Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

District Upset Predictions

Featured Replies

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hazard will win the 14th region, but they had better be ready for Buckhorn in the 1st round of the 54th District. If Hazard has a let down and Buckhorn gets hot from 3 point land, like they often do, then the Bulldogs could be sent home early.

Are we sure this would be an upset?

 

Its not. It shouldn't take an 8th region guru to figure it out.

 

How about Oldham and North Oldham the first round? Not playing their best ball by far. Oldham seems to be way down this year. Analysis?

Its not. It shouldn't take an 8th region guru to figure it out.

 

How about Oldham and North Oldham the first round? Not playing their best ball by far. Oldham seems to be way down this year. Analysis?

 

Who plays who first round in the Oldham district?

Who plays who first round in the Oldham district?

 

Not for sure. Waiting for the Colonel to break it down. He feels confident. I think Oldham plays South and North plays Trimble.

Its not. It shouldn't take an 8th region guru to figure it out.

 

How about Oldham and North Oldham the first round? Not playing their best ball by far. Oldham seems to be way down this year. Analysis?

 

Oldham doesn't play North Oldham in the first round.

 

29th District

 

#1 North Oldham vs. #4 Trimble County Tue 2/24

#2 South Oldham vs. #3 Oldham County Wed 2/25

 

Oldham is down this year; best talent is coming up. North should beat Trimble handily, but South vs. Oldham is a real toss-up.

 

As I cover all three Oldham schools, I guess you could say I'm confident, but about which team? :lol:

 

Seriously, I've seen all four 29th teams quite a bit this year. Trimble would have had a much better chance if they could have knocked off South and avoided North in the first round. The North - Trimble matchup is just not a good one for them. On the other hand, they beat Oldham in Dec. and trailed South by just one when Austin Bowling hit a 3/4 court shot at the buzzer to end the third, giving South a 4 point edge and a surge of momentum that carried them to a lopsided win in the 4th period.

 

A North - South final would hinge on South's shooting. North's defense has been somewhat porous this year, and South is quite capable of shooting the lights out with several top-tier perimeter shooters. But if the Dragons' shooting eye is off...

 

A North - Oldham County final would hinge a lot on Oldham's ability to prevent the Mustangs from running. North got into transition far too easily in the regular season meeting.

 

Trimble would need quite an upset to knock off North, but if they could do so, they have a shot at winning the district, as the difference between Trimble / South / Oldham is not so great as in past years.

Brossert over Campbell County

Here's a thought for you: #4 seed Williamstown vs. #1 seed Simon Kenton in the 32nd.

 

I'm not predicting a Demon upset, but consider...

 

- SK, despite the #1 seed, is definitely down this year.

- Despite their ability to compete with anyone - such as Holmes - on any given night, the Pioneers live and die by the three. Such teams are capable of winning when a big underdog - and losing when a big favorite.

- the 32nd district will be played in the Williamstown gym - a tremendous home court advantage for the Demons.

- The Demons have won more games this year than in the last three combined, I think, and have enough confidence to be dangerous...

- Finally, when was the last time SK lost to Williamstown? Was Roosevelt prez? All streaks come to an end sometime, and SK might just be an itty-bitty bit overconfident, which is very dangerous when you're not up to your usual level...

 

Again, I'm not sure I'd pick against SK, but there's an awful lot of indicators that say that this might be an upset special...

Pendleton County over Host Harrison County in the 38th.

I am not sure if it will happen, but if East were to beat Elliott I think it would be one of the biggest in the state this year. It would be one of the biggest ever in the history of the 62nd in the eyes of a lot of people.

I can guarantee one district with no upsets. :popcorn:The 31st.

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

 

Tell me about it!!!

Bourbon County at home over Montgomery County.

 

With Rash hurt this could be a possibility.

 

I pointed this out in another thread as well - Montgomery Co beat Bourbon Co by about 20 or 25 in the final game of the Scott Co Toyota Classic and that game was without Rash.

I pointed this out in another thread as well - Montgomery Co beat Bourbon Co by about 20 or 25 in the final game of the Scott Co Toyota Classic and that game was without Rash.[/quote]

 

 

I read that other thread...but only after I had posted in this one. :D Best of luck to all and let the games begin.

Pendleton County over Host Harrison County in the 38th.

 

You know this is a Homer prediction:clap:

 

Good luck!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.