Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier 80 LSU 70

Featured Replies

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is X's RPI?

 

X is #4 in the rpi right now

Taking a shot, mobaar? I don't understand. I think LCPats is correct in saying LSU is probably one of the three best teams in the SEC. They have the best record in the west and will be a conference tournament threat. They have been playing really good ball, they are incredibly athletic and it's tough to win in Baton Rouge.

 

Based on previous posts, I can only assume so. Perhaps I misjudged.

 

However, I try to bring facts to the argument, and based on the RPI, LSU is #5 not top 3.

 

As for their SEC record, its actually 2nd best in the west behind MSU.

 

All that said, its certainly a good win by X to go on the road to a major conference and pick up a win.

It's games like these that get me all excited to play Xavier twice this year.

 

 

Go Flyers... :isurrender:

  • Author
I actually thought LSU could win this game on their home court. Xavier is good, and have an impressive coach. Xavier may have a hard time keeping him around.

 

I disagree. Xavier is becoming one of the top teams in the nation every year, so I don't see Miller leaving to "bigger and better things".

I disagree. Xavier is becoming one of the top teams in the nation every year, so I don't see Miller leaving to "bigger and better things".

 

It's all about the benjamins.

It's all about the benjamins.

He's actually paid a lot at X. Will be very interesting to see if Arizona targets him...

However, I try to bring facts to the argument, and based on the RPI, LSU is #5 not top 3.

 

As for their SEC record, its actually 2nd best in the west behind MSU.

 

Using the RPI is in the discussion is definitely fair, but it's probably too early to say that because LSU is the fifth ranked SEC team automatically makes them the fifth best team in the SEC.

 

As for their conference record, it is behind that of Mississippi State. But that 81-57 Tiger win over MSU just four days ago makes the RPI/record stuff look a little thin.

Frease is an excellent post player on offense. I see his game translating well to the next level (if he can add quickness). Miller should try to hold on to him for as long as possible.

 

He's not "excellent" on offense but he has made major strides with his footwork and his jump hook. When you're 7 feet tall coming out of high school you don't have much experience trying to score over players as big as you. Moves that worked in high school have not worked in college and he's made the proper adjustments.

 

He moves fairly well. Shoots a decent shot. Needs work at the FT line.

 

He and Love combined put up strong numbers at the 5.

Using the RPI is in the discussion is definitely fair, but it's probably too early to say that because LSU is the fifth ranked SEC team automatically makes them the fifth best team in the SEC.

 

As for their conference record, it is behind that of Mississippi State. But that 81-57 Tiger win over MSU just four days ago makes the RPI/record stuff look a little thin.

 

:thumb:

 

I wasn't going by anything other than the fact I think they are the third best in the conference, behind UK and UF. I am not sold on Tenn. and Miss. St., Arkansas has fell apart and I don't know enough about USC.

 

Just my opinion.... :cool:

I know you're just trying to get a shot in on the SEC, but FYI:

 

realtimerpi rankings:

14 - Tennessee

29 - Florida

54 - Kentucky

67 - South Carolina

68 - LSU

 

Using your logic, you got the Cats 3rd. That's interesting....:popcorn:

I disagree. Xavier is becoming one of the top teams in the nation every year, so I don't see Miller leaving to "bigger and better things".

Maybe. But just let a Kansas, UCLA, Kentucky, North Carolina, or Duke type program offer him, and we'll see. It's all about the $, and he is human.

Maybe. But just let a Kansas, UCLA, Kentucky, North Carolina, or Duke type program offer him, and we'll see. It's all about the $, and he is human.

He'd leave for Pitt. Outside of that, it will be interesting to see when a big boy comes calling...

He'd leave for Pitt. Outside of that, it will be interesting to see when a big boy comes calling...

 

What kind of $$$ is Miller making at X?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.