Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"That's not a good question"

Featured Replies

And I don't like it when he does that. He should be more reserved in his comments on the post-game about his kids.

I think he needs to self evaluate his own methods and techniques right now. He may discover that he needs to throw himself under the bus.

 

Does anyone remember when Pitino sat Antione Walker for almost the entire second half against Mississippi State in the SEC tourney? That was a game UK lost in 1996.

 

I feel like this is no different. Aside from the fact that this team doesn't even compare in talent level.

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Teams that are good from the perimeter kill UK. Our perimeter defense is terrible.

 

Plus, I've been down on Stevenson for quite some time. He has been very, very weak the whole season. A guy with his size and the playing time he gets should have no problem getting rebounds and put backs.

 

I know LABS said "boxing out" is overrated on the college level, well I have to disagree. Boxing out gets you into position, and Stevenson has constantly been out of position.

Does anyone remember when Pitino sat Antione Walker for almost the entire second half against Mississippi State in the SEC tourney? That was a game UK lost in 1996.

 

I feel like this is no different. Aside from the fact that this team doesn't even compare in talent level.

 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Teams that are good from the perimeter kill UK. Our perimeter defense is terrible.

 

Plus, I've been down on Stevenson for quite some time. He has been very, very weak the whole season. A guy with his size and the playing time he gets should have no problem getting rebounds and put backs.

 

I know LABS said "boxing out" is overrated on the college level, well I have to disagree. Boxing out gets you into position, and Stevenson has constantly been out of position.

I saw LABS reference to boxing out being overrated and I totally disagree.

 

Roy Williams at North Carolina teaches that when defending and facing an opponent:

 

Forearm to the chest, butt to the thigh and retrieve the ball.

 

Proper boxing out all but eliminates the offensive player from getting any rebound with the exception of a very long one coming of the rim.

 

It is not overrated just underused!

Edited by STRIKE3
edited Rule #8 content

  • Author

I agree.

Everyone we play, or at least have played lately, understands Offensive rebounding well enough. PLUS, how many times have you seen us shoot the thing this year with NO ONE in a friendly uniform near the basket?

This is just not a good thread.... haha. Some had to do it :D

  • Author

Well, that's just not a good post.:lol:

Yeah, I think this one has ran it's course.:isurrender:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.