Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UNC 101 Duke 87

Featured Replies

I agree that Carolina and UConn seem to be the top two teams in the nation, however tonight showed me that Duke "can" beat any team.....I like to see that in February.

 

I agree w/ you here and that's been my point. Duke is good, and very capable of beating any team in the country. But they aren't good enough to win the title. The problem for me w/ Duke is they could find a team like Nova or Marquette waiting for them in the second round and they will be pushed to the limit and have to execute and shoot well from game two on. They are more likely to lose in the second round than say UConn, UNC, or Oklahoma.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankfully I never have to guard Ty Lawson.

As much as I can't stand Duke and Duke Vitale, I have as much disdain for the Tarheels!

UNC goes into Cameron and lays the smack down...Best team in the country when they decide to play a little D...Hansbrough inches closer to Redick's record. :dancingpa

 

Last time Duke gave up 100 was in '05.

 

UNC has now won 4 in a row at Duke

 

There was actual defense played in this game? Coulda fooled me …

You have to be kidding me.....people were slipping and sliding all over the court tonight, the ball was slipping through hands.....it is CLEARLY obvious his hand slipped off the ball....

 

He obviously meant to throw the elbow, no way his arm goes back that far or up that high if his hand just slipped off the ball.

IMO, Duke doesn't stand a chance to win a championship this year. But I do think they have a good shot at getting to the Final Four.

 

I'm going to predict Duke's season will end in the Elite Eight (MARK IT DOWN)!:D

IMO, Duke doesn't stand a chance to win a championship this year. But I do think they have a good shot at getting to the Final Four.

 

I'm going to predict Duke's season will end in the Elite Eight (MARK IT DOWN)!:D

 

That's a pretty safe bet

There was actual defense played in this game? Coulda fooled me …

I thought the half court D was solid. The transition D was pretty bad. But in the half court, I thought both teams executed well, just at times both teams could not miss- in the first half, Fraser and Thompson for UNC and Scheyer and Paulus for Duke; and in the second half, Lawson for UNC and Singler for Duke.

Tonight showed that UNC is the best team in the land IMO and that, if Duke is cold from beyond the arc, they are not a top 10 team.

I'm a big UNC fan, but I'll still give the edge to UCONN. Duke didn't play a 40 minute game (now whether they can or not is another argument) but UNC showed some weakness. When Duke took their lead, UNC was taking some terrible shots- like 7 seconds into the shot clock, off-balance, with guys on them. You can't do that, especially when you are not at home.

 

On one hand, I'd like to say that coming into Duke and winning 4 straight years exhibits a lot of mental toughness, but this Hansborough/Green/Lawson/Ellington combo has, over the past 2-4 years, shown a real willingness to get rid of their momentum with 8 or so bad shots and worse possessions in a row. With discipline- Hansborough and Lawson taking it to the whole, and Ellington and Green not chucking up quick 3's and off-balance runners, this team is unstoppable- I don't even care how much defense they decide to play (of course, good D can make up for their offensive lapses :D). But Lawson is so quick, and Hansborough's ability to either finish with 2 points or get to the line are both very finely honed skills that are difficult for anyone in the country to stop.

 

Paulus is the heart & soul of the Duke team. I haven't watched enough to say for sure, maybe he provides a spark, but I don't see much of a reason why he isn't starting, and I assume he will continue to. Nolan Smith, IMO, is more of a slasher anyways then a distributor.

Duke can't guard really good guards. Its a big achilles heel for them. Teague and Lawson are nightmare matchups for the Blue Devils. Really teams with a lot of athleticism gives them problems.

Here's a clip of the elbow that Hansbrough took.

 

I'm one of the few that believe that when Hansbrough had his nose busted by Henderson that it was intentional.

 

However, I think this was accidental. Otherwise, you give Singler way too much credit for being able to to make it look so accidental. His hand was clearly trying to jerk the ball away and when it came off his arm shot back.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUFeSOjYfdU

You have to be kidding me.....people were slipping and sliding all over the court tonight, the ball was slipping through hands.....it is CLEARLY obvious his hand slipped off the ball....

RP, I don't really care one way or the other but watching the replay (link) there is a clear shot of it at about the :29 mark. It looks like his hand comes off the ball, hesitates, then he elbows Hansbrough on purpose. Not saying that was the case but it sure looks that way.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUFeSOjYfdU

RP, I don't really care one way or the other but watching the replay (link) there is a clear shot of it at about the :29 mark. It looks like his hand comes off the ball, hesitates, then he elbows Hansbrough on purpose. Not saying that was the case but it sure looks that way.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUFeSOjYfdU

 

I saw no hesitation.

I watched the rest of it and at the 1:29 mark it looks more like a slip and accident.

I saw no hesitation.

Not so much a hesitation but just didn't look right.

Not so much a hesitation but just didn't look right.

 

The officials had to deem it intentional unless college has a different rule. Otherwise, there would not have been a T.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.