Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Opinion on the situation...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pre-Kentucky, why was he seen as a Great Recruiter, no ones ever been able to answer that.

He's a hard worker as a recruiter. But then again, Todd Coffey works hard on the mound. It doesn't mean he's a good pitcher.

I think Tubby's staff the last few years eventually cost him his job. They got lazy and the improvement stopped. There appears to be no improvement with this team yet we hear nothing about his staff.

He's a hard worker as a recruiter. But then again, Todd Coffey works hard on the mound. It doesn't mean he's a good pitcher.

 

I think that's the key. People were so upset with the seemingly lazy attitude the previous staff had exhibited on the recruiting trail that when they saw a guy absolutely busting his tail to recruit, they immediately thought "great!" So it was a matter of raising expectations from nothing. But it's becoming evident that some of these recruits really aren't that great of basketball players.

I was perusing several old threads today and came across several that LABS started about big targets for BCG in the past year. Very, very few picked Kentucky. People can knock the old coach, but the story the way I understand it is that when Reggie got lazy and lost Hansbrough and Wright to UNC, it was Tubby that hit the trail and handled most of the hands-on recruiting for Meeks, Jasper, Stevenson, Porter, Harris, and Coury. All five started for BCG last year and four are still in the starting lineup a year later, ahead of BCG's freshman and JUCO recruits.

 

I can work hard to push my car out of my driveway and spend all day doing it. But if I don't move the car by day's end, I've done the same thing as my lazy neighbor who has sat on the couch all day watching Oprah and eating Cheetos.

On top of losing, he is being a jerk in the process. That is his biggest problem.

 

That's my problem with him.

Something is amiss.

I'm paddling hard but something has gone awry over the last few weeks. There is more talent there than to be 19-12 at this stage.

I cant put a finger on it.

BCG seriously hasn't lost the idea of how to coach. His methods havent changed...so what is it?

They have two really good players, but they don't have a floor leader whatsoever.

There is no one to direct traffic...no on the court leader.

There is a certain deficit in shooters, and slashers. They are not very quick.

They turn the ball over at an alarming rate and that is a big issue.

Still they are a fairly good defensive team...I think they led the SEC in defensive FG pct.

He rarely gets any consistency from the same people off the bench.

On the flip side, players have not progressed. Some have regressed. Is it playing in fear of making a mistake and getting yanked. Is it the inflexibility of allowing players to play through mistakes and start a lineup that does not include a player that played nearly 30 minutes with no points a few assists and a turnover....which equals running around a lot.

Is it the inflexibility of not tweaking things on offense and defense.

Is it trying to mold youth for the future?

I dont know, it is puzzling...has he not handled a young team very well?

A lot of questions with so few answers.

 

I'm telling you, he has lost this team. They are no longer on the same page with BCG.

Everyone is upset. Seventy percent of Kentucky fans want Gillispie gone and are highly upset about the turn of events that have plagued this seasons end.

 

 

 

I'm just wondering how in the world you got the stat that 70% of Kentucky fans want Gillispie gone. That must have been a ton of work polling all of the UK fans. :scared:

I completely disagree. Liggins is a head case yes, but the guy is a flat out stud. Let him run the offense all year, and this team is playing in the dance, guaranteed.

What has Liggins done at any point in this season to make you think he is a stud?

The above quote, posted by you, GameTime, on 6/27/07...

 

Well.. someone like you.. you get the point! :sssh:

 

I saw his skills from when I watched him as a wing player that could pass and distribute. Mainly because he was a rock head and didn't have the mentality to run the show.

 

I was right. Remind me. Did Gillispie use him as a 3 at all this year???

  • Author
I saw his skills from when I watched him as a wing player that could pass and distribute. Mainly because he was a rock head and didn't have the mentality to run the show.

 

I was right. Remind me. Did Gillispie use him as a 3 at all this year???

 

Has anyone ever questioned the position he was used at? No.

 

You can't turn this into something that it isn't. The point is he wasn't recruited to Kentucky as the savior at point guard, like I said all along.

The point is he wasn't recruited to Kentucky as the savior at point guard, like I said all along.

 

He was recruited as a 3 year starter before Jasper left. Your spin on this is simply comical...

  • Author
He was recruited as a 3 year starter before Jasper left. Your spin on this is simply comical...

 

My spin? First, you claim that he was recruited as a starter because of what was said. Which I later showed that you said coaches say whatever it takes.

 

Then, you claim that you thought he should be a SF, something I never mentioned.

 

You are introducing the spin, sir, not me.

My spin? First, you claim that he was recruited as a starter because of what was said. Which I later showed that you said coaches say whatever it takes.

 

Then, you claim that you thought he should be a SF, something I never mentioned.

 

You are introducing the spin, sir, not me.

You said they recruited him for DEPTH. Then went in to some crazy "savior" talk.

 

Bottom line. He was landed early. He most certainly was recruited to be the long term answer at PG and especially once Jasper left. Tell yourself whatever you need to get you through the day from there...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.