Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 75 Shelby Valley 69

Featured Replies

First time I've seen Elliott play this year. There lack of depth (none) will hurt them against Holmes. They must have had an off night tonight, not impressed at all.

 

Tonight was the worst game I've seen Elliott play in a long time.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Elliot County on another sweet sixteen win :thumb:. Good luck on Saturday morning and hopefully Saturday night. Same post as yesterday Lions, keep your eye on the prize.

 

Suvive and Advance.:thumb:

 

 

Also, congrats to Shelby Valley on a great season. Hold your heads high, you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. With both of these schools being small schools I wish this one could have been in the State Championship game.

 

 

 

I couldn't agree more or have said it better!:notworthy::thumb:

 

Good luck, Elliott County Lions!!

I just got in from the game. It was a great game and it was great to watch some good 'ole mountain basketball. I'll be honest in saying that this was one of the poorest performances I watched from Elliott County on the season (the other was the last time they played Shelby Valley). I won't really say the Lions looked tired, but they made many uncharacteristic turnovers and bad decisions. They could have easily won this game by 10-15 points, but they shot themselves in the foot with mistakes. That being said, they played a bad game and still advanced and in the end, that's all that matters. I'm a little concerned about their legs after such a battle tonight. It is going to be a quick turnaround and they only used the bench once or twice in the game tonight. I don't recall any subs in the second half and they had zero bench points (unless I'm mistaking).

 

The officiating in this game was abolutely, positively ridiculous for a game at this stage of the season. I'm not sure if they were having trouble keeping up with the helter skelter play and speed of the game or what, but it was insanely bad. They called the most bizarre intentional foul on Ethan Faulkner that I can ever remember seeing. It resulted in a 5-point trip for the Wildcats and almost changed the outcome of the game. I think it was an 8-point game at the time and all of a sudden the lead was 3.

 

Justice is one heck of a player. He and Timmy Knipp were the best two players on the court tonight. Ferguson, the Faulkners and Hatfield weren't far behind.

 

Holmes looked great tonight, but they really struggled in the 3rd quarter. Lexington Catholic drained themselves trying to make a comeback and faded away in the 4th. Holmes against Elliott could be a classic game. Its the game we've all been wishing for all season :thumb:

 

That was probably one of the best calls all day. It happened right in front of the official and he made the correct call. Faulkner went right after the Shelby Valley player and caught him with a forearm/elbow. Everyone in the building who was watching the game without having a dog in the fight, knew it was the correct call. Great call.

That was probably one of the best calls all day. It happened right in front of the official and he made the correct call. Faulkner went right after the Shelby Valley player and caught him with a forearm/elbow. Everyone in the building who was watching the game without having a dog in the fight, knew it was the correct call. Great call.

 

Not everyone in the building. I talked with two officials and two coaches who said the call was bogus. I didn't have a great vantage point, so I took their word for it.

 

Some thoughts:

 

* Justice is the real deal. Best player on the floor tonight. Great heart, great effort, and tons of talent. First time I've ever seen Ethan Faulkner get rattled, though he did gain his composure in the final couple of minutes.

 

* Ferguson & T. Knipp hit huge 3's at the end of the 3rd quarter that really turned the tide toward Elliott.

 

* Evan Faulkner looked really tired tonight. His shot was flat all night long.

 

* Elliott didn't play their best, but played well enough to win. Congrats on a hard fought victory.

That was probably one of the best calls all day. It happened right in front of the official and he made the correct call. Faulkner went right after the Shelby Valley player and caught him with a forearm/elbow. Everyone in the building who was watching the game without having a dog in the fight, knew it was the correct call. Great call.

 

Really? Well, I guess you saw something I didn't. May have happened. Not for me to say. Ethan's response was something like "Look at the clock... I'm smarter than that" ...and he is. I really look FWD to the video evidence from this call. I am confident that you are wrong.

That was probably one of the best calls all day. It happened right in front of the official and he made the correct call. Faulkner went right after the Shelby Valley player and caught him with a forearm/elbow. Everyone in the building who was watching the game without having a dog in the fight, knew it was the correct call. Great call.

 

The 50 people sitting around me also thought it was a bizarre crowd - and I was sitting in neutral territory. If that happened and that was the correct call, then that's great. I'm glad they managed to get at least one correct.

Really? Well, I guess you saw something I didn't. May have happened. Not for me to say. Ethan's response was something like "Look at the clock... I'm smarter than that" ...and he is. I really look FWD to the video evidence from this call. I am confident that you are wrong.

 

 

Actually, they did show it on the big screen and it was titled something like "Crazy play of the game"

Actually, they did show it on the big screen and it was titled something like "Crazy play of the game"

 

Really? I am disappointed with myself. I kept waiting for the replay--and it never came (well, I guess it did)!

 

...and I am not surprised that it won the title "Crazy," as that's what I was thinking.

Really? I am disappointed with myself. I kept waiting for the replay--and it never came (well, I guess it did)!

 

...and I am not surprised that it won the title "Crazy," as that's what I was thinking.

 

 

I thought it was the worst call I've ever seen, but I wasn't close to the court so I can't say I saw it perfectly.

Tonight was the worst game I've seen Elliott play in a long time.

 

I hear that comment almost every time EC plays a tough team. Shelby Valley is that good and that is why EC didn't look good. They are not going to be able to "look good" and do their thing against these tough teams like they have against many of the less competitive teams they played this year. They are always going to look worse against a tough opponent. They got the win tonight and that is what is important. I guarantee you they will not look that good tomorrow against Holmes. Their shooting percentage will be one of their lowest ones all season. But that doesn't mean they won't win. Limit the turnovers and hit the boards to keep second chance points away from Holmes. Then hope you hit enough shots to win.

I hear that comment almost every time EC plays a tough team. Shelby Valley is that good and that is why EC didn't look good. They are not going to be able to "look good" and do their thing against these tough teams like they have against many of the less competitive teams they played this year. They are always going to look worse against a tough opponent. They got the win tonight and that is what is important. I guarantee you they will not look that good tomorrow against Holmes. Their shooting percentage will be one of their lowest ones all season. But that doesn't mean they won't win. Limit the turnovers and hit the boards to keep second chance points away from Holmes. Then hope you hit enough shots to win.

 

Well if you guarantee it, I'll just stay home tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up :thumb:

Oh yeah, I wanted to add:

 

It never fails...I always get stuck beside that one idiot guy in the crowd that knows everything about basketball and talks out loud during the entire game. Tonight was no exception. The guy sitting behind me talked with the slowest, country accent I've ever heard and he talked out loud the entire game. He challenge every call, every decision and every mistake that was made the entire 32 minutes. The funny thing is that 90% of what he said was insanely wrong. I really did want to turn around and just choke him.

Well if you guarantee it, I'll just stay home tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up :thumb:

 

Don't stay home! They don't have to look good to win, just like tonight right?

Congrats to Elliot County on another sweet sixteen win :thumb:. Good luck on Saturday morning and hopefully Saturday night. Same post as yesterday Lions, keep your eye on the prize.

 

Suvive and Advance.:thumb:

 

 

Also, congrats to Shelby Valley on a great season. Hold your heads high, you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. With both of these schools being small schools I wish this one could have been in the State Championship game.

 

:thumb:

Don't stay home! They don't have to look good to win, just like tonight right?

 

All kidding aside, I'm actually really concerned about Elliott's legs tomorrow. They looked a little flat tonight and I'm worried about the quick turnaround tomorrow.

 

By the way, my daughter's birthday party is tomorrow, so I have to miss the game anyways :lol: I'm hoping Elliott wins so I have a good reason to watch the championship game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.