Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 75 Shelby Valley 69

Featured Replies

Justice vs. Faulkner was alot like watching Creed vs. Balboa

 

Exactly!:thumb:

  • Replies 79
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not affiliated with either team, but what I saw was 2 players getting their feet tangled up while running down the court. Why would you "intentionally" foul some one who had just inbounded the ball and is 80 feet from the basket when your up 8 points ? The call was ridiculous.:eek:

 

Amen:thumb:

And, adding to that, Ethan is one of the nicer kids you'll ever meet. It would be 100% out of character for him to intentionally elbow someone in the face.

 

I agree and in watching him play since 6th grade, I have never seen him intentionally foul anyone, never!

I'm not affiliated with either team, but what I saw was 2 players getting their feet tangled up while running down the court. Why would you "intentionally" foul some one who had just inbounded the ball and is 80 feet from the basket when your up 8 points ? The call was ridiculous.:eek:

 

Ethan is way to smart of a baskeball player to do something like this in such a game or any game for that matter. More than that believe it or not he understands and respects the game & his opponent way to much to do something like this intentionally! Plus the fact is this is just not Ethan, in all my years of watching him on & off the court I have never seen him mad, lose his composure or anything of the sort. Throw in the fact that he is to good of a kid and would never do anything like this intentionally. It is just not his personality!

Now that people can no longer throw the SV loss into our faces, I was wondering what they would come up with next. LOL. This is too funny.:D

I am going to preface this by saying that I cheered for Elliott in this one; so that the state could see the best matchup of the season in the second game of Session 7 tomorrow-Holmes vs. Elliott County. This isn't meant to make anyone mad or take away from what either team did, it is how I saw it, and it was an entertaining game until the very end.

 

1. Elisha Justice was the best player on the floor, plain and simple. He may have had an off night shooting, but he is the reason that they were in the game at all. He was a 1-man press breaker, made several amazing passes, all of the key rebounds, and broke his man down off the dribble almost every single time down the floor. I thought that nothing would beat Sanford's late-game heroics from yesterday, but Justice's performance to keep Valley in the game surpasses Sanford's.

 

2. Elliott wasn't going to lose that game, if the officials had any thing to do about it. And they did. I don't complain about referees or their officiating ever, but a lot of the calls were questionable at best. Valley was in the bonus FOUR MINUTES INTO THE SECOND HALF. At that point, I believe Elliott had 2 team fouls. There were some very ticky-tack calls, such as Justice's foul on Christopher Knipp, Knipp had already passed the ball away and was virtually out of the play. It appeared that Justice had hand checked him and was called for the foul. At this point, I believe Valley was up 3, I don't think that Knipp hit both free-throws, but even so, I don't believe in a game of this magnitude the call should have been made. There were also several instances in which Elliott County would have a shot blocked and a whistle blown. But then at the other end, the exact same thing would happen and play would go on. Also, when Ethan Faulkner took the charge in the fourth quarter, his feet were not set and a blocking foul should have been made in my opinion.

 

3. I can not wait until tomorrow morning when the two best teams in the State meet up. With all due respect to Central and West Jessamine, I believe your State Champion from 2009 will be the winner of Game Two of Session 7.

 

With all of this being said, congratulations to Elliott County. Your dreams live on for another day, all of your hard work is beginning to pay off and your goal is just two games, albeit tough games, away. And to Shelby Valley, congratulations on a great season, although it isn't ultimately what you wanted, you are All-A Champions, and I look for you all to be back in the State Tournament next year.

 

And to Elisha Justice, your performance from this state tournament has put you into the discussion as the favorite for next year's Mr. Basketball Award.

 

Good luck to West Jessamine, Louisville Central, Elliott County and Covington Holmes for getting this far. Congratulations on getting here, and realize that your goals are a little less than 24 hours away.

It seems your team is whoever is playing Elliott Co
You're entitled to your opinion. I don't have a dog in the fight.
First time I've seen Elliott play this year. There lack of depth (none) will hurt them against Holmes. They must have had an off night tonight, not impressed at all.

 

IMO humble at that, I must say What a silly silly comment that they did not impress you. I will give you the depth thing though!

You're entitled to your opinion. I don't have a dog in the fight.

 

Then I suppose my entitlement allows me to say IMO, you've been probably one of the 3 biggest fighters against Elliott in this forum all year if not the biggest!

First time I've seen Elliott play this year. There lack of depth (none) will hurt them against Holmes. They must have had an off night tonight, not impressed at all.

 

They defeated a top 5 team :confused:

Now that people can no longer throw the SV loss into our faces, I was wondering what they would come up with next. LOL. This is too funny.:D

 

you're right, that's why I praised Elliott and said that I rooted for them. It's time to drop this "Us against the World" crap. It gets old, your team has more exposure than any other school in Kentucky, you are playing on Saturday and you are in a position that only three other teams can say they are.

 

A lot of what it seems that you do is cry and if something doesn't go your way there is an excuse.

 

I said in my post that I rooted for Elliott and that I didn't mean to anger anyone or that there was anything against EC, it was just my point of View.

What usually doesnt go our way? And yes when we get hammered and told we cant beat anyone and that we will get nowhere as we have been told by the big school fans all year long, perhaps we do become a little defenseful. And the exposure is why we have so many Elliott haters. Again what was I crying about. Please tell me. What didnt go our way? You was the one crying that the refs "gave," Elliott the game. I think the problem is the fact that Elliott haters have nothing left to try and slam in our face and imagining things in their heads. But oh well. Sorry for the way you feel.:thumb:

you're right, that's why I praised Elliott and said that I rooted for them. It's time to drop this "Us against the World" crap. It gets old, your team has more exposure than any other school in Kentucky, you are playing on Saturday and you are in a position that only three other teams can say they are.

 

A lot of what it seems that you do is cry and if something doesn't go your way there is an excuse.

 

I said in my post that I rooted for Elliott and that I didn't mean to anger anyone or that there was anything against EC, it was just my point of View.

Then I suppose my entitlement allows me to say IMO, you've been probably one of the 3 biggest fighters against Elliott in this forum all year if not the biggest!
Hardly ... you must have me confused with someone else.
Oh yeah, I wanted to add:

 

It never fails...I always get stuck beside that one idiot guy in the crowd that knows everything about basketball and talks out loud during the entire game. Tonight was no exception. The guy sitting behind me talked with the slowest, country accent I've ever heard and he talked out loud the entire game. He challenge every call, every decision and every mistake that was made the entire 32 minutes. The funny thing is that 90% of what he said was insanely wrong. I really did want to turn around and just choke him.

 

So what does the country accent have to do with anything??

I didn't know what he shot, but I knew he missed a lot of shots. Hes a great player, but I didn't think he set the world on fire either last night. He plays hard and is a nice guard. If I was Morehead St. Id be all over him.

 

I thought Ferguson took a lot of bad shots, particularly in the 1st half. I believe it kindof kept Elliott from getting a really big lead going into the half. He must have the ultimate green light.

 

Yes, Justice is a great player and yes his shooting was off last night. Great players have off shooting nights too....also, Florida or Arkansas will be very lucky to get him...or maybe even Kentucky if Billy G is smart enough. There are not many Justice players out there....he is one of a kind.

I thought it was the worst call I've ever seen, but I wasn't close to the court so I can't say I saw it perfectly.

 

I thought that Justice's acting job earned that one. Can't say it was truly intentional, but the kid did a great job of selling it in front of the official.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.