Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Opinion on the situation...

Featured Replies

  • Author

I am pulling this from elsewhere, but I think it is perfectly put:

 

1. Rebuilding is "real" - most fans don't understand that

2. No Senior leadership

3. Team rarely played "smart" - but (for next year) experience makes players "smarter"

4. Never believed in "defense" - kept thinking they could win it on "offense" (now they know)

5. Desperation in late recruiting (Harrellson, Galloway, Williams) never panned out

6. Freshmen never developed - Miller, Liggins

7. Perry and Porter - too criticially important positions with limited potential players

8. No Lead Guard - we had no leaders at all

9. Patrick lost confidence in teammates - no assists - forced shots

10. Meeks can't create off the dribble - needs a screen - other teams understood this - forced shots

 

The bold is what I agree with most. I think with freshmen, you get up and down and I don't think you can say they really didn't develop.

 

The late recruiting aspect is 50/50 with me. I don't think any of them were really expected to do TOO much. I expected a little more, however, out of the three.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he was a great recruiter.

  • Author

Also from elsewhere, but strongly agree:

 

My thoughts are this team really lost it's identity when Jodie started going off and scoring so many points. It seemed to turn into the "What will Jodie do next show". Before his breakout, he had some off games with a lot of shots as well. I still think Patterson should be your first option and run the ball through him to Meeks. They are two of the better players in the league and would be one heck of an inside outside punch if used that way. Sometimes it seems Patterson gets lost in the offense and the team doesn't look for him. It may sound bad, but I would ride him until he couldn't go anymore. Doing that will open it up for Jodie and really make you guys a tough team.

 

I also think this team lacks confidence. I'm not saying all the individuals do, but as a unit. I think they struggle with finding the right combinations and substitution patterns. Players seem scared to make a mistake which makes you play tighter and typically leads to poorer decisions and more turnovers.

I am pulling this from elsewhere, but I think it is perfectly put:

 

1. Rebuilding is "real" - most fans don't understand that

2. No Senior leadership

3. Team rarely played "smart" - but (for next year) experience makes players "smarter"

4. Never believed in "defense" - kept thinking they could win it on "offense" (now they know)

5. Desperation in late recruiting (Harrellson, Galloway, Williams) never panned out

6. Freshmen never developed - Miller, Liggins

7. Perry and Porter - too criticially important positions with limited potential players

8. No Lead Guard - we had no leaders at all

9. Patrick lost confidence in teammates - no assists - forced shots

10. Meeks can't create off the dribble - needs a screen - other teams understood this - forced shots

 

The bold is what I agree with most. I think with freshmen, you get up and down and I don't think you can say they really didn't develop.

 

The late recruiting aspect is 50/50 with me. I don't think any of them were really expected to do TOO much. I expected a little more, however, out of the three.

 

I have heard you say other places that Tubby lost 10 games his third year. Who were the seniors on that team?

  • Author
I have heard you say other places that Tubby lost 10 games his third year. Who were the seniors on that team?

 

If I wanted to go back and check, I would. But that's not important to me. I was just stating the facts.

If I wanted to go back and check, I would. But that's not important to me. I was just stating the facts.

 

Ok I was checking.

He swung and missed on Liggins bottom line... Next. It happens to the best of them sometimes. Maybe he's not the great recruiter we all think he is. Little to early to judge still IMO.

 

I completely disagree. Liggins is a head case yes, but the guy is a flat out stud. Let him run the offense all year, and this team is playing in the dance, guaranteed.

Pre-Kentucky, why was he seen as a Great Recruiter, no ones ever been able to answer that.

Pre-Kentucky, why was he seen as a Great Recruiter, no ones ever been able to answer that.

 

He wasn't. At least not by me. I still don't think he is either. He's better than Tubby at it, but isn't anywhere close to what many think he is.

Pre-Kentucky, why was he seen as a Great Recruiter, no ones ever been able to answer that.

 

:thumb::thumb:

I am not sure you want to keep him or get rid of him at this point. They are stuck with what I think might be at least one more sub par year. If Meeks or Patterson either or both leave it could be real ugly. I think progress needs to be made next year or then something is a miss. He lost this team this year and that is something that should be taken lightly.

He swung and missed on Liggins bottom line... Next. It happens to the best of them sometimes. Maybe he's not the great recruiter we all think he is. Little to early to judge still IMO.

 

I agree, he had to have a PG and thought he was getting a good one. It's the highest ranked player he could get at the position. He didn't have the luxury that some schools do when they miss. He didn't have an answer if he missed. It's pretty clear that they are terrible at the pg spot and that is why they struggle so badly at times.

Pre-Kentucky, why was he seen as a Great Recruiter, no ones ever been able to answer that.

 

I agree, but he seems to be pretty good at it which is all that matters. He needs some luck, but they could be very good next year if they they get anything from the pg spot.

everyone talks about him being a great recruiter? If he is so great why are those freshmen riding the pine?

everyone talks about him being a great recruiter? If he is so great why are those freshmen riding the pine?

 

Only 2 count IMO and one isn't good and the other is the first player off the bench. He missed on Liggins.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.