February 20, 200917 yr I saw this little game on Facebook that offers a unique (but random) way to name your mythical band, find the title of your first album and even discover the cover art. I did this, and the results were eerily accurate. Here's what you do: 1 - Go to Wikipedia. Hit “random... Read More” or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random The first random Wikipedia article that comes up is the name of your band. 2 - Go to Quotations Page and select "random quotations" or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 The last four or five words of the very LAST quote on the page is the title of your first album. 3 - Go to Flickr and click on “explore the last seven days” or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days The third picture in the top row, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. 4. Post your results here. --------------------------------------------------------------------- My bands name will be "Equisetum Variegatum". (It means "variegated horsetail." That seems about right. ) Our first album will be "Bright Loveliness in the Eternal Cold," which actually sounds kind of cool. Here is our album cover. This not only goes perfectly with the album title, it's also funny on several levels.
February 20, 200917 yr My band is Grand Union Canal. My album is Stead for General Consumption My album cover is not fully done yet, because my computer at work blocks the site.
February 20, 200917 yr Mine was: Group: Andre's Cabrero Album: Proof That They Were Busy Cover: I could not capture the image, but it was a woman in a long dress sitting on the floor with her head down, crying and holding a rose. I guess it goes along with them being busy......
February 20, 200917 yr Group: I did it four times ... the first time I got Brett Williams, an English soccer player. Then it was Franklin Sands, a guy that lost a lot of money in Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme. Then it was Pennsylvania Route 532, and the fourth time it was Koloni, Koutiala, a city in Africa. Album: I did love this one ... Fair Chance at Being Incompetent.
February 20, 200917 yr Author Group: I did it four times ... the first time I got Brett Williams, an English soccer player. Then it was Franklin Sands, a guy that lost a lot of money in Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme. Then it was Pennsylvania Route 532, and the fourth time it was Kolon, Koutiala, a city in Africa. Album: I did love this one ... Fair Chance at Being Incompetent. You're only supposed to do it once, Brett. What did your album cover look like?
February 20, 200917 yr You're only supposed to do it one, Brett. What did your album cover look like? Give him a break. His first album explains why he had so many problems coming up with a band name. :lol:
February 20, 200917 yr Give him a break. His first album explains why he had so many problems coming up with a band name. :lol:Just be glad Corey Patterson didn't come up ... it would fit so well. :lol:
February 20, 200917 yr Band Name: Drum Corps Associates Album Name: Applying the Wrong Remedy Album cover is a wet, red flower, but I can't get it to post. I love the band and album names - very cool!
February 20, 200917 yr Band Name: Triple Alliance Album Name: The history of music... and of aviation. I can't go to the last site...so I'll have to do that later.
February 20, 200917 yr Band name: Gmina Szastarka Album: Continued Immaturity Followed by Death Cover was a picture of a young lady's forehead and eyes.
February 20, 200917 yr Author Band Name: Yoshihiro Kitazawa Album: Let the reader catch his own breath Well, they got the album art right.
February 20, 200917 yr Band Name: Surrender Album: The Reverse side also has a reverse side ..... (great for old cassette tapes) Picture: A women (can't see her face) in a winter coat with a camera around her neck, standing on railroad tracks, with some snow on the ground.
February 20, 200917 yr Band name: Weldmesh is the term given to the kind of barrier fencing that is manufactured in square or rectangular mesh from steel wire, welded at each intersection. It is usually affixed to steel uprights. Weldmesh is a relatively cheap fencing solution but has the advantage over chainlink wire of not bending so easily and not being so easily cut. It is therefore ideal where a low level of security is required but where chainlink fencing is too easily overcome. Weldmesh is also sometime used in reinforcing the reinforced cement concrete works. First Album: A smudge on the collective unconscious Album Cover:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.