response to Mustangs comparing them. As for giving players other chances, I say yes. Especially Carruth. He was a frosh, but I don't think he fit in to Tubby's system so it was better for him to leave in the end. I think that alot of times young players and even veteran players make mistakes and second chances shouldn't be an afterthought. Also, I think Auzibuike is one of those players that was really overrated by UK fans. He was a nice player, but I don't think he compares to even Jodie Meeks. I think his athleticism got him into the league and he developed from there. He do realize that he got kicked out of the next school he went to as well right? Yet you say should have given him another chance. If anything I think that shows it was smart to get rid of him, since another school did give him that second chance and he still got kicked off. He obviously wasn't the type of person you would want on a team.
March 24, 200917 yr :thumb::thumb: I agree. I always loved Saul. No, he wasn't extremely talented, but nobody had a bigger desire to win, and he did a very good job at the point IMO. He would have started for this year's team. :thumb: Here is another one that really like Saul. Had everyone played with the heart and desire that guy did we would have never lost. Take into consideration all the verbal abuse the kid took, and I mean from U.K. fans (or so called U.K. fans) and that makes him even more impressive, all class.
March 24, 200917 yr He do realize that he got kicked out of the next school he went to as well right? Yet you say should have given him another chance. If anything I think that shows it was smart to get rid of him, since another school did give him that second chance and he still got kicked off. He obviously wasn't the type of person you would want on a team. :thumb::thumb:
March 24, 200917 yr :thumb: Here is another one that really like Saul. Had everyone played with the heart and desire that guy did we would have never lost. Take into consideration all the verbal abuse the kid took, and I mean from U.K. fans (or so called U.K. fans) and that makes him even more impressive, all class. :thumb: I really liked his heart as well! In retrospect, it may not have been the best career move for Tubby but I love players that play with that intensity.
March 24, 200917 yr He do realize that he got kicked out of the next school he went to as well right? Yet you say should have given him another chance. If anything I think that shows it was smart to get rid of him, since another school did give him that second chance and he still got kicked off. He obviously wasn't the type of person you would want on a team. What does that have to do with giving him another chance? He hadn't commited that crime yet. You cannot predict the future. As someone who hopes to better the lives of the people I will come into contact with, I am willing to give even the most troubled individuals the right to be on my team. Some guidance would have helped this young man. Not saying that Tubby didn't give him any, but I do hope that he tried. Not all of us are best with the greatest backgrounds and homes, and need positive individuals in our lives especially around the ages of 16-23. Those are the years that can really make or break your life as you can nearly ruin it before it has really begun. That being said I know nothing about Rashaad Curruths personal life he may have came from a great family. But, alot of players who get into trouble when they are younger are just crying for help, IMO. If you are going to recruit a kid and give him a scholarship I think you owe it to them to give them a second chance. Sure you gave him a free education, but he chose YOUR school over many others. People think these kids should never get into any trouble. They are 18 and 19 years old, out of the house for the first time, and the biggest stars in town. I know I couldn't have handled that very well at 18. The fact that he eventually got kicked off his second team is irrelevant to the UK discussion, IMO, because it hadn't happened yet. If you are in going to be a "future coach" I hope your outlook on people isn't always like this. Kids need help and I think those in charge of them need to give it to them. I believe 2nd chances are a big part of what makes this world great.
March 24, 200917 yr As someone who hopes to better the lives of the people I will come into contact with, I am willing to give even the most troubled individuals the right to be on my team. Some guidance would have helped this young man. Not saying that Tubby didn't give him any, but I do hope that he tried.Knowing what we know about Tubby Smith, don't you expect that he did? If you are going to recruit a kid and give him a scholarship I think you owe it to them to give them a second chance. Sure you gave him a free education, but he chose YOUR school over many others. People think these kids should never get into any trouble. They are 18 and 19 years old, out of the house for the first time, and the biggest stars in town. I know I couldn't have handled that very well at 18. The fact that he eventually got kicked off his second team is irrelevant to the UK discussion, IMO, because it hadn't happened yet. If you are in going to be a "future coach" I hope your outlook on people isn't always like this. Kids need help and I think those in charge of them need to give it to them. I believe 2nd chances are a big part of what makes this world great. I certainly don't know all that Carruth did when he was at UK, and chances are you don't, either. Tubby did, and I suspect he made the decision he felt he had to make for what was best for the program.
March 24, 200917 yr Knowing what we know about Tubby Smith, don't you expect that he did? I certainly don't know all that Carruth did when he was at UK, and chances are you don't, either. Tubby did, and I suspect he made the decision he felt he had to make for what was best for the program. You are correct there. I just don't really think Frosh should be put off the team, unless the circumstances are very extreme. Had they been extreme everyone would have known about it. Tubby is a very good man, I just think that he tried to be a little too strict on discipline some times. Chances are he knew Carruth could have had some problems. If he wasn't going to try to work with him he shouldn't have taken him. I just don't believe that he could have caused that much trouble in one season without it being all over the news.
March 24, 200917 yr You are correct there. I just don't really think Frosh should be put off the team, unless the circumstances are very extreme. Had they been extreme everyone would have known about it. Tubby is a very good man, I just think that he tried to be a little too strict on discipline some times. Chances are he knew Carruth could have had some problems. If he wasn't going to try to work with him he shouldn't have taken him. I just don't believe that he could have caused that much trouble in one season without it being all over the news.Given Carruth's subsequent problems, I would say that Tubby made the right decision.
March 24, 200917 yr True but you never know. I actually think Carruth may have benefitted from being around a man of Tubby's character.
March 24, 200917 yr Given Carruth's subsequent problems, I would say that Tubby made the right decision. :thumb: It's hard to believe that someone of Carruth's talent would have ended up like he did, without some major attitude problems.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.