Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TJ Houshmandzadeh says he wants to be an Eagle

Featured Replies

I heard TJ was on Sirius today and said that he'd love to play for the Eagles or Giants.

 

In other words, he would probably love to play for whichever team pays him the most money. I hope that team isn't the G-Men (unless it is relatively cheap, and that is not happening).

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't franchise TJ for $9.8M per year. No way. He's not worth it on THIS team.

 

Yet Andrews and Smith were worth it? Let's face it, Bengal's management has no clue as to how to use the franchise tag....

Yet Andrews and Smith were worth it? Let's face it, Bengal's management has no clue as to how to use the franchise tag....

 

Don't jump to conclusions.

 

Secondly, just because they have franchised other players doesn't mean they need to make the same mistake again.

 

Unless you know you can negotiate a contract that is acceptable to both (and $9.8M isn't close) then you don't franchise him on this particular team.

Don't jump to conclusions.

 

Secondly, just because they have franchised other players doesn't mean they need to make the same mistake again.

 

Unless you know you can negotiate a contract that is acceptable to both (and $9.8M isn't close) then you don't franchise him on this particular team.

 

I don't know. I would figure you would use the franchise tag on the best football player on your team. Just a thought, you know "Franchise" I'm taking the term has some kind of meaning behind it.

I think TJ would less money to just get out of Cincy, I do think he will be an Eagle.

TJ doesn't want to stay here so there would be no negotiations. If you tag him, its a one and done deal for $9.8M.

 

If I were king, I'd take the $9.8M and fortify the lines on both sides of the ball.

 

TJ is very good and I hope he gets paid but I just don't want it to be here if its at $10M.

 

He would negotiate for a long term deal where he gets paid a big bonus don't fool yourslef into believing differently.

They talked about it on ESPN last night, and they seemed to think he has no chance of being a Bengal again.

He would negotiate for a long term deal where he gets paid a big bonus don't fool yourslef into believing differently.

 

He's going to the highest bidder and he's going to get paid more than he's worth, IMO.

 

If I were Cincy, I'd keep him if the price was right. Since I don't think the price will be right, I'd let him walk.

 

This team is re-building and Houshmandzadeh isn't a game-changing receiver. There's no point, IMO, to overpay him in their current situation, especially considering his age.

 

The Bengals are almost to the point where they need to just blow it up, identify the few players that they can build around (that are still young enough to build around) and go from there.

 

Personally, the way I see it...I like Carson, Rivers and the young secondary. Most of the rest of the roster needs to be improved significantly.

 

The o-line and the DT's are the top 2 priorities. If they go in any other direction...:confused:

Would this move change the way they draft in a few months? Or do you think Caldwell, Simpson Chatman Holt etc could step right in along sign an already disgruntled Chad who would be losing a close friend and fill the spot nicely? Personally if we lose him Id love to see them try a trade for Bolding(will never happen) and draft Crabtree if hes there.

Why throw away money on him if you're the Bengals?

 

Larry Fitzgerald is the exception, but WRs don't win football games. Games for the most part are won or lost by the offensive and defensive lines. This team needs to build both those areas up, and they can use the money they'll save from letting TJ walk to do that.

 

If they resign or franchise him, it's just another example of this team doing the thing that is exactly the opposite of what they need to do put a winner on the field.

Why throw away money on him if you're the Bengals?

 

Larry Fitzgerald is the exception, but WRs don't win football games. Games for the most part are won or lost by the offensive and defensive lines. This team needs to build both those areas up, and they can use the money they'll save from letting TJ walk to do that.

 

If they resign or franchise him, it's just another example of this team doing the thing that is exactly the opposite of what they need to do put a winner on the field.

 

:thumb: Agreed, especially on the Fitzgerald part. :lol:

Did he really need to interview.. DeShaun Jackson is alright and so is Curtis but thats about it?

 

This has impact especially with Chad gone in a year or so.

Why throw away money on him if you're the Bengals?

 

Larry Fitzgerald is the exception, but WRs don't win football games. Games for the most part are won or lost by the offensive and defensive lines. This team needs to build both those areas up, and they can use the money they'll save from letting TJ walk to do that.

 

If they resign or franchise him, it's just another example of this team doing the thing that is exactly the opposite of what they need to do put a winner on the field.

 

I totally disagree. See Indy, New England, Arz etc. Just think about how fast the Giants went downhill this year once Plax was gone. TJ on an offense like Philly or NY where he is drawing single coverage is a major problem for defenses. He is around the top if not on the top of catches almost every year now.

He is around the top if not on the top of catches almost every year now.

 

A lot of that is because he is a 2nd option. If he goes to NY or Philly he would be the primary option and I don't think he would get a lot of those underneath catches that he is known for in Cincy.

I am a HUGE Bengals fan, and all I can say is good for you TJ. Don't spend another year rotting away in the Natti.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.