Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 75 Shelby Valley 69

Featured Replies

Final

 

Unofficial Stats

 

Ethan Faulkner 20 pts, 8 reb, 7 TO, 6 Ast

  • Replies 79
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Statman. I didn't think anybody was ever going to post the final.

Sounded like a great back and forth game. EC was able to withstand Shelby Valley's runs and answer back.

Wow. What a game. Just what I expected. It went down to the last few seconds and Elliott made the plays. Both of these teams should be extremely proud after this one. What a treat for the fans to watch.

Great job boys.... REDEMPTION.... I guess that put the "Elliott County loss to Shelby Valley," argument a rest. Great job Shelby Valley, you gave our boys all they could handle. Justice is going to be something special. Your half way there boys, now the BIG test is in the morning. Holmes. Its going to be a good one.

Wow. What a game. Just what I expected. It went down to the last few seconds and Elliott made the plays. Both of these teams should be extremely proud after this one. What a treat for the fans to watch.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

If you didn't watch or listen to this one you really missed out. There were so many twists and turns down the stretch that it kept you on edge until the last few seconds. Great win for Elliott over a great team from SV.

Holmes better bring plenty of fans in the morning. Everyone in Rupp will be pulling for Elliott. Dont know if Elliott has enough to knock off Holmes but it should be fun in the morning. W Jessamine vs Central- 2 teams that no one expected. Elliott vs Holmes- classic big school vs small school. Im traveling up to Rupp from Tennessee cant wait to get there!

Go Elliott Co

The first half of this game was really starting to disappoint me since neither team had much going for them. Thankfully there was a second half full of adversity, these teams really had it out for each other and I'm pretty sure they both left everything they had out on the court.

 

Good win Elliott, good season Shelby Valley. Now on to the real test Elliott.

Congrats to Elliot County on another sweet sixteen win :thumb:. Good luck on Saturday morning and hopefully Saturday night. Same post as yesterday Lions, keep your eye on the prize.

 

Suvive and Advance.:thumb:

 

 

Also, congrats to Shelby Valley on a great season. Hold your heads high, you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. With both of these schools being small schools I wish this one could have been in the State Championship game.

Thanks Statman. I didn't think anybody was ever going to post the final.

 

With only 11 post on this one so far I believe the entire fan base of Elliot is in Lexington :D..........and I don't blame them. :thumb:

Great game Elliot.

 

I'm on spring break right now and I'm setting my alarm to wake up and listen to the Elliot/Holmes game. This will be the first time I've been up before noon in the last week:lol:

First time I've seen Elliott play this year. There lack of depth (none) will hurt them against Holmes. They must have had an off night tonight, not impressed at all.

I just got in from the game. It was a great game and it was great to watch some good 'ole mountain basketball. I'll be honest in saying that this was one of the poorest performances I watched from Elliott County on the season (the other was the last time they played Shelby Valley). I won't really say the Lions looked tired, but they made many uncharacteristic turnovers and bad decisions. They could have easily won this game by 10-15 points, but they shot themselves in the foot with mistakes. That being said, they played a bad game and still advanced and in the end, that's all that matters. I'm a little concerned about their legs after such a battle tonight. It is going to be a quick turnaround and they only used the bench once or twice in the game tonight. I don't recall any subs in the second half and they had zero bench points (unless I'm mistaking).

 

The officiating in this game was abolutely, positively ridiculous for a game at this stage of the season. I'm not sure if they were having trouble keeping up with the helter skelter play and speed of the game or what, but it was insanely bad. They called the most bizarre intentional foul on Ethan Faulkner that I can ever remember seeing. It resulted in a 5-point trip for the Wildcats and almost changed the outcome of the game. I think it was an 8-point game at the time and all of a sudden the lead was 3.

 

Justice is one heck of a player. He and Timmy Knipp were the best two players on the court tonight. Ferguson, the Faulkners and Hatfield weren't far behind.

 

Holmes looked great tonight, but they really struggled in the 3rd quarter. Lexington Catholic drained themselves trying to make a comeback and faded away in the 4th. Holmes against Elliott could be a classic game. Its the game we've all been wishing for all season :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.