Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"That's not a good question"

Featured Replies

I defended BCG the first time he did this. I'll admit it.

BUT, since then, the act has became very old. I heard he did it again last night with Tom Leach when asked why Meeks sat.

Did anyone hear it happen?

Tom's was a legitimate question, considering that no one not named Meeks or PP seemed to know where they were or what they were doing last night.

Does he really believe this or is he acting like a punky 6 year old just to be doing it?

He is a punk, always has been, always will be. I hope he sticks around at UK long enough for them to just fire him..

I heard it...And I did not like it myself...I would love to see/hear someone come right back at him...:thumb:

  • Author

Well, I was just thinking that, based on how this year is playing out, why should he be suprised when someone asks about a top 5 national scorer when they speak to him and why be suprised when asked why said top 5 national scorer is on the bench in a game where you need scoring.

 

Spurrier and Knight get/got raw with the media, but they were winning and sometimes had reasons to, for obviously stupid questions.

 

BCG is not succeeding and when he is asked about one of the only consistent scorers he has, he gets raw with them. it just confuses me. He needs to learn that, like it or not, he is at the "fish bowl" that is UK Basketball and that this is part of the job. I don't condone what he did to ESPN's reporter, but you definitely do not do it to YOUR OWN radio guy. IF this had been Cawood Ledford he did it to, there would probably been a very ugly scene in SC over it.

He often replies, with you may not like the answer but I will tell you how I feel. I've not heard or seen the comments, to the ESPN report or Leach so not sure.

 

What he does need to learn, is saying "They had a Point Guard and we didn't", isn't totally the fault of the player. He can make other choices, substitutions and adjustments.

 

Losing and winning can be tolerated but being condescending publicly, about your own players is never a good thing.

I heard and didn't think nothing of it.

I thought he was being very truthful, and I thought he went out of his way to make sure that Tom was not offended by his response.

People are failing to see where the breakdowns are occurring and right now a large part is that Patterson is getting no help in the interior. 21, 55, and 15 stunk it up last night.

BCG is most perturbed with Stevenson...he lamented it at the presser on Tuesday and the other post players turned right around and did exactly what he said couldnt happen the day before.

Sure Jodie sat, he wasnt passing the ball and did a poor job defensively. However, they got bombed on the offensive glass again. It all rolled down hill when SC got like 4 offensive rebounds and ended up nailing a three...

I heard and didn't think nothing of it.

I thought he was being very truthful, and I thought he went out of his way to make sure that Tom was not offended by his response.

People are failing to see where the breakdowns are occurring and right now a large part is that Patterson is getting no help in the interior. 21, 55, and 15 stunk it up last night.

BCG is most perturbed with Stevenson...he lamented it at the presser on Tuesday and the other post players turned right around and did exactly what he said couldnt happen the day before.

Sure Jodie sat, he wasnt passing the ball and did a poor job defensively. However, they got bombed on the offensive glass again. It all rolled down hill when SC got like 4 offensive rebounds and ended up nailing a three...

 

:thumb: My thoughts exactly.

So people are upset at him for not bashing Meeks last night which was deserved, but are upset that he bashed other players. Not people on this thread but it's being talked about elsewhere. He's in a no win situation. Meeks forced too much last night and like labs said he was bad on defense. When he sat they had no chance at winning the game, yet when BCG doesn't come out and say "honestly he was terrible on D and he forced way too much even dribbling into the D instead of pulling up or dishing" he's a bad guy. I really hope when they are good the next two years all these people w/ all of these questions and answers aren't firmly on the wagon.

So people are upset at him for not bashing Meeks last night which was deserved, but are upset that he bashed other players. Not people on this thread but it's being talked about elsewhere. He's in a no win situation. Meeks forced too much last night and like labs said he was bad on defense. When he sat they had no chance at winning the game, yet when BCG doesn't come out and say "honestly he was terrible on D and he forced way too much even dribbling into the D instead of pulling up or dishing" he's a bad guy. I really hope when they are good the next two years all these people w/ all of these questions and answers aren't firmly on the wagon.

 

:thumb: Excellent post!

My problem with BCG is that he has no problem telling other people how to do their job, yet doesn’t seem to be doing his very well...

Seems like we just got a influx of scientists here in Kentucky, because BCG has been under the microscope an awful lot here lately.

Edited by dolamite

I really want BCG to succeed but at UK you must win. If you are nice and lose you will eventually get the noose around your neck but if you are surly and curt AND lose the former is preferred over the latter. I think there is a method to his madness and he will be a success; his past has proven this to be the case. I DON'T understand why he wants to mess in his own bed with Leach. I haven't figured him out yet. For that matter, I haven't figured out the SC game yet either.

I listened to the post game show and thought Billy Clyde was oh so very close to telling Tom Leach he was posing a dumb question, but those words, ultimately, did not come out of his mouth.

 

He did throw Josh Harrellson, Perry Stevenson, and A.J. Stewart under the bus and commented that he was sick of them not helping out "Pat" and he wasn't going to tolerate it anymore.

 

One thing I did question from the post game interview on the radio and again in the Lexington Herald article on Thursday was that Billy Clyde indicated that Patrick Patterson had "a great game" and that his effort in the game was "courageous".

 

He wasn't watching the same game that I was, evidently. What I saw was Patrick Patterson getting his shot blocked seven or more times and getting pushed well under the defensive boards so as to have a South Carolina jump over him and slam in a rebound. This was not Patrick Patterson's best game.

 

Patrick always plays with hustle and determination, but what was Billy Clyde trying to accomplish with his erroneous critique of Patrick Patterson's game against the Gamecocks?

  • Author

Ricky P put Mash on a pedestal when he was here, so BCG has dug it out for PP.

Patterson is a great player and is BCG's pick of the litter.

I listened to the post game show and thought Billy Clyde was oh so very close to telling Tom Leach he was posing a dumb question, but those words, ultimately, did not come out of his mouth.

 

He did throw Josh Harrellson, Perry Stevenson, and A.J. Stewart under the bus and commented that he was sick of them not helping out "Pat" and he wasn't going to tolerate it anymore.

 

One thing I did question from the post game interview on the radio and again in the Lexington Herald article on Thursday was that Billy Clyde indicated that Patrick Patterson had "a great game" and that his effort in the game was "courageous".

 

He wasn't watching the same game that I was, evidently. What I saw was Patrick Patterson getting his shot blocked seven or more times and getting pushed well under the defensive boards so as to have a South Carolina jump over him and slam in a rebound. This was not Patrick Patterson's best game.

 

Patrick always plays with hustle and determination, but what was Billy Clyde trying to accomplish with his erroneous critique of Patrick Patterson's game against the Gamecocks?

 

And I don't like it when he does that. He should be more reserved in his comments on the post-game about his kids.

I think he needs to self evaluate his own methods and techniques right now. He may discover that he needs to throw himself under the bus.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.