Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 77 Tennessee 58

Featured Replies

The funny thing is I could see this team beating SC, LSU and Florida and slipping up and losing to GA. I am not saying that is going to happen, but with how this year has been I could see that.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see 3 more wins including the SEC Tournament and Uk gets in.

UT? The team that beat the #2 team in the Big East by 12?
They won't end up #2....

Nice to see Porter, Miller and Stewart contributing, UT was focused to shut down Meeks, and they did a nice job. UT has no perimeter game, and it baffles me that a player the size of Chism thinks that he's a three point shooter. Patterson looked very good, you wouldn't even know he busted his ankle two games ago, the dunk on the Liggins assist was sweet. Now the question is can they go into Columbia and come away with a win?

They won't end up #2....

 

They have UCONN, UL, and Pitt in their next three... yikes.

Darius played out of his mind.

Darius played out of his mind.

 

Perhaps he has been playing out of his mind with the way he has been scared to shoot. He looked like the confident, smart Darius that we all watched in high school. This game he played with confidence and it paid off.

He has been playing with a little more confidence ever game, and this game he just said "I need to step up." He did, and won the game for us I believe. Porter also did great.

ESPN just said that UK with Patterson and Meeks is not only a tournament team, but a very dangerous tournament team :thumb:

ESPN just said that UK with Patterson and Meeks is not only a tournament team, but a very dangerous tournament team :thumb:

 

:scared:

ESPN just said that UK with Patterson and Meeks is not only a tournament team, but a very dangerous tournament team :thumb:

 

With the way they played today, they are dangerous. BUT, can they have back to back good games?

 

BCG brought that up in his post game today. Said he really likes the way his team played with a healthy Patterson. And that he thinks this victory is going to help them be successful in their near future. I hope he's right.

I'm not going to predict any Final Fours or anything at this point, but one observation - Patterson was not healthy for a long time. I think his finger was a bigger issue than was announced to the public. He was a totally different player today and if that continues, this is a much better team than what we've see lately.

I'm not going to predict any Final Fours or anything at this point, but one observation - Patterson was not healthy for a long time. I think his finger was a bigger issue than was announced to the public. He was a totally different player today and if that continues, this is a much better team than what we've see lately.

I would like to agree, but we need to see repeat performances before we can go into that. Patterson was huge, but I think the contributions the rest of the team gave today was every bit as big if not bigger. UK needs them to do that to be dangerous. If the team we saw today shows up often, then yes, they can do a few things.

1. Darius Miller came to play, this guy has what it takes. He is going to be a special player at UK.

 

2. Meeks didn't do alot of scoring but the UT D was all over him he got other players involved.

 

3. PP ankle looks fine, he was a beast today.

 

4. Boy or boy how Tennesee misses Lofton!

 

5. BCG 3-1 vs UT.

 

6. UT is a NIT team.

 

7. If Porter plays well UK is a solid team.

 

8. If UK plays 40 min of solid D this team is tough.

 

Millers FGM 6/6 FT 2/2 3's 3/3 17 points

Hopson FGM 6/14 FT 0/0 3's 2/6

 

I LOVE the bench when Carter scored they all were going crazy.

 

UK is playing with emotion right now.

 

LETS HOPE WE CAN KEEP THIS UP AND WIN AT SC!

 

Miller was huge today. I have said for a while that I think Miller may have the best overall game of any of UK players. All he needed was confidence.

He can run the 1 in a pinch, has a good handle, Does little things to get himself open...a hesitation here, ball fake here...defends well and can get on the glass.

I have dubbed Pearl the "one trick pony". The last two years they have relied on their press and making threes...they miss Lofton and JuJuan Smith. Both could shoot and they bailed them out quite a bit.

Don't bury UT yet. They have a really favorable RPI.

Hopson is all offense and no defense. Very surprised they let him guard Porter because he does not pressure the ball.

 

I don't think UK's defense was any factor in the win. Tennessee just can't shoot from outside.

I thought UK's first shot defense was really good. Kept defenders in front of UT penetration particularly Tyler Smith.

 

Two plus a win in the SEC tournament would probably do it.

I think if UK can beat LSU and Georgia, and maybe one on the SECT, they are in.

 

ESPN just said that UK with Patterson and Meeks is not only a tournament team, but a very dangerous tournament team :thumb:

That was SVP. He likes UK and posts on the rivals board every now and them.

 

Where are the BCG bashers? When you make shots everyone looks better.

I really liked the ball reversal today.

UK began to slip screens today and found the open player.

Meeks didnt have a great shooting night but was pretty solid.

Meeks didnt have a great shooting night but was pretty solid.

 

I beleive BCG used the way that Pearl and UT were defending Meeks to UK's advantage. BCG knew (IMO) that after Meeks's big time game in Knoxville that UT would key on him, big time. UT used a couple different looks, with the zone defense. Looked like BCG would just send Meeks to the corner and play a little 4 on 4.

 

Patterson was a machine. Miller was awesome. Harris finally hit a three ball.

 

Still a little upset with Stevenson's game. Just seems to me that a guy who plays as much as he does would contribute a little better on the offensive end. To me, when he is in the game, you just never notice him. I just feel like UK could get some more out of him.

 

But all in all, I was very happy with the effort, maybe except on the defensive boards. I just hope this is a sign of things to come.

 

I still think UK has a little bit more work than most think. USC, LSU and Florida aren't going to be easy games. I still think this team has a case of being "bipolar", but hey they are young and that is the way young teams play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.